forum

Loop Button on the Main Menu [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Destro
Sometimes you want to let Osu! just sit in the background while you listen to a song or two, and that's why the convenient shortcut buttons are at the top right in the main menu, but recently i've noticed one button that it seems to be lacking - the Loop command. If you want to listen to a song seceral times over without bothering to press Skip backwards every time it ends, then you're out of luck as it stands. The only way to get a song to loop in Osu! currently is to keep the beatmap selected under Play, but the problem with that is it starts the song over in the middle of the song, great for a quick peek at what the song's like, but not so great when you want to passively listen to it over a few times.

I'm sure this would be a very easy addition without any complaints. if this has been suggested before, then tell your search engine it lied to me again. :roll:
anonymous_old
Click Solo or Edit.
Larto

strager wrote:

Click Solo or Edit.
see

Destroyer224 wrote:

...The only way to get a song to loop in Osu! currently is to keep the beatmap selected under Play, but the problem with that is it starts the song over in the middle of the song, great for a quick peek at what the song's like, but not so great when you want to passively listen to it over a few times...

Also, this sounds nice in my opinion. A little loop button for the jukebox will probably be easy to implement, hurt no one and I sometimes wish there was one, too.
Support.
0_o
I'm running OS X right now so I can't check to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it changed in the last public build so that the song loops to the beginning in play/edit mode?
anonymous_old

Larto wrote:

strager wrote:

Click Solo or Edit.
see

Destroyer224 wrote:

...The only way to get a song to loop in Osu! currently is to keep the beatmap selected under Play, but the problem with that is it starts the song over in the middle of the song, great for a quick peek at what the song's like, but not so great when you want to passively listen to it over a few times...
I just tried this. It only jumps to the middle when you change songs, not when you enter Solo or Edit.
Topic Starter
Destro
Okay, maybe it changed very recently, or I just haven't been paying attention. It seems that it does start from the beginning after all. Even still, it seems like a kind of work around way that those new to Osu! may not figure out on their own. I still suggest this just for completeness' sake, it's not like it'll be hard to implement.

Also, I have a question. The random song selection of the little jukebox seems to pick songs like the Random feature does for beatmaps, meaning songs with tons of individual difficulties get played way more than ones with only one or two difficulties (The DDR Megamix comes to mind, especially since it's like half an hour long in total). Am I crazy here too or does it need some tweaking?
anonymous_old

Destroyer224 wrote:

Also, I have a question. The random song selection of the little jukebox seems to pick songs like the Random feature does for beatmaps, meaning songs with tons of individual difficulties get played way more than ones with only one or two difficulties (The DDR Megamix comes to mind, especially since it's like half an hour long in total). Am I crazy here too or does it need some tweaking?
I'm annoyed by this, too. =[ IMO each map set should have equal weight. So it'd randomly select a map set then randomly select a difficulty.
Real1
I suggested this to peppy in IRC once but I didn't geta straight answer.

Of course I support this.
HarryOrunitia
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.