forum

Yoko Hikasa - Don't Say "Lazy"

posted
Total Posts
show more
James
lol im not trying to be mean but...
whats the point in adding a diff here where you have your own map. people are requesting a easier difficulty map, not a "as hard as the current map" difficulties?
and you already have same song uploaded...

as for the kiai time... let the PEOPLE whats they say about this...

sorry im too sleepy so expect worse grammar stuffs.
DJPop

James wrote:

lol im not trying to be mean but...
whats the point in adding a diff here where you have your own map. people are requesting a easier difficulty map, not a "as hard as the current map" difficulties?
and you already have same song uploaded...

as for the kiai time... let the PEOPLE whats they say about this...

sorry im too sleepy so expect worse grammar stuffs.
I wanted to add my diff too but it was too late, the map already got ranked :(
Just want to let ppl have choices to play my map on TV size or Full ver.

+1 HP Drain
Download: Yoko Hikasa - Don't Say Lazy (Dangaard) [Pretty].osu
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Larto
Pretty is pretty good.

LOL PUN.
Hanyuu
The Lazy difficulty is a really good easy version and it should be added to the ranked maps in my oppinion! The pretty is pretty but this would be the 3rd hard/insane? :P
vytalibus
Because Larto is a faggot who sometimes forgets to add a heart icon to say that there are new difficulties.
Larto

vytalibus wrote:

Because Larto is a faggot who sometimes forgets to add a heart icon.
what? I bubbled it because the new difficulties needed approval
Zerostarry
Next BAT: Make sure all the kiai abuse is removed before ranking, kthx
Ekaru

Zerostarry wrote:

What kiai time abuse?

The only abuse is that all kiai time sections before the end are use incorrectly, which isn't reallya buse. There really should be 2, and only 2, kiai time sections: 1 for the super duper epic section at the beginning, and 1 for the super duper epic section at the end.

Seriously, putting them where he did was just silly. Sections in between lyrics? WTH, really.

Also, I think this map is overrated, but that's just me.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
Just popping in to say that I approve of the eccentric use of kiai time as-is.
Larto

LuigiHann wrote:

Just popping in to say that I approve of the eccentric use of kiai time as-is.
Topic Starter
Dangaard

Ekaru wrote:

What kiai time abuse?

The only abuse is that all kiai time sections before the end are use incorrectly, which isn't reallya buse. There really should be 2, and only 2, kiai time sections: 1 for the super duper epic section at the beginning, and 1 for the super duper epic section at the end.

Seriously, putting them where he did was just silly. Sections in between lyrics? WTH, really.

Also, I think this map is overrated, but that's just me.
There's no rule where to put kiai sections. I put mine on the neon light character presentations since the enlightened beats in kiai time fit to this imo.
Anyway, you should know that not everyone thinks same about what is "super duper epic". You might be right that this map is overrated, but I cannot change people's decisions.
And furthermore you can just ignore this map if you don't like it. I mean there sure are enough other maps that fit your preferences.

Zerostarry wrote:

Ok, you say next BAT, you are BAT as well, but you just want to change kiai time. If you want something changed then mod it yourself next time and don't interfere in other BATs work, that's pretty lame. Also changing already ranked difficulties, regardless of possible score resets, is something I won't accept.
Ekaru
Oh, that's what you did?

That makes sense if you're using the video. But in the future, keep in mind that you should never base anything off of the video, unless it's that one indian map. This is because lots of people don't play with the video, so video-based things make no sense to them.

Sure, there's no rule, but here's what the kiai mode tab says;

Fountains, flying stars, flashing beats. This is what you could call the "epic chorus" mode in osu!. It will emphasize a particular part of a song. Please don't overuse it.
Kiai Time comes from Taiko, where it's called Go Go Time, or something like that. There are unwritten rules they use in Taiko. It's generally used during the part that "defines" the song, for emphasize and such.

The kiai time here works just fine, though. Better than some usage I've seen. Ex. from that one Cirno map (randomness FTL). So it doesn't need to be changed, since now that you've explained it, it makes sense. ;) Just that, in the future, please keep the description (and how it's used where it came from) in mind.

P.S. You can't exactly say "don't play it". If you want the highest ranked score possible, you *have* to play it. I was just pissed at that time, though, because I couldn't FC Alazy. ><; That's all, no worries. Although, you should say "suck it up" instead of "don't play it" for that reason.
Topic Starter
Dangaard

Ekaru wrote:

P.S. You can't exactly say "don't play it". If you want the highest ranked score possible, you *have* to play it.
The only one to blame in this case is the player who forces himself to play something he doesn't want to.
Also you cannot blame a mapper for using video-based elements, it's the players PC that disables the player to enjoy a map to the fullest possible extend, not the map (video as well as kiai time).

Anyway the neon light kiai use was kinda exception, there aren't many songs/videos where it fits in a similar way.
Zerostarry
I'll just quote this again

Fountains, flying stars, flashing beats. This is what you could call the "epic chorus" mode in osu!. It will emphasize a particular part of a song. Please don't overuse it.
Read: Chorus.

There should really be only one kiai section at the end, around 01:00:513.

