forum

Hi :D

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy
Hi everyone! I'm Martina, but you can call me Shikky ;)

I'm 20 years old and I live in Italy. I really like those games based on rhythm, and a friend on another site told me about this one. I soon began playing it. I find it a little more difficult than the game on the nintendo ds, but I hope I'll play better with some training... ;)
I'm friendly and I like to speak with other people... My friends say that I speak too much, and sometimes they can't stop me. xD

What about you?

I also have a problem... When I play some circles cannot be seen, so I can't immagine they're there, and I miss them. How can I do?
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy
I also have a problem... When I play some circles cannot be seen, so I can't immagine they're there, and I miss them. How can I do?
ychao
Hi Martina/Shikky, welcome to osu! and its community.

First off please try not to double-post, the EDIT button at the bottom right of your first post is there for a reason. Just a friendly reminder. :)
There's (usually) nothing wrong with writing a little bit much in 1 post, especially in this sub-forum - it says a lot more about yourself which is the idea anyway.

shikkysfranzy wrote:

I don't quite understand your dilemma here...? Are you having a problem with the hidden mod? A rephrase would definitely help.

Practice makes perfect<- there are no truer words than these. Just keep playing the songs that you love, you'll get better in no time. :P

Last but not least, enjoy your stay!
vizzy
Hi! Welcome to the community.

You just have to keep practicing. I started off playing in September 2010, and I found out I really suck. Took a break for a few months, got back into it and I became good.
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy
Hi Ychao! :) Thank you!

First of all, sorry for the double-post :( I didn't want to create problems... It will never happen again.

My problem is simple, but difficult to explain. I play a song: normally the circle with he number inside has a border and is coloured. Sometimes it happen something strange: I can only see the small number (sometimes transparent) and the points (if I'm clicking the ball, and I cant see the ball). So I can't understand where the circle is or how long the way of the ball is. :( I can't understand why.

At the beginning there wasn't his problem. Only at the sixth song this happened, and happened also to the other 5 songs I have.

Hi, Vizzy! :D Thank you for your support! I really appreciate it.

I'm a good player, but with hands (and a bit with feet), becouse I always play games similar to this one, but the part I have to use are fingers xD not a mouse. And this create lots of difficulties to me. But training will be the solution. ;)

I began to play today, but I can't moan very much, becouse my normal grade is C, and sometimes B. xD It isn't a really good grade, but It's the first time I use a mouse instead of my fingers, and I am really satisfied. Moreover I like lots of songs, and I can't wait to play the ones I love! :D
ychao

shikkysfranzy wrote:

Sometimes it happen something strange: I can only see the small number (sometimes transparent) and the points (if I'm clicking the ball, and I cant see the ball). So I can't understand where the circle is or how long the way of the ball is. :( I can't understand why.

At the beginning there wasn't his problem. Only at the sixth song this happened, and happened also to the other 5 songs I have.
Do you mean that you can only see the hit-number and not the hit-circle (with the border)?
You're not supposed to click on the slider balls btw, you're supposed to click-hold and trace its movement along the sliders. Correct me if my interpretation is wrong here.

As much I would like to help, I think you will get a better response posting your problem here (http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewforum.php?f=5).
EDIT: Never mind that last statement, I just saw your post there :D
Rii_old_1

shikkysfranzy wrote:

I really like those games based on rhythm,
but I hope I'll play better with some training... ;)
I'm friendly and I like to speak with other people..
that's very good. feel free to add me for some training if ya like.
anyway, welcome franzy \o/
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy
Here is an image with my problem.

Rii_old_1
use the help section for help, more people check for problems there, and more people know there.
ychao
That is odd indeed. And you said this is the same with all your songs now?

Try backing-up your 'Songs' folder and re-installing the game.
EDIT: Also, what Rii said - re-post the pic in your problem thread.
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy
That is odd indeed. And you said this is the same with all your songs now?
Yes, for every song. At the beginning only one. After also the others. :( I hope someone can help me in the help section ;)

Rii, thank you for your disposability! :D I added you, with joy!
What do you mean when you say that you can train me? :)
Rii_old_1
that I can play with you in multiplayer :D
Fabi
Hi Martina!
Mercurial
Welcome Shikky :3

Use sidescreen to avoid that problem.
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy
Really, Rii?? :D When I solve this problem I will do it surely! thank you! ;) :)

Hi Fabi! ;) Would you like to tell me something about you? :D

Hi, Imercurial! First of all, thank you! Sorry if I ask, but I have a question:
Use sidescreen to avoid that problem.
What is "sidescreen"? Another setting of my screen?
Mercurial
Untick this option

My resolution is 800x600 Window Mode. Sidescreen -> Window Mode.

Try it.
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy
Yes, it works! :D Really tnx for the advice! 800x600 is better and now no hidden circles xD Thanksskkskskskssksksksksk Yuppi!
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy

iMercurial wrote:

Untick this option

My resolution is 800x600 Window Mode. Sidescreen -> Window Mode.

Try it.

You solved my problem, Thank you! :D Really really much!
ychao
Mercurial
No problem, as you wish :)

If you want, Add me as a friend :)
K a Y e
Hi Shikky! Welcome to osu! :)
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy
Hi! :D Thank you!
Everyone has been very gentle and good with me *v* I love the video you posted, Ychao :))
Fabi

shikkysfranzy wrote:

Hi Fabi! ;) Would you like to tell me something about you? :D
Well, I will tell you something, everybody is inside me \:D/
Tell me your secret, pantsu color?
Rii_old_1

Fabi wrote:

everybody is inside me \:D/
explains a lot O_o
Mercurial

Rii wrote:

Fabi wrote:

explains a lot O_o
Rii is a serial Killer.

Watch out.
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy
Fabi wrote:
Rii wrote:
explains a lot O_o
iMercurial wrote:
Rii is a serial Killer. Watch out.
I'm worried too xD Fabi, let's do so: tell me yours and I'll tell mine xD
Fabi
The one im using now is grey :D
OK, pantsu color and bra size? :roll:
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy

Fabi wrote:

The one im using now is grey :D
OK, pantsu color and bra size? :roll:
What kind of questions about ourselves are those? xDD
However colour is black and bra... Not really much. xD 2.
I meant something like "where are you from?" "How is your character?" "What do you like or not? And why?" and so on xD
Mercurial
Fabi pedo.
Sander-Don

iMercurial wrote:

Fabi pedo.
>20 years old
I missed this intro :< Welcome! and stuff.
Topic Starter
shikkysfranzy

iMercurial wrote:

Fabi pedo.
xD I'm worried! O.o xDD however, Hi, Sander-son!! Thank you! :D I found lots of people with my same age! At the beginning I didn't xD I donn't know why... How can you explain it?

For iMercurial: for the favour you did, all right ;) Really thanks ;) Now I'm rading what I can do now! :D
Mercurial

shikkysfranzy wrote:

For iMercurial: for the favour you did, all right ;) Really thanks ;) Now I'm rading what I can do now! :D
No problem, as you wish :)