forum

Notes using specific triggers. [Rejected] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EiJi
Thought about this the other day.

Here's one more way to provide beat mappers with more room to be creative.

It is just as it sounds. Mappers can make any note require it be pressed by a specific button--left or right. For these notes, the combo # will be replaced by a R or L, indicating which button must be pressed.

Perhaps this could all be optional, toggled on/off in options or something...just something to to give an extra challenge, even if it provides no additional bonus.
Cecilthemos
Not everyone uses the keyboard, and some people don't have a mouse with left and right buttons on it.
And it just doesn't sound like it'd make Osu! better, at least for me.
Saturos
I know it'd make it insanely confusing, at least for a while. Also, what would tablet users do? >>
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
I'm not sure about this one. I've thought about it before (mainly for my Taiko song map which is still incomplete), but is there really a point to this? It won't increase the difficulty by that much anyway, at least for me; I use either button at all times so I can get out of sticky situations if I get unlucky and miscount the beat or something.
chan
I think this would be pretty hard to implement into beatmaps with overlapping notes. You'd have to modify the approach circles maybe? I'm sure for some beatmaps this probably isn't feasible.