forum

SO I WAS PLAYING VALKYRIE PROFILE: COVENANT OF THE PLUME

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
AND I ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE LEVEL

IS THIS GOOD?

No seriously, I proced paralysis on like 80% of the maps enemies on a rescue mission. I'm lovin this game.

Not to mention my sorcerer casted suspend motion on the rest of the map. And my sorcerer has half damage from arrows so she was tanking all the archers. THIS SEEMS BACKWARDS.

Only bad thing is that I'm on B route so it's about the medium difficulty path. I heard A routes rescue mission is an absolute bitch.

LEISOLOTTE(sorcerer) NOW HAS MORE RDM THAN THE REST OF MY PARTY, THIS IS WHY YOU ALWAYS GO FOR DOUBLE SIN BONUS :3

I also took Allewyn Keep route for chapter 2 Mischka is a gem WHORE. One of his attacks hits 8 freaking times. I'm getting 1.5x xp from almost any enemy. If I don't it's because I didn't time my juggle right. He has slow movement but if he gets behind an enemy and stuns him...ohh man...ohh man.. ohhhhh man.... OHHHH MAN
Ivalset
If you use the plume you are an evil motherfucker.

Also, this game is awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome

But bosses who can soul crush by themselves can fuck right off. Seriously, what the fuck.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
But bosses who can soul crush by themselves can fuck right off. Seriously, what the fuck.
that shit made me RAGE

Also there is a tactic that allows you to position yourself behind en enemy

I gave that to mischka...OH MAN....OH MAN....OHHH MAN
Stock Break
C path is ridiculously easy, Plume the right people and Wyl gets the most broken abilities.

Of course, A path is hard as hell. Difficulty is also established by which battle you choose first in Chapter 1 (Path, Keep, or Forest).
Slain087
I wonder if anyone has actually completed the A route on a first playthrough.

As far as I can tell, the Chapter 2 decision only has an effect on the playable allies in that game - you need to use the Plume to determine which story you want past that.

I seriously want to try the A path, but considering my lack of tactical expertise (as well as lack of knowledge of VP damage systems and skills), I doubt I'd make it to Chapter 4, much less the last chapter.
Ivalset
Crash course at winning in VP:

Sap guard + Might Reinforce + Hit things with combos while they're on the ground stunned -> hit them more times -> soul crush x4 -> win
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Sap guard + Might Reinforce + Hit things with combos while they're on the ground stunned -> hit them more times -> soul crush x4 -> win
Pretty much
Slain087
If only that helped in Silmeria... Goddamn Seraphic Gate. I pound on you with what feels like five hundred hits, and you're barely halfway down.
Ivalset
I still need to do the Seraphic Gate in Silmeria. I stupidly saved over my original file when I beat the game the first time.

Oh jeez, the gate is going to be that much worse due to second playthrough.
Slain087
Anyone got the Angel Slayer (TM) yet?
Slain087
Speaking of the Seraphic Gate... (Read at your own risk)

"...Wyl? What are you doing?"

"..."

"W-wait--I truly thought you'd like it! Honest!"

"Feather o'er the battlefield..."

"No! I... I'm not ready to die!"

"You're already dead! And if you weren't, I'd kill you! Back to Valhalla you go!"

*Plume'd* "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy--!"
Ivalset
Oh god. Now I have to finish VP:DS just so I understand that shit.