forum

Piano Mod, Piano Beatmaps, Maps with custom timing. [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
It's so sad that osu does not have original classic music by various composers of old times. Reason of course is obvious and it is timing. Tones of red lines. Even if you time them correct/perfect, they'd be unplayable, too much different speeds. I'm suggesting to add new Piano mod which may fix that issue. It's same as standard osu! mod, but with custom timing. Set timing, whichever, you want, add piano keys in your song folder, download piano sheet, and according to sheet build your map. That means that everyone note should be hitsounded by piano note.
Due to giant amount of notes, i think we need more options of custom hitsounds, something like CustomN Normal/Soft in timing panel to make possible adding notes of every kind (highest, higher, minor, lower, etc).

I tried to realize my idea, it's Manchester et Liverpool the very beginning part. I couldn't find better paino keys, but i think you can understand what i want to say.

http://puu.sh/8S0k

Discuss.
Kurohige_old
lets support this guysssss!
Ijah_old
Support+++
Basically IIDX-like sound placement?
those
Custom hitsounds?
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/84218
This was pretty cool.
OnosakiHito
I can just support this since I had a similiar idea in the past.
Right now, I have nothing more to say. Sorry.
happy30
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24808
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13773

would be fun if you could adjust the tone on every hitsound, maybe pan as well
mm201
There is already another customizable sampleset available in test. Doing anything specific for gimmick maps like this doesn't make sense to me.
The resulting song with your method would be the same as if you had used a MIDI for the music, and the involved effort would be about the same--possibly more since the osu! editor isn't as efficient as music editing software at creating it. Doing this solves the "untimable music" problem in the same way.
Suimya
+support~
MonoCholor
Support t.t
ziin
claire de lune

I could totally remake this if I had more than 12 hitsounds to choose from.

However, the end result would still be nearly unplayable. There exist a few maps on osu which use this, but are very difficult to do accurately because you aren't following the music: you are making the music. If your BPM is slightly off, you will start to get 100s, even though it sounds perfect to you.
-----
I totally support this.
hoihoisoi
Sounds cool. Supporting this!
ShadowzI_old
This sounds like basically "allow tone/more custom hitsounds".

Though I love the idea I can see the first problem being the ridiculous amount of sound files people will start including...
or some way to change the tone for every hitsounds... (that could be difficult with pitch change as not every sound has the same pitch... or even one to begin with)

But regardless since I've played Technika I'm in love with music video games that plays a corresponding note when you hit it.

Heres just one of the many examples of how enjoyable having multiple corresponding hitsound feels.

Here's the one without hitsound so you can hear the difference
TheVileOne
I'm just going to deny this. The OP is saying that it would be unplayable normally but would be more playable if there was custom timing. Custom timing isn't explained and piano sounds is possible with custom hitsounds. I'll just kill this thread completely by mentioning that 9 key gameplay has already been requested and 29 key gameplay has already been denied. So a piano mod taken literally has already been denied.
theowest
actually, it's a duplicate
t/100882/

the newer one has more support and is up to date, so it will make more sense to mark this as a duplicate
TheVileOne
Just because something is piano related, doesn't mean it's the same idea. Either way, it's fine duplicated since it's a list of things that have already been denied or are already possible in the game.
Jonbee7o7
I strongly agree to this