forum

Beatmap Pack Torrents

posted
Total Posts
show more
Frizz
Holy shit downloading beatmap packs has never been this easier.

You sir, are my hero :)
Ushinro
Because packs take a while to complete, I may create torrents in-between like 0401-0425, then 0401-0450, and so on.

I think I'll go with 0401-0450 because 25 downloads isn't that bad I don't think.
Moriya Suwako
Well that's cool!!
But my hard disks don't have more space..
Moriya Suwako
Well that's cool!!
But my hard disks don't have more space..
Moriya Suwako
I can only reach 30KB/s...
That's the reason why I don't like downloading torrent files...too slow... <3
IppE

yellowyoshi1996 wrote:

I can only reach 30KB/s...
That's the reason why I don't like downloading torrent files...too slow... <3
Have you tried enabling protocol encryption? It usually helps with some cheap ISP throttling issues.

Zelmarked
Some guy in Hungary is making my day with 30-50 Kb. Rest of my peers are 15Kb or lower.
Sync
I'm seeding 300-400. I've uploaded like 135GB locally in 2 weeks ;_;

EDIT:

It will take awhile, but I'll be seeding those for as long as possible.
thelewa
yes sync you're a great human being I shall dl that pack when I get home
Ushinro
I'm home at the moment so uploading might be slow until around the middle of January. The internet at school is much better since it's a gigabit network versus my 25 Mbps internet plan at home. I didn't realize that people would be downloading this during this time but I will try to upload. I do check this thread often for issues that arise like this one. Also, I have been keeping up-to-date with the packs and have just downloaded pack 416 at the time of this post. I plan to make a torrent for 0401 to 0450 and will delete that one when 0401 to 0500 is ready.

Here is how much I've uploaded so far:
Zelmarked
I don't know why I didn't add the other torrents. Added them now. I'll leave it on over nigh-...over day? Lol night schedule.

It'll take a while b4 I get a significant amount of the last three that I can seed usefully.
silmarilen
im downloading pack 1-100 right now
thanks for this man
Ushinro
I should emphasize that the packs should be downloaded from latest to earliest, as this is the recommendation on the beatmap pack listing page.
silmarilen
in the end you will end up with all maps anyway, so it doesnt matter that much imo.
Zelmarked

silmarilen wrote:

in the end you will end up with all maps anyway, so it doesnt matter that much imo.
This. Getting the latest ones first is like eating desert before dinner. The dinner is still there.
IotaSC
Awesome! I have a handful of random beatmap packs already, though, will adding all of these duplicate them or does osu recognize that and not do so?
YGOkid8
you can choose which packs you want and don't want to download, if you have a decent bittorrent client.
Zelmarked

IotaSC wrote:

Awesome! I have a handful of random beatmap packs already, though, will adding all of these duplicate them or does osu recognize that and not do so?
It should not duplicate them. I have already added all and have noticed none.

If not inherently programmed to just disregard, which I'm sure it is, your computer would not allow duplicate file names with the same extension to exist in the same directory.
Dzan
Is it worth getting the themed/charted/special packs too? Or will most/all those songs be included somewhere in the "normal" 400+ packs?
DeathxShinigami

Dzan wrote:

Is it worth getting the themed/charted/special packs too? Or will most/all those songs be included somewhere in the "normal" 400+ packs?
No it's not. If you just download all of the standard packs. You'll have almost all of the ranked maps.
raww_old
It won't let me download it (0 kb/s) :/ anyone willing to send all of the maps at skype or something?
Mercurial

wiii
raww_old
ye it works for some, my friend who is on another internet can do it too, I'm sitting on a school internet and I think they blocked torrents because none of them work. (they don't understand torrents are not illegal).. :/ fml
Zelmarked

raww wrote:

(they don't understand torrents are not illegal)
Many torrents are but overall they don't want you leaching on their bandwidth.
Ushinro

raww wrote:

It won't let me download it (0 kb/s) :/ anyone willing to send all of the maps at skype or something?
If you do that you're practically downloading them individually without the hassle of all that clicking.

I'm usually seeding 24/7 so there should rarely be times when the torrent seems dead.
Chisper
You my friend are a legend, been driving me crazy downloading 1 pack at a time.

Will contribute as much seed time to these as possible.

Thanks heaps :D
Ushinro
What sort of numerical increment would you prefer? The current one of 100 packs per torrent, 200 per torrent, 50 per torrent or something else?

Edit: Pack 450 seems to be close to release so I will make an intermediate torrent for 401-450 and see how that goes.
Kitsunemimi
I honestly think that 100 packs is the most logical.
djjsixpack
Seeding all 4 currently, will have it running for most of the day I think. 35mbps upload.

EDIT: Seeding again. 6:13 PST.
DeathxShinigami
Beatmap Pack #450 is up btw if you planned on creating the next torrent~
Ushinro
401-450 is up. Thanks for your work DeathxShinigami. I do hope I'm not taking traffic away from you in a negative manner such as possible ad revenue if you have an agreement with MediaFire.
Zelmarked
Broken link?

The torrent you are looking for does not appear to be in our database.
Edit: Found link proper by looking up your profile:
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=299882
Ushinro
Sorry, I was editing it and I forgot I was doing so.
Zelmarked
Fking Time Warner

And whoever I connected to giving me 360kb+ made them go crazy.

djjsixpack
Whoever's seeding is a beast lol, 6100 kbps.

I'll seed afterward too.
Zelmarked
Is anybody seeding/leeching, RIGHT NOW? I ask because my torrenting is completely dead on all torrents. I'm just curious is if it's really lack of s/l or rather my isp is getting all miffed at my torrenting and intervening.

Gonna restart.
Ushinro
The osu! torrents rarely had no seeders between the time of making the torrent and now. I would assume that it's your ISP since I've kept my computer on all day.
Luvdic
You should definitely make a pack that goes from 401-450

EDIT: Oh never, you should update first post then... :(
Ushinro
I'll tell Daru when I see him online. I don't really care who makes these torrents but it does take quite a bit of space on my drives.

ErufenRito wrote:

I'm not sure if I should delete the 401-450 one when the 401-500 is ready though. I am thinking about providing a 1-500 torrent while still making the 100 pack interval ones available.

Edit: I was intending to get rid of the 401-450 but I just wasn't sure of the grace period for those still downloading it.

Edit 2: I re-uploaded the torrents to make the file names consistent and removed the text file. Here are the direct and magnet links: p/1089145
Zelmarked

Ushinro wrote:

I'll tell Daru when I see him online. I don't really care who makes these torrents but it does take quite a bit of space on my drives.

ErufenRito wrote:

I'm not sure if I should delete the 401-450 one when the 401-500 is ready though.
At a later time yea. As long as I can copy the 401-450 into the new 401-500 and there's no match up problems it could be done anytime.
show more