forum

[Archived] Ban Appealing

posted
Total Posts
show more
awp

Shiirn wrote:

You could get a bit better at English, Inamaru - "disregarding silence evasion" because under no circumstances will that sort of thing lead to a multi-day ban.
Citation?

Where does it say what you are or are not entitled to when you break the rules? The rules are something of a written contract between you (the account holder) and the nebulous blob of administration. You break that contract, and hey - all bets are off. You just need to hope we're more reasonable than you.

And if you've been banned at least 3 times in the past, I don't care what it was for - your lack of respect shows through, and I'm both amazed and disappointed by anyone who can get banned several times and still come back.

You've been banned 4 times in the past year (that I've seen, minor offences weren't regarded). Smarten up and fix your attitude.

(Not to pick on Shiirn, I think anyone who has been banned several times should just bugger off)
Shiirn
I apologize. I know i've been nothing but a dick to most members of the staff who were doing nothing but trying to do their job. I'm not one to make any excuses for it such as "life sucks bawww" so all I can really say is that I do honestly regret what i've said to quite a few people - I have a hard time up and admitting when i'm flat out wrong and i am far too critical of other people.

So yeah.
NWilliams1
I was banned for Replying to a Spam PM with... about 50-100 times more spam

http://puu.sh/717j < Chat Log

I seriously dislike getting PM's that are of no interest to me or are bothersome.
I know it was childish but I seriously got Banned for flood in a PM?
whymeman

NWilliams1 wrote:

I seriously dislike getting PM's that are of no interest to me or are bothersome.
That may have triggered the Bancho Anti-Spam. But seeing as you are able to talk in the chat, you should be fine now. Just report the PM spams if you keep getting them from the same person. Don't spazz out doing the same thing against the spammer otherwise, reporting it wouldn't make sense anymore.
NWilliams1

whymeman wrote:

NWilliams1 wrote:

That may have triggered the Bancho Anti-Spam. But seeing as you are able to talk in the chat, you should be fine now. Just report the PM spams if you keep getting them from the same person. Don't spazz out doing the same thing against the spammer otherwise, reporting it wouldn't make sense anymore.
About that.
Put me down for Ban evasion I guess.
I'm currently using a Virtual Private Network tunnel (PAID)
I'm just surprised that it triggered even though it was a PM
whymeman
Well, I don't see and records by it either (the ban was already up by the time you was asking in the chat). And I checked in-game and don't see anything so you should be okay.
awp
yeah it was a BBot auto-spam thing. If a message needs to be truncated, it's too long. I guess that even occurs for PMs.

Please, PM responsibly.
NWilliams1
Well if you see the log. I was replying. I do not think that pm's should cause this but.. its over.
cococococo_old
why my ban? i did nothing -.-
Shiro
Banned for one hour for repeated spam and very poor prior history. Just wait it out.
cococococo_old
repeted spam?? o.O
Mismagius

lol
awp
I felt like it. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.
peppy
Please only post in this thread to appeal IRC level bans for your own account. Account level bans can be followed up by email (osu@ppy.sh) by the account holder.
Bakario
what the what?
TBTE
Not completely sure what i did, pretty sure that i did it with the filter evade.

Also, i didn't ban evade so plz don't add hours onto this. ty.

How long

EDIT: i didn't read the dvorak thing. sowwies :|
Tamara_Less
Why am I banned and for how long?

Sakura

Ephemeral wrote:

dvorak EDIT: If you get banned, please wait 1hour then use this thread.
Your ban is for 1 hour and it's pointless to ask here as it will be over soon :<

You were banned for spamming i can tell you that
Mismagius

Sakura Hana wrote:

Where was she spamming? I think you should know "kkk" is a kind of BR laugh.
RageTH

Sakura Hana wrote:

...seriously? She wasn't doing anything. She only deserved a silence.
If what she did is worth a ban, then go ban me for a week or something.
Sakura

RageTH wrote:

Sakura Hana wrote:

...seriously? She wasn't doing anything. She only deserved a silence.
If what she did is worth a ban, then go ban me for a week or something.
Silenced previously for spamming, that should have been enough warning.
k4mm3r
Raging Bull
The report button would like a word with you.
eldnl
He is crying because luffy eat his #1
Luffy I love you !
Flanster

This issued today on my account.I dont remember doing that at all.I got proof aswell.Given the fact that I barely chatted.

I want a complete quote of my "unnecessary inappropriate, directed language" that I somehow spoke randomly while I was mapping.

and its even 10 minutes! Wow what special did I do to get this?

and why did someone delete YodaSnipe's post?

YodaSnipe wrote:

I've been on most of the time Lolicore's been on in the last two days, didn't see any inappropriate language.
Hamuko
10 minutes because it's the second infringement, I presume.
Bass
5 minutes - 10 minutes - 20 minutes - 1 hour - 2 hours... etc. Probably that's how it works.
Flanster
Okay I got that.Back to the problem at hand...
Bass
prove me please

E: Already resolved.
Natteke
From shiirn's profile:

From faust's profile:

Don't know if anyone else got silenced for this shit, posting here for great justice.

peppy wrote:

I disagree with the above silence reasons, and if you follow this up in the said thread we can work towards removing them.
peppy
The above should be reversed.
Lunah_old
after 10 silences a user can be permanently banned as it says.
so, moderators shoud be careful when silencing people, not random reasons :\
Darcyys
[attachment=0:4d9fc]ssssssssss.png[/attachment:4d9fc] me plz >.<
peppy
This is an automated silence. It means you were typing too many lines too fast. Try not to do this in the future :).
Lesjuh

I was not online at this time.
awp
but you aren't arguing that you made offensive jokes?
Lesjuh
I can't remember making any jokes that'd be offensive to anyone. If I did, I still want to know what it was that got me silenced.
djpleiades
Is there a full list of infringements so i can avoid something like this next time? I'd like a warning in chat at least first.

2011-10-22 18:37:46
SILENCE
5 minute(s) talking backwards

My trolling is limited to sarcasm and popular gaming catch phrases ("gg no rematch", or "Sour about that infringement").
Louis Cyphre
Haha, guys, before osu! i was sitting on russian fan site Final Fantasy Forever, you could get there 1 week ban for making useless message, and forever ban for saying filthy language even with stars of any kind :-D So these rules seem for me same like being in Heaven xD

Sakura Hana edit:

peppy wrote:

peppy EDIT: Please only post in this thread to appeal IRC level bans for your own account. Account level bans can be followed up via email (osu@ppy.sh) by the account holder.
And apparently you can't read either
show more