forum

Custom Chat Rooms

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Olinad
Is it possible (or can it be made) to make Custom Chat Rooms? They would appear on the rooms selection screen and disappear once they are empty...
CheeseWarlock
This feature strikes me as being far too easily abused. But I have no particular objections.
anonymous_old
You mean to say the Bancho IRC server should act like a real IRC server?

You're crazy.
Echo
Before Bancho came into existence, osu! used a "real" IRC server.
ThePassingShadow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
!addchan creates a channel, but at the moment it's limited to peppy only
mm201
I think it could work fine to allow anyone to create a custom channel by /join'ing it, like a real IRC server. In case too much clutter would result, these custom channels could be hidden from the osu!client's channel list, or otherwise be in their own tab. They'd vanish if all participating users left, as in real IRC.

I don't really see what kind of abuse could possibly result. It's basically an extended version of private messaging, only more than one-on-one.
peppy
Moderation just won't be possible with more channels. This would need to be considered.
RemmyX25

peppy wrote:

Moderation just won't be possible with more channels.
I read the OP, and this was the first thing I thought of. Plus, even if we just have BanchoBot moderating channels like it does for #multiplayer and PM chats, I can just imagine #osu filled with Bancho silence alerts for each channel. More of a concern to me is the content of some of the chat rooms. Who knows what crap can be published in a public channel behind our backs?