Total Posts
show more
Mafiamaster

Pokebis wrote:

Is that a challenge?
I'm filling in for Ival, let's go.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Man, Saints Row keeps getting better. I thought I was some unstoppable shit once I got a fully upgraded Bulldog with a turret. Then I thought I was definitely unstoppable once I got a tank in my garage. But now I am the tank. Invincible + infinite rocket launcher. Brutes are a joke now. And tanks.
awp
Dual Pistols + Explosive rounds
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, I 100%'d Saints Row 3, so I guess it's time for Saints Row 2. By the way, it's really annoying how they didn't let you choose black as a clothing color. That makes no sense.
awp
Saint's Row 2 is probably much harder to get 100% in. I remember the highest-difficulty diversions being really, really difficult (for some diversions). I wasn't able to clear all the drug trafficking ones iirc - particularly because you were confined to a single vehicle and once that thing was on fire, Game Over Man
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So I played the very beginning of Saints Row 2, but I don't think I can keep playing that after beating Saints Row 3. Like, it's such a major step down that I just can't deal with it. The fact that I can't just jump straight into cars sucks so bad. And the control scheme is the stupidest thing I've seen. I also miss my character. Some of that wouldn't be such a problem if I wasn't already so entranced with SR3 though.
Lilac
At least we now know that Saints Row 3 is one of those games which had a better sequel.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

So I played the very beginning of Saints Row 2, but I don't think I can keep playing that after beating Saints Row 3. Like, it's such a major step down that I just can't deal with it. The fact that I can't just jump straight into cars sucks so bad. And the control scheme is the stupidest thing I've seen. I also miss my character. Some of that wouldn't be such a problem if I wasn't already so entranced with SR3 though.
Saints Row 2 has a quick-car mode as well.

Jump on the hood of the car and press triangle.

SR3 is better than SR2 gameplay-wise, but SR2 had a better character creator
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
You have to jump on the car? That's weird. I liked being able to sprint and jump into the car from a block away.

I will not argue the fact that the character customization was better. But it didn't have some of the options that I used in the third one, so I couldn't even get close to having the same character as the third one. Also, the clothing options were way, way, way better. You had styles, more clothing options, and you could pick black and white for once.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

You have to jump on the car? That's weird.
yeah, it's a bug. I don't know if they've fixed it since I last played it though. You go from on top of the car to instantly inside it.

Saints Row 2 allowed me to make Waluigi, so I can never argue with those results.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh, it's a bug. I thought that was a gameplay feature or something. That would be weird. Anyway, I hate how they switched square and X around in areas like reloading/jumping and handbraking. And R3 to zoom sucks in any game. And this may only be a temporary problem, but it was pissing me off in the beginning. A lot of the times when an enemy would melee me, I'd fall down, get up, then immediately get hit again before I can counter or run away and have to get back up again. So stupid.
awp
I saw some SR3 gameplay videos that demonstrated how wrong I'm playing that game. I like base jumping, but I've never grappled a pedestrian and taken them base jumping with me. There's a cheat code that makes the entire city of Steelport intoxicated and I had no idea.
ampzz
I've never actually had a problem with that instant 'warp' inside a car when you stand on it as it was always a massive time saver when you're in the middle of running for your bloody life. XD

It's a lot nicer than how clunky and retarded trying to steal cars in GTAIV was at least.

Random splice of fun and humour made it enjoyable as heck.
Don't tell me none of you launched yourself from aircraft to land on a car and instantly start driving as if nothing ever happened whilst pissing yourself laughing?
Lilac
Is there any game on the PS3 that's good with online co-op?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Full campaign or just co-op mode? PS3 exclusive or anything on PS3? Saints Row 3 has full co-op. Haven't done it, but I don't see why it wouldn't be fun. Army of Two 2 and Resident Evil 5 have fun co-op. Dead Island, Borderlands.
awp
I just finished the Matt Miller (Deckers) quest chain in SR3

Fuck yeah, Combat. I have two copies of that game for Atari 2600
[2EZ]Codyk

(will add list of games later)
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh yeah, that Deckers part was awesome. I like how you get that tank afterwards, and the buster cannon.
FelixCross
PSN Gamercards

If we can match games I'm down for anything.
Just say you're from Osu! so I know what's up.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Ok, I tried playing some Deus Ex today. I didn't get very far though. I kept getting bored and taking breaks and at one point I even took a nap because of how bored I was. That game makes it seem like you have a choice between using stealth or going in guns a-blazing. But you don't. Because you get a ridiculous amount of XP for doing stealth and you get piddly shit for just shooting them. And when you start an alarm, the game makes you feel like you fucked up. If they want this game to be so stealth-based though, they could've at least made the stealth fun.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

If they want this game to be so stealth-based though,
I heard they don't because boss fights
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
That's part of the reason why the game's so annoying though. They really, really, really want you to use stealth, but then they have boss fights which basically prohibit that, so it makes no sense.

