forum

Meet DarkSymphonia / Merlin Kuroki!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DarkSymphonia
I have started playing osu! at the start of the year but have been really busy to introduce myself, as this year I'm taking a national exammination. Now that it has ended, I'm slowly building up my online presence.

Below is my introduction; I use the same one everywhere. Feel free to fire any questions at me.

DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN BRIEF...

Merlin Kuroki (黒木マーリン) - your self-professed writer, art hobbyist, volunteer and obsessive junkie of Japanese entertainment and subculture. Considered to live in an extended childhood by peers.

I specialize in drawing monsters from cartoons and games like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Sonic. I also love designing gifts for friends.

...AND IN GREATER DETAIL

When it comes to my otaku-ness, I'm crazy about both guys' and girls stuff. I like your usual shonen stock like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I also have a soft spot for shojo things like Sailor Moon, Magic Knight Rayearth and Nanoha.

There are only 2 things that I refuse to agree about Japanese entertainment. The first is the perverted stuff like fanservice, transformation cutscenes, overly revealing outfits, lollicon etc. The second are the 2-faced female idols. They can be cool - they appear on dramas and variety shows, do voice acting and so on. But I don't like what they do behind that -appear scantily clad in men's magazines and idol DVDs. Sure, they may be talented for the former but that is all I like them for. I go for talent and personality, not sex appeal. Personally I feel that there isn't a need for girls to show off their skin to be popular, despite what people say.

And that's about all the randomness about me.

CONTACT ME

Please follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/DarkSymphonia/ and Like me on FaceBook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkSymph ... 0622924403 if you are on those sites
mathexpert
pretty nice intro, welcome to the forums !! :)
Rii_old_1
SUCH A CUTE JIRACHI! WELCOME!!!!!!! :D