forum

Earn bonus points when spinning a spinner in Taiko. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Low
For example - Alot of people complete spinners early, and they just stop, which makes it kind of awkward. Why not implement bonus points to make the spinner end where it should?
lepidopodus
Spinners in Taiko isn't intend to end on its end in editor mode, so we fit our maps to that already, except those osu standard maps which are made without any intention about playing with Taiko mode.

aka I strongly oppose this.
those
How would you prove that you aren't cheating for spinners?
lepidopodus
cheating?
OzzyOzrock
I think he means that some people will cheat to clear spinners faster...

But either way this isn't a good idea, for even in the real games you can finish balloon and potato notes early.
those

lepidopodus wrote:

cheating?
e.g. set a macro repeating don/kat multiple times at a very high rate
Yuzeyun

Jacob wrote:

For example - Alot of people complete spinners early, and they just stop, which makes it kind of awkward. Why not implement bonus points to make the spinner end where it should?
Dendens and that stuff are bonus points imo. not clearing them will not prevent you from FCing charts, am I right ?
KinomiCandy

Jacob wrote:

Why not implement bonus points to make the spinner end where it should?
No.
Touche_old
Kei

KinomiCandy wrote:

Jacob wrote:

Why not implement bonus points to make the spinner end where it should?
No.
Oh, don't be so rude. >_>

Anyway, I agree with lepidopodus. I don't support this.
Sander-Don
Useless, no thanks.
mancuso_JM_
Bad Idea, It's very unnecesary!!
NO!!
DerekMcD
I'm sorry to say this but this has to be denied.

Long ago, it used to be, with the sliders. And it got replaced with dots that looks similar to on the sliders. Maybe it's because of cheating.
MMzz
Used to be a feature a long time ago.
Just like when we had unlimited slider hits people just hacked them hence slider ticks.
I always thought it was stupid.

To bad mattyu007's channel got nuked I could have pulled up a vid that had the feature for spinners.
Derekku
I think there's enough reasoning to deny this; sorry!

Also, changing how scoring works would likely mean another Taiko score reset, and we don't need another one of those. :p