forum

Digital artwork contest (no talent whatsoever required!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jarby
I will be making songs in groups of four indefinitely based on any original artwork posted here at 600x600 or so until I get sick of it. The theme to beat in mind is perceived aspect of me. When I've finished a set of four, I'll put it up on bandcamp as usual. Get cracking!

Old news
So, I decided I'd do something a little different today: I want you to design the cover artwork for my (potentially) world-renowned sophomore album in progress. In fact, the plan is that I base the entire project on the artwork submitted in this thread. I'll pick my favourite dozen or so and then release it with a compiled cover image. I'm not entirely sure, actually.

The theme for the contest is perceived aspect of me. Please keep this in mind. If you know nothing, check out this album of things I drew on a whim that are somehow related to me. Images should be as png files in a square resolution. Try 600x600 or something divisible by that, I'm not really fussed. Give them a jazzy name too if you like or else I will.

Anyway, to clarify: Make cool artwork, post in thread and maybe you'll receive a personalized song by the one and only Jarby! In fact, you probably will because I can't see this thread getting very popular. Try not to take this as seriously as I appear to be because I'm wordy to a fault.
Larto
Let's get the ball rolling with something that says "It can only go uphill from here."

D33d
Remind me to teach myself to use Photoshop again.
Topic Starter
Jarby

D33d wrote:

Remind me to teach myself to use Photoshop again.
(no talent whatsoever required!)
CapnDavid
I'll pass, I'm not good at anything anyways.
SapphireGhost

Larto wrote:

Let's get the ball rolling with something that says "It can only go uphill from here."
OR CAN IT?
Rokodo

The word is Jarby.
Topic Starter
Jarby
Songs have been completed for all four three submitted covers so far. I think I'll have a cut off at nine so I can make a cool collage.
SilentKiller
Topic Starter
Jarby
ztrot
I've got this jarby I've got this.
Cuddlebun
oh oooooh I'll do one later today
mtmcl
Your mission, if you choose to accept it...

-Athena-
Photoshop, Y U SO HARD? (Goes back to using GIMP like a wimp)
Sync
Photoshop is way easier to use than shitty GIMP.

I will be participating ;_;
Sleep Powder
You must have no talent to participate? I'm in.
-Athena-
It probably has something to do with me using gimp before photoshop orz...
Topic Starter
Jarby
Mara
These are beautiful. I'm just sayin'.
D33d
Screw you, chickenbitch. Have a cover anyway.

mm201
If you'll let me help you with harmonies, I think some of these, with improvements, could be included in osu!stream.
RandomJibberish
I HAVE SUCH GOOD MOUSE CONTROL

NotShinta
Hey, me too!

Topic Starter
Jarby
Change of plan: I will be making songs in groups of four indefinitely based on any original artwork posted here at 600x600 or so until I get sick of it. So yeah, I'm doing Shinta's at the moment. When I've finished the set, I'm putting it up on bandcamp as usual. Also, to clarify, I did contact mm201, so I'm not being rude here by skimming over that. Really!
Mashley

Go
Topic Starter
Jarby
Mashley, you are fucking rad.
boat
Finally this might get to some use.

Topic Starter
Jarby
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!! Sorry that I missed out Chins on this release, but it will definitely make it next time, I swear.
boat
show more