forum

Saving Distance Snap multiplier in osu file [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
I noticed that the Distance snap value is saved within osu configuration.
But it's a pain because when you are working on more than one map or modding someone else's map, you don't know the distance snap value anymore.
So, it would be nice if latest Distance Snap used on a song (because some maps are made with more than one value of snapping) could be saved on the osu file without having to find it manually everytime.

What do you think?
Skyripper
Personally, I think it's a good idea.

On a side note, it really isn't that hard to figure out and some people (awesome people) will put what grid size and distance snap they were using in their post.

Then of course there is the bunch of people who don't really use distance snap.
K2J
I agree wholeheartedly. Whatever distance snap was last used when the file saves is saved to the file and set when it opens next.
Echo
Personally I don't think you *need* the distance snap value when modding? It's not like you need to know anyway, you're modding the map's intuitiveness, not nazi'ing the spacing
K2J
It's moreso for people who edit several maps at once, and forget what distance snap they were using on one map, thus having to do a bit of trial & error to check.
0_o

K2J wrote:

It's moreso for people who edit several maps at once, and forget what distance snap they were using on one map, thus having to do a bit of trial & error to check.
This, and also it would be nice if this could be done for snap divisor too, purely for convenience of course..
anonymous_old
I like this idea.

Just be sure to save it per map, of course, and not per song.

Not too sure about the snap divisor for the timeline, though, as 0_o mentioned. It's very trivial to find what the correct value is. Would be a nice, but unneeded, feature.
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Just so you guys don't keep bumping this, I definitely agree on this idea and will implement it asap.
Jeffro
Yay!

I suggested thise feature twice as well, glad its finally happening!
peppy
Added in latest test build.