Edit: Oh, another reason I know they want you to use stealth is that your health regeneration is pathetically slow and you can barely take any damage even on Easy. Also, the controls are permanently configured for a stealth game as opposed to a shooting game (L1 is cover and R3 is zoom).
awp
Cover-based shooters and regenerating health can take a boot to the ass anyway
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So I think my problem with Saints Row 2 initially was the fact that I tried to jump into that right after beating SR3. But I'm revisiting that game now. That jumping on cars trick is bloody awesome. It's kind of weird how you have to do the activities to get the bonuses in this.
787B
'O Hai I'm late. Sorry ;w;

PSN ID: Salmonefs

Games:
Dark Souls
Mass Effect 2
Heavy Rain (my favorite)
FIFA 10
GRID
Gran Turismo 5
Call of Duty Black Ops
Little Big Planet
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2
Portal 2
Modnation Racers
God of War: Collection
God of War 3
Street Fighter IV
Resistance: Fall of Man (very old but classic)
DC Universe Online

Almost on the limit of friends I can add but will appreciate requests~
Mafiamaster
Arghhh, my dorm neighbor's internet went down and I've been stuck without it for a week and a half now. Probably should have gotten my own a month ago. (Cafe is my internet for now)

Almost platinum'd Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. Just need to catch 2000 fish for it...
First Rune Factory game I've played.
Great game, saw Skyripper playing it so I decided to get it.

Also got No More Heroes: Hero's Paradise. I saw some girl licking a bat on the cover of the case and I knew I had to get it.
At first, I fell asleep an hour in because it got really boring but then it started becoming fun as I progressed through the game. The handling on the motorcycle driven is really wonky. I don't know if that's just how it is but there's a 1 second delay before it starts turning. That's one thing I don't like about the game not to mention the minute wait to save. Overall though, it's decent.

I'm probably gonna buy Saints Row 3 just because.

Waiting for FFXIII-2 'til then.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I wanna get Rune Factory. How's the combat in that anyway? It looked kind of Kingdom Hearts-esque.

Who's getting FFXIII-2 anyway? I'm still not sure if I should. I got the Plat in the last game, but I didn't really like it. And the fact that they're doing that stupid monster party member thing like in Tales of Symphonia 2 isn't helping to convince me to buy it.
awp
It's a numerical Final Fantasy game, so I'll likely play through it eventually.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
It's kind of crap that they made a sequel, and then made sure that you didn't get to keep any of the party members from the original. So you're stuck with Serah and a dude wearing poofy, purple pants. Not to mention everything's so wildly different that it's hard to call it a sequel. Definitely feels like a spin-off.
awp
from what I've seen the battle system is almost identical
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, that's the only thing that's keeping me from thinking this should just be FFXV. But you've got towns again, you can replay parts of the story, I guess, you've got the Pokemon crap, you've got a new battle encounter system, branching dialogue trees, summons work differently, and there are quicktime events in battles now. The only thing that's the same as FFXIII is paradigms.
Ivalset
Paradigms were kind of a big deal though.

If I had to use a completely imaginary weighted system I'd probably say paradigms were about 85% of the battle system.
awp
the other 15% was YOU AFRAID OF OL' SAZH?
Ivalset
Goddamn, that head bobbing.

Fuck, I just realized how shitty FFXIII-2 is going to be without that.

I hope Serah's provoke is good enough.
awp
haha no, that ain't happenin. I think Sazh is still in the game, but he's not playable, so we're stuck with a bunch of faggots for party members
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
A bunch? I think there's only the two permanent party members. I think you get to play as Lightning temporarily and I don't know if Sazh is playable, but I think he's DLC anyway. And I think you can play as some NORA members or something?
DawnII
I'm guessing Serah and futurefag as permanent party with some Lightning playability. Guest characters will show up but they will be autonomous, like the NORA members were in the beginning of XIII (or were they, so fucking long since I touched that game). Snowfag (omg I needed moar party in da back) and Hope (I like to think I outgrew my androgyny) will be some such characters. Whatever, as long as I can use a malboro and breathe on bitches I will be satisfied.
Ivalset
I want one of those annoying ass jurassic bird dinosaur things that stun the fuck out of you on my side.
Larousse_old
ID: Telepyrokinesis

Games:
Battlefield 3
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Gran Turismo 5
Test Drive Unlimited 2
GTA4 (episodes of liberty city)
Demon's Souls (I WANT DARK SOULS NOW)

Talking about this, I made this video. I Really need to fix it and I have no idea how to... I posted it in 3 forums and asked lot of people but they just don't know how to fix it...

Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Fuck, guys. Fuck. Resident Evil 6. November 20th. Screw this Operation Raccoon City buuullshit coming out soon. All of a sudden November 20th is all that matters. Every game in between has vanished from my horizon and it's all about RE6.
show more