9.68%
Meh.
22.58%
No.
25.81%
WATDAHELLISWRONGWITHYOUBROHELLNO
22.58%
Total votes: 31
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Oberon51
Hi !

I'm here to suggest a new mod, that would be named Reversed, that would basically be more of a challenge and funnier to play with the Relax/Autopilot/etc... but that could be interesting :3

Basically, everything is reversed :

For the osu! mode :

The music, the approach circles, the life bar, reversed background (180 degrees), Scoring (if you do a 300, it does a miss, a 100 would do a 50, a 50 would do a 100, and a miss would do a 300, but the scoring doesn't change, ie. a 300 would still give a 300, but appears as a miss) and you start with the maximum score that the bot can do, and you need to finish the beatmap with the least points possible (Same applies for the spin, ie. you start with the maximum score the bot can do on the spin, and you need to finish the spin with the least points possible).

For the CTB :

The character at the top but with the fruits still falling down, the life bar.

For the Taiko :

Blue and red beats reversed. (Red = Blue and the other way around), going from left to right (Maybe, that would be... hard), you start with a full life bar and it goes empty by the time you play (Works the other way around).

I'm gonna put up a poll, and we'll see :3

Tell me what you think could be added and/or improved, because this needs more fun !

(I'm waiting also for feedback from CTB and Taiko players to know what i can add :3)

Credit to me for the original idea

Credit to GoldenBide for the idea about the osu! mode and Kakaw3t for his reaction to the CTB mode :3

And to quote Princess Luna :

bomber34
For the lolz yes but i don't really need this mod
also i don't get how it should work with CtB

For the CTB :

The character at the top but with the fruits still falling down, the life bar.
How are you supposed to dodge the fruits?
Topic Starter
Oberon51
Well, you're not supposed to dodge them in CTB, you're supposed to catch them. So i don't see what you mean here.
bomber34

Oberon51 wrote:

Well, you're not supposed to dodge them in CTB, you're supposed to catch them. So i don't see what you mean here.
Then I ask this like this

How are you supposed to hit them?
I mean you are at the top and the fruits are falling from the top.
You don't see them. So you just could play HD + FL then ... just more extreme
theowest
if you do a 300, it does a miss
No.. What?
This is stupid. Beats are assigned to the rhythm. You get a 300 because it's closest to the beat.

This mod is too easy to cheat with anyway.
Topic Starter
Oberon51
bomber34 : The actual character is at the bottom, but the one you SEE is at the top.

theowest : Did you read my ENTIRE POST ? I doubt so.
theowest

Oberon51 wrote:

bomber34 : The actual character is at the bottom, but the one you SEE is at the top.

theowest : Did you read my ENTIRE POST ? I doubt so.
I did. Everything sounds retarded.
Topic Starter
Oberon51
theowest : Could you give me your definition of fun ? It seems weird to me.
theowest
A source of amusement, enjoyment, diversion, etc.

Your feature request seems annoying.
Annoyance is not fun.

The music, the approach circles, the life bar, reversed background (180 degrees), Scoring (if you do a 300, it does a miss, a 100 would do a 50, a 50 would do a 100, and a miss would do a 300, but the scoring doesn't change, ie. a 300 would still give a 300, but appears as a miss) and you start with the maximum score that the bot can do, and you need to finish the beatmap with the least points possible (Same applies for the spin, ie. you start with the maximum score the bot can do on the spin, and you need to finish the spin with the least points possible).
Seriously, what's the point of this? It's not harder, it's not easier, it just looks worse. You can already skin these things.

The music is reversed? You mean the beatmap will play backwards? How will reverse music sound good, or even play well as a beatmap?
Aurele
That seems fun, but weird.
Ceani
That would be confusing as fluck.
theowest

iLunaRawrx wrote:

That would be confusing as fluck.
exactly. and confusing is not fun.
Aoko
Meh, maybe. I go with the flow, so I say no. As they said, osu! IS a rhythm-game and what is the point if 300 = a miss? It's not a rhythm-game anymore, it's a dodging game.
Topic Starter
Oberon51
Like it's said, it would be an unranked mod, so for fun, and in multiplayer with friends, on some map like... let's say VOX UP, that could be fun ?
Shohei Ohtani
That seems like quite a bit of coding.

More then what developers would want to do for an unranked mod.
dNextGen
nope
Wishy
Skin folder --> Make some skin with 300 = miss, miss = 300, etc.

Cheated your whole mod, reversing the map and stuff is retarded anyways.
Shiirn
Denied as similar things have already been suggested and mods such as these are confusing, useless, and trite.
-Athena-
Erm.. Nah sorry I don't really see the point, at least the other unranked mods have a purpose(well maybe auto pilot sucks but yeah..) this sounds like its purely.. "for fun" which seems like a waste of time