forum

Un-kudosable posts?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
When posting in the Pending/Help forums, I think you should have the option of making your post "un-kudosable", that is, specifying whether it's a mod post or not. This would stop kudosu being given for general "Great job!" posts (I've seen a lot of this), and also so if one wants to simply star (and not mod) a map that hasn't been posted on in a while, the 2 kudosu bonus wouldn't be wasted on that post.

What do you think?
mattyu007
Kusodu can be denied by BATs
Topic Starter
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
CheeseWarlock
But then that's counting on users to claim their posts as mod posts only when they are. Really, all this does is turn undeserved kudosu from a one-perpetrator crime to a two-perpetrator crime.
Topic Starter
0_o
I do agree that it won't completely solve the issue, but it will certainly cut back on it. I'm sure most people who post just for general approval don't expect kudosu for it. And even if they did try to get some out of it, again, BATs could still take it back, it's just this way they just don't have to do it as often.

And there's still the issue with "resetting" the 2 kudosu clock. There are several maps right now that I want to star, but I don't want to because I don't want to take the next modder's 2 kudosu bonus. Although this could be solved by making it so you don't have to post to star a map, but I'm guessing there's a reason for the way it is now..
awp
The suggestion isn't a step in the wrong direction. There's no harm in the implementation of it, if it's worth the effort.

Download: Choucho - Kawaru Mirai (TV Size) (Kenezz) [Ignacio's Insane].osu
vytalibus

awp wrote:

The suggestion isn't a step in the wrong direction. There's no harm in the implementation of it, if it's worth the effort.
Well said. I think this will make people realize the responsibility of knowing the difference between simple posting and modding, and honestly that option wouldn't hurt anyone on both sides.
An64fan
I think only the people who are concerned enough to go in and look to see that there's nothing wrong anywhere in the map are the only ones who are going to take the 1 second to such an option, and with that the case, they've probably provided some useful feedback about what could be fixed or changed (unless the map is absolutely perfect which is rather infrequent; usually there's something that can be mentioned).

In short, only the people who care to go in-depth into the map will go in-depth enough that they might use it now and again, though it will only be applied to a few of their posts. The opposite for those who don't go in deep.

I think, instead, it would be better to just report to a staff member when you feel that kudosu has been unjustly given or withheld. Fellow staff, we have one of these in the Lounge... Why don't we have a public topic? Certainly it may get a lot of clutter, but at least such posts would be pointed our way without us just happening to stumble across them. And we could edit to note that reported posts have been checked for abuse and that action has been taken to fix the issue.
awp

An64fan wrote:

I think, instead, it would be better to just report to a staff member when you feel that kudosu has been unjustly given or withheld. Fellow staff, we have one of these in the Lounge... Why don't we have a public topic?
Actually, I think an automated function would work better, similar to the "Report this post" option for offensive/inappropriate posts. Then some sort of moderation CPanel type page where BATs can view inappropriate kudosu awards rather than going through the entire unfiltered log.
ThePassingShadow
I don't personally see any reason for this. What reason does someone have to make their post unkudosable ? No one will use it.

If someone has unjustified kudosu, then that is the fault of the person giving the kudosu.
Topic Starter
0_o
I actually did suggest a kudosu reporting system on the initial kudosu news thread, but I think it just got lost in all the posts..

But yeah, I would be 100% if favour of a reporting feature. It just bugs me when I see kudosu being rewarded for posts like these:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9848&p=91494#p91494
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7841&p=76836#p76836

It would be nice to have a way of reporting these without PMs, because really, i don't want to be PMing a mod every time I see stuff like this, and I'm sure mods don't want that either ;)
Zatoichi
I gave his post kudosu! because at the time I kept forgetting about the map. I never would have finished it if not for him and his constant bugging.

Funny thing is no BATs would play the map so it eventually fell into the Graveyard despite having been completed for, what, two months? Oh well.

Oh, yeah, and stop giving a shit about the bonus kudosu!. If a map is done well and you want to give it a star, give it the star.
Topic Starter
0_o
bump

I think a kudosu reporting system would be the most effective solution here. Not only for posts that don't deserve kudosu but for old posts that do deserve it and didn't get any.
Jinxy

0_o wrote:

I do agree that it won't completely solve the issue, but it will certainly cut back on it. I'm sure most people who post just for general approval don't expect kudosu for it. And even if they did try to get some out of it, again, BATs could still take it back, it's just this way they just don't have to do it as often.

And there's still the issue with "resetting" the 2 kudosu clock. There are several maps right now that I want to star, but I don't want to because I don't want to take the next modder's 2 kudosu bonus. Although this could be solved by making it so you don't have to post to star a map, but I'm guessing there's a reason for the way it is now..

Yeah, I feel guilty removing the 2 kudosu bonus on a map :oops:

Why it should be added:
1. Unselfish modders can spare that kudosu for someone else.
2. A bump (by another person) wont suck as much for better modders.

Why it SHOULD NOT be added:
1. A waste of codes/forum space/something(i suck at advanced tech and crap.), if nobody bothers to tick/many selfish modders.
2. No one really cares about another kudosu, do they?

I wanted it in, but i ended up evening my thoughts instead... :|