forum

Heya!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuugo
Hey all! I've been playing osu! since June 2011. For some reason I never got active on these forums while I have been lurking around for a while so here goes my introduction!

I'm Yuugoh, 19 years old guy from the Netherlands. I'm currently in my first year of computer science at the university of Delft. I've been playing the guitar for about 8 years now I think.. other than that, I guess I'm a vivid gamer and I love almost everything Japanese. I'm trying to learn myself Japanese when I'm bored or on a train too.

Other than osu! I play a lot of Starcraft II and occasionally a bit of League of Legends with some friends(really, that's the only reason to play it, going into that game alone is mad o.O) Oh! and I've played a couple of Touhou games too.

I'm a bit of a music freak too, I like most genres, whether it is classic or (quality) rap, metal or blues. I usually play blues and rock myself. Although lately I've just been grasped by Touhou arrangements.. I'm listening less and less to other music xD

It's about time for me to get active in this community as it seems very openhearted :D

So hello, goedendag and konnichiwa everyone!
ychao
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the game and the forums with its community!

Yeah osu! has the knack of influencing one's music tastes quite heavily. :)

Oh and osu! is spelled with a lower-case 'o'.
Kinrinjin7
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay ! Add me if you wanna do some plays x)
Topic Starter
Yuugo

ychao24 wrote:

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the game and the forums with its community!

Yeah osu! has the knack of influencing one's music tastes quite heavily. :)

Oh and osu! is spelled with a lower-case 'o'.
fixed :P
Xylem Beer
welcome. :D
vizzy
Welcome to the forums/community! Hope you enjoy it here. I also used to play Starcraft II, but I quit June 2011. I still watch the major tournament streams though, and occasionally HuK's or Stephano's.
Pizzicato
Welcome to osu!
Have fun and enjoy your stay.
Topic Starter
Yuugo

vizzy wrote:

Welcome to the forums/community! Hope you enjoy it here. I also used to play Starcraft II, but I quit June 2011. I still watch the major tournament streams though, and occasionally HuK's or Stephano's.
I used to watch KawaiiRice' stream a lot back in june 2011. I had my summer holidays back than and was studying mathematics part-time. The lessons were in the late afternoon so I stood up early to have some time left of the day. So I played starcraft on my main screen and had KawaiiRice on my secondary monitor. In fact, I fell in love with his playlist, which consisted of mostly of J-pop. I then heard he got most of it from osu! and saw him play osu! once. That's how I got into this game :P through a starcraft II stream...

*cough* /storytime
ychao
Nice story - funny how one amazing thing led to another sometimes doesn't it?

In any case,, I'm glad you've decided to be part of this community. Here's to an enjoyable stay!

vizzy

Yuugoh wrote:

vizzy wrote:

I used to watch KawaiiRice' stream a lot back in june 2011. I had my summer holidays back than and was studying mathematics part-time. The lessons were in the late afternoon so I stood up early to have some time left of the day. So I played starcraft on my main screen and had KawaiiRice on my secondary monitor. In fact, I fell in love with his playlist, which consisted of mostly of J-pop. I then heard he got most of it from osu! and saw him play osu! once. That's how I got into this game :P through a starcraft II stream...

*cough* /storytime
Ahh I see~ Yeah I believe I saw him play a few games of osu! during his stream once, and he promoted it in his stream info. That explains his high APM. I think I found osu through IRC.

ps. I don't like the new format of GSL this year. =/
Irisu_old
hello and welcome to the forums~ hope to play with you~
Kanye West

Yuugoh wrote:

Other than osu! I play a lot of Starcraft II and occasionally a bit of League of Legends with some friends(really, that's the only reason to play it, going into that game alone is mad o.O) Oh! and I've played a couple of Touhou games too.
Welcome to the forums bro. You should check out the LoL thread and/or add me ingame. Me and my two 1900 elo friends can carry you if u want xDD
K a Y e
Welcome and enjoy~ xP
Topic Starter
Yuugo

vizzy wrote:

Ahh I see~ Yeah I believe I saw him play a few games of osu! during his stream once, and he promoted it in his stream info. That explains his high APM. I think I found osu through IRC.

ps. I don't like the new format of GSL this year. =/
I feel like new GSL format leaves more room for fluctuating between Code A and Code S. It was incredibly hard to get into or out of Code S in the past format. I've seen a lot of people come and go the past two seasons and I feel like that it makes the tournament more competitive and more honest in the way that only truly the best get to stay in Code S.

kanye west wrote:

Welcome to the forums bro. You should check out the LoL thread and/or add me ingame. Me and my two 1900 elo friends can carry you if u want xDD
Hm.. I don't really care about my rating or whatever in that game, besides I play on the european server :P my summoner name is Yuuugo, in case you do have an EU account, 'cuz playing with cool people is fun nonetheless.

hetaliafangirl99 wrote:

hello and welcome to the forums~ hope to play with you~
Thanks, and feel free to send me a chat message when you see me online!

K a Y e wrote:

Welcome and enjoy~ xP
Thank yuu~
Kanye West

Yuugoh wrote:

kanye west wrote:

Hm.. I don't really care about my rating or whatever in that game, besides I play on the european server :P my summoner name is Yuuugo, in case you do have an EU account, 'cuz playing with cool people is fun nonetheless.
Nah i play on NA servers lol, made an EU west account and had like 250 ping. Got stomped by level 5 smurfs xDD