forum

Old Silencing System back? [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
I think its kinda dumb to use silences in a warning when you really don't know that you have been silenced. Also, what good does it do to post in on your profile
Shiirn
functionality > sensibility
Azure_Kite
I thought this had been reverted. If not, it makes no sense to me why it hasn't been already.
"
Topic Starter
ouranhshc

Azure_Kyte wrote:

I thought this had been reverted. If not, it makes no sense to me why it hasn't been already.
"
I don't think its been
Cheer-no
Bancho still tells you if you get auto-silenced for spamming. No clue about mod-given silence.
peppy
If it makes no sense then you obviously aren't trying to think about why it would. It makes complete sense to me and from what I can see is working great.
Rena-chan
I agree with this !
I can see why it would be put on a player's profile, though personally I'd think that'd be more for kills. In any case, I super duper agree that you should know when you're silenced and who did it. For one, I wasn't even the slightest bit aware that I had been silenced until I looked at my profile page; No messages from Bancho that I wasn't allowed to talk. |:
Shiro
Knowing who silenced you is not a good idea. It has lead and will lead to flaming and insults. That was the whole point of hiding silences from moderators when they appeared in chat before.
peppy
Actually that isn't the point. They never did appear in chat.
Wishy
I don't understand how this new system works though, I got an infraction for "spamming Darksonic" who's actually a friend and stuff. Are those automatic or moderators put infractions by themselves? If they are automatic just lol... if they are applied by moderators themselves well, they shouldn't be doing so unless they get the stuff reported by someone who was actually bothered by some "spam" (if they're working like that then I said nothing).
peppy
The limits are already high. If you are automatically silenced for spamming then you should reconsider what you are using osu! for. I prefer my system to be used in a manner that isn't abusive (which includes PMs etc.) as it saves on overall support. The limits were introduced in PMs due to complaints over a period of time, and I don't intend to remove them.

Private rooms is a completely different feature request altogether and is under consideration. Multiplayer room spam allowances are already increase above public rooms and should suffice.

In interest of transparency, the limits are:

Public (anything #channel except #multiplayer): 5 messages per 4 seconds, rolling.
Private (PMs to other users and #multiplayer): 10 messages per 5 seconds, rolling.

I am not open to negotiation on these limits, and am sure you will agree they are lenient enough.
Galkan

Odaril wrote:

Knowing who silenced you is not a good idea. It has lead and will lead to flaming and insults. That was the whole point of hiding silences from moderators when they appeared in chat before.
If silence was given unfairly, then why not? Are you scared of taking responsibility for wrong decisions? :/
If I was silenced (or even more, banned) suddenly without any warning at first place, it'd be good point to start clarificating things via PM 'cause I'd know who punished me for "no reason".
peppy
If you are silenced unfairly, please report it in the support thread. We act as a team and will review each action taken by team members. It should never be taken up on an individual level.
Natteke
Will we really get silenced for stuff like this?

Mashley

Natteke wrote:

That's ridiculous.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc

Mashley wrote:

Natteke wrote:

That's ridiculous.
He's isn't the only one who has that.

Anyway, I'm refering to when you would get a pm saying tht you have been silenced.
peppy
I disagree with the above silence reasons, and if you follow this up in the said thread we can work towards removing them.
Lunah_old
What about using this system about bans, I mean, a user get banned 1st time (1 hour), 2nd time (2 hours), 3rd (4 hours) etc ..
Silences are too generic, there can be a misunderstood with the mod or things like this,
peppy
If you believe a case needs to be considered, please post it to the appeal thread.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
sooo, why was it changed. just asking
peppy
To streamline things; to move forward; to work towards a better future.
Wishy

peppy wrote:

The limits are already high. If you are automatically silenced for spamming then you should reconsider what you are using osu! for. I prefer my system to be used in a manner that isn't abusive (which includes PMs etc.) as it saves on overall support. The limits were introduced in PMs due to complaints over a period of time, and I don't intend to remove them.

Private rooms is a completely different feature request altogether and is under consideration. Multiplayer room spam allowances are already increase above public rooms and should suffice.

In interest of transparency, the limits are:

Public (anything #channel except #multiplayer): 5 messages per 4 seconds, rolling.
Private (PMs to other users and #multiplayer): 10 messages per 5 seconds, rolling.

I am not open to negotiation on these limits, and am sure you will agree they are lenient enough.
I must agree that the limits are really good. I got my infraction by saying something like:

lol
what's going on
not getting silenced
dasd
asd
asd
as
das
das
das
d
asasd

/me is stupid
LightoHK

Wishy22 wrote:

I must agree that the limits are really good. I got my infraction by saying something like:

lol
what's going on
not getting silenced
dasd
asd
asd
as
das
das
das
d
asasd