forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shiirn

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

Anyone here played Muv-Luv Alternative? It's got the highest rating of all games in VNDB, so it should be damn good, right? :3
The plot was okay but it didn't draw me in like some other stories. Was too gimmicky. Just my opinion, though - people seem to like it a ton.

ampzz wrote:

If you can put the SRPG element, and the old graphics of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de aside it was a very nice and interesting visual novel to go through without any erotic scenes included.
It was only the original version which possessed the sexual innuendo but the final release had none of it which is following through to the official English release (working alongside the team who fan English-translated the game) done by JAST.
It's still a very nice VN with a side bonus of an interactive story based on how good you are at the game, and also allows for more expansive playing once you beat the game several times (level cap first playthrough = 30, second = 60, 3+ = 99, you can choose)
Yumi14_old

Shiirn wrote:

http://vndb.org/

seriously use that

http://vndb.org/v414 here's kirakira, even!
Gee, thanks a lot :D

ampzz wrote:

If you can put the SRPG element, and the old graphics of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de aside it was a very nice and interesting visual novel to go through without any erotic scenes included.
It was only the original version which possessed the sexual innuendo but the final release had none of it which is following through to the official English release (working alongside the team who fan English-translated the game) done by JAST.
Might try it, thanks for the suggestion :D
anthonyyy0
The ending of ever17 was amazinngggg. I'm going to play the others in the infinity series now. Assuming they've been translated.
Shiirn
remember11 was

strange
anthonyyy0

Shiirn wrote:

remember11 was

strange
Stranger than ever17? Because that's pretty hard to top. o-o
Shiirn
it wasn't as complete in explaining everything at the end. You were left with a half-finished story that never really made sense (Unless you were both clever AND saw 99% of the bad endings to tie things together), as well as multiple cliffhangers at the end of the legit ending.
anthonyyy0

Shiirn wrote:

it wasn't as complete in explaining everything at the end. You were left with a half-finished story that never really made sense (Unless you were both clever AND saw 99% of the bad endings to tie things together), as well as multiple cliffhangers at the end of the legit ending.
Ohhh, I see. How long is it? Longer than ever17 or shorter? That's the only visual novel I've played so far so I'm not sure about how long an average VN is.
thelewa
TOMORROW IS THE DAY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Shiirn

ragelewa wrote:

TOMORROW IS THE DAY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Faust
TODAY IS THE DAY
akrolsmir
what, katawa shoujo? Didn't know it was so anticipated...
Scarth
I'm looking into playing Umineko, any thoughts on that?

Also, hi, first post.
NoHitter
Try solving all the crimes before reading Episodes 5 - 8.
Other than that, good luck.
Shiirn

akrolsmir wrote:

what, katawa shoujo? Didn't know it was so anticipated...
i don't know who you are anymore
Lance
AND THE WAIT BEGINS.
thelewa
Drakari_old
Huh, and here I don't even know what that is.

I'll wait until somebody can tell me whether it's horribly depressing.
akrolsmir
Upload being faster than download is certainly new for me.
thelewa

Hanako's skinburns taste like bacon

1.4mb/s it's time to be mad
Lance
With that, the story of Four Leaf Studios is finished. As a single entity, we will not be producing another game. But even though our story has ended, you will now be able to experience a new story; the story that Four Leaf Studios existed to create.
Man, this really got to me. I won't be able to read tonight because I have to work in the morning, but if KS is even half as enjoyable as I expect it to be I will consider it a success. To think a group of people from /a/ can produce something at this scale... maybe it isn't a complete waste of time to be there.
Zerostarry
lol its finally out.

playing nao.
ampzz
I have a gruelling six days to endure before I can play this; what a time to get shaped. If only I had of factored in that they were actually going to release it on an announced date without another year-long delay.

Please do not post spoilers at all or I will be booking international flights to brutally murder someone or a group of individuals.
TKiller
I wonder if I'd be as much excited if not the overall backstory and ALL THOSE THREADS.

Uh, no, obviously not.
those
Playing now.
NoHitter
I deprived myself of a lot of info regarding this, so it'll be a surprise.
thelewa

TKiller wrote:

I wonder if I'd be as much excited if not the overall backstory and ALL THOSE THREADS.

Uh, no, obviously not.
Pretty much the same thing here
Shiirn
Hanako route first because that's what The Dice decided (1-6 for each of the 6 routes, including kenji's manly)
TKiller
remember you haven't read /a/ today
open it
OH HOW COULD I FORGET MUSN'T READ NOOOOO
repeat

Silly me.
Lance

TKiller wrote:

remember you haven't read /a/ today
open it
OH HOW COULD I FORGET MUSN'T READ NOOOOO
repeat

Silly me.
ahaha this was me all day today
Shiirn
finished 2-face route, on to BLIND IS JUSTICE route
Zerostarry
wow I think I just got the bad end on my first run through

i dont remember it being that easy to fall to the bad end in the demo..
Ephemeral
anime incoming
Locher
Whatever happens...
Zerostarry
Finished Rin route and i'm disappointed.

In the demo I only did Rin's route and bad ending so I guess KS ends for me here.
Aoko
Clannad Full Voice is awesome though i get a little bored sometimes~ ♥
I forgot the other VN games i played though ><
Hey, is the VN of School Days really that awesome? There is a video i guess also included on the VN...
Correct me if im wrong!~
Shiirn

Aoko Kuroba wrote:

Hey, is the VN of School Days really that awesome?
NOPE
Lance
Finally finished my first route (Emi). If the other routes are as good KS will get a 9/10 or 10/10 from me.
Tenshi-nyan
Hah, got Hanako's route on the first play. I absolutely love shy girls like that <3
Tenshi

[Lance] wrote:

Finally finished my first route (Emi).
I got the Bad End my first time. I was so disappoint in myself. q_q

But the Good End made up for it. <3
Shiirn

[Lance] wrote:

Finally finished my first route (Emi). If the other routes are as good KS will get a 9/10 or 10/10 from me.
I actually considered Emi a little bit "less" than BLIND IS JUSTICE and two-face.

Still have Footpainting and deaf bitch to go, though.
show more