forum

Editor middle click

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Echo
I've been using Pro/ENGINEER for my CAD project and they use the middle click for selecting the pointer tool. I was thinking perhaps using the middle click as a general cancel/reset tool in the editor would be pretty useful.

When you have a different tool selected, middle click selects pointer
When placing sliders, middle click removes the slider you're currently placing
Middle click from timing (maybe sbe?) brings you back to compose

Usually I prefer this sort of shortcut on the keyboard (which I know already exists) but the editor is very mouse-based and having a shortcut on the mouse would be nice imo. Also, my hand tends to hover around the ctrl/shift/alt keys instead of 1234/qwer/f1f2f3f4

Could be used in SBE too, but I haven't used it much so not sure where it can be useful.
mm201
Accidental clicks could get annoying for those who scroll the wheel to move the timeline while placing notes, and those who want to see an unplaced note while they Alt+Scroll to change the Distance Snap interval.

Would need a toggle, and we all know what peppy thinks of toggles.
Topic Starter
Echo
How often do you accidentally click the middle mouse button when scrolling through webpages? I can count the number of times I've done that on one hand. I don't think a toggle is necessary
mm201
Enough. Happened a lot more on my old mouse. D=
Topic Starter
Echo
You should learn to mouse >.>
Ekaru

Echo wrote:

You should learn to mouse >.>
This.

Only time I've accidentally pressed the mouse wheel would be when spinning, and even then, only a few times, and I don't anymore. I just learned to spin.

Remember, you roll your finger across the mouse wheel; you don't push down on it. ><;

That said, this would be a nice shortcut.