forum

Mod: Random Mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan
I could easily see some beatmaps improving due to this feature, which is kinda scary. Maybe things like overlapping notes would need to be conserved, and beat spacing not enforced on lengthy breaks (since they'd be off screen). Also, slider shapes?
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Beatspacing staying the same means that same-space ones would remain untouched, and like it alt-spacing, if a note is long enough away, it will be placed anywhere, and sliders would be just mirrored or flipped in any direction, but I guess big sliders (like the star in YTI in the original) would have to stay in relatively the same spot.
chan
Sounds ok by me. Was also thinking of randomly placing the nodes of sliders and randomly selecting bezier/linear/catmull sliders, but maybe that's too random! Also, random colour schemes? Random skin selections? It's just a bunch of random possibilities :P
awp
So long as it doesn't defeat the purpose of the beatmap and how the creator designed it, it could be good to keep you on your toes. A lot of maps synch'd to videos would be a bit pointless though, as they'd lose their effect.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Random slider nodes would spawn some pretty crazy sliders.
chan

Cecilthemos wrote:

Random slider nodes would spawn some pretty random sliders.
Well, I've made/seen quite a lot of random sliders in my osu! experience. Probably sliders could turn out rather ugly if they are linear, but I think bezier or catmull ones might be interesting.
peppy
This is an interesting concept.