Ok, you say next BAT, you are BAT as well, but you just want to change kiai time. If you want something changed then mod it yourself next time and don't interfere in other BATs work, that's pretty lame. Also changing already ranked difficulties, regardless of possible score resets, is something I won't accept.
Mhm? I didn't pop the bubble because it wasn't worth delaying your difficulties even longer. Everything is correct, but the kiai makes the map unplayable for certain people, which isn't right. We have a no video mod, but there is no way in hell there will be a no kiai mod. I can't even make it half way through your map without dying from the lag :( I'm sure there are others with the same problem.
Gabi
everyone has their own style of mapping and art. he should be aloud to use kiai timing wherever he thinks its "art" for him. after you have finished the map its your turn to rate the creators art and mapping.
Larto
Could people finally check the additional difficulties on this map? They have my bubble, and I want to add this to Anime Pack 3, so HURRY, I won't add this without those difficulties.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, just because Kiai is called the "Epic chorus mode", it should NOT be limited to choruses or lyrics. In this map, the Kiai is put very interestingly and cool. If it distracts you: STOP GETTING DISTRACTED. Easier said than done? Nope. When I play a map, after 2 or 3 plays I don't even notice the distractions anymore. e.g., when I played Disturbia first, which is MEANT TO DISTRACT, the fake circles and spinners got me, even though I mapped it myself. Now, they don't have any influence on me anymore. Or all the other people that have #1-10 on it. If you get distracted too easily, you're just not good enough or you don't focus enough on the map. Full Stop.

EDIT2: Oh, and if it lags, your PC is under the minimum system requirements afaik. Get a new one. Mine is antique and Kiai works fine <3
Takuma

Larto wrote:

When I play a map, after 2 or 3 plays I don't even notice the distractions anymore. e.g., when I played Disturbia first, which is MEANT TO DISTRACT, the fake circles and spinners got me, even though I mapped it myself
lmao
Larto
Jarby
Pretty's tick rate is retarded.

Lazy:

TOO MANY SLIDER JFSAHDL

00:05:81 (5) - This doesn't work. Change to the slider pattern used before, or copy this to that one.
00:50:73 (4) - No.
00:53:38 (3) - No.
00:57:36 (2) - No.
01:00:34 (2) - YES.
01:04:82 (5) - Doesn't work blah blah.

Easy:

00:00:51 (1,2) - Whistle.
00:01:17 (3,4) - Finish, or normal soundset.
00:04:49 (5) - New combo.
00:09:79() - Add notes.
00:25:70 (5) - New combo.
00:36:31 (4) - New combo.
00:41:61 (6) - New combo.
00:46:92 (6) - New combo.
00:54:87 (5) - New combo.
00:56:20 (1) - Remove new combo.
00:57:19 (6) - New combo.
01:03:49 (5) - New combo.
01:08:80() - Add notes.
01:19:24 (1) - 1/2 forward, shorten 1/2.
01:24:71 (4) - New combo.
01:27:36 (8) - Change to circles.
Topic Starter
Dangaard

JarJarJacob wrote:

Pretty's tick rate is retarded.

Lazy:

TOO MANY SLIDER JFSAHDL

00:05:81 (5) - This doesn't work. Change to the slider pattern used before, or copy this to that one.
00:50:73 (4) - No.
00:53:38 (3) - No.
00:57:36 (2) - No.
01:00:34 (2) - YES.
01:04:82 (5) - Doesn't work blah blah.

Easy:

00:00:51 (1,2) - Whistle.
00:01:17 (3,4) - Finish, or normal soundset.
00:04:49 (5) - New combo.
00:09:79() - Add notes.
00:25:70 (5) - New combo.
00:36:31 (4) - New combo.
00:41:61 (6) - New combo.
00:46:92 (6) - New combo.
00:54:87 (5) - New combo.
00:56:20 (1) - Remove new combo.
00:57:19 (6) - New combo.
01:03:49 (5) - New combo.
01:08:80() - Add notes.
01:19:24 (1) - 1/2 forward, shorten 1/2.
01:24:71 (4) - New combo.
01:27:36 (8) - Change to circles.

Hmm, would be nice if you explained your "this doesn't work"/"blah blah" a bit more. Combos and sliders are fine for me.
kideddie1501
no sound or music on easy
Jarby

Dangaard wrote:

Hmm, would be nice if you explained your "this doesn't work"/"blah blah" a bit more. Combos and sliders are fine for me.
I just don't like it. It feels too slow and out of place.
Gabi
BUMP for BAT's to realize that difficulties needs to be added to this beatmap
Topic Starter
Dangaard
reduced slider tick on [Pretty] from 4 to 2 due to max score (now 4,7 mio).

Download: Yoko Hikasa - Don't Say Lazy (Dangaard) [Pretty].osu
Remco32
Larto
Rebubbled.
LuigiHann
Topic Starter
Dangaard
BakaMizi
I created beatmap for you. Can be/Maybe? (sorry for my english ==')

Download: Yoko Hikasa - Don't Say Lazy (Dangaard) [Annoying].osu
Topic Starter
Dangaard

BakaMizi wrote:

I created beatmap for you. Can be/Maybe? (sorry for my english ==')
Sorry, I won't add any further difficulty. Anyway, except of some major errors concerning the rhythm/timing of beats and overused hitsounds, this sure got potential. It seems you have a feeling for design/patterns, just try to follow the rhythm of the song next time and use grid level 3 for more accurate spacing (and don't forget the distance snap).
;)

Download: Yoko Hikasa - Don't Say Lazy (Dangaard) [AnnoyingEdit].osu
Krimo_old
Hello! I'm a new french player ;)
Thx for this song :)
Maybe one day i will finish it [i'm the biggest noob ever]

But, one thing: the fail background :evil: ALso i make mine ^^
Here
Feel free to use it!

Many thanks ;)
James
Advanced congratulations on reaching #2 spot.
Alace
Hey we did it
#1 play now
Derekku
Grats on #1 *wonders if a new popular map will take the spot someday*

May 2010 Edit: Another month or two and this will be true ;S
i love miku_old
:) :D i rock
francoisfire
what is this anime called?
Andrea
K-ON!