Sakura
Oh cool it got bubbled, another map that i dont need to recheck now \o/
Zelos

Sakura Hana wrote:

Oh cool it got bubbled, another map that i dont need to recheck now \o/
Lazeh.
blissfulyoshi
Wondering if anyone could suffer from epilepsy from the sb... your choice
I would probably remove the lines with empty.png from the sb.

Easy:
For the ending combos, you need to keep your combos more consistent. For example, 01:05:437 (4) and 01:08:042 (1) both are at the start of a measure, but one has a new combo and one does not. 01:15:856 (3) has the same scenario. To be consistent with the chorus, I would give 01:05:437 (4) and 01:15:856 (3) new combos and remove teh new combo directly afterward.

Hard:
00:28:973 (1) - half speed was too much of a slowdown for me (esp since I don't think a slow slider is even needed here)

Insane:
00:35:647 (6,2) (nazi) - make these note not overlap because the 300 from 6 overlaps with 2 for a fair bit of time

Winber1's Insane: A lot of complaints about aesthetics, so feel free to ignore me if you really want to keep the map the way it is.
00:06:997 (1,2) - maybe rearrange like this: (makes 3 end exactly on 2's slider and does not intrude on the start of 2)
00:18:066 (4,5,6) - flip these vertically to avoid overlapping 00:16:927 (2)
00:46:554 (6,7,2) - don't like the overlap between these notes
00:49:810 (2) - have this end on the start of 6
I guess I'll stop complaining about aesthetics for now. If you want to fix more, comb through the rest of the map fixing the various overlaps.
01:02:833 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this set of jumps was sort of randomly placed and seemed only to be there for difficulty (don't see the song suggesting anything like this) (To make matters worse, the end of the song gets a lot easier, making this area stick out even more, even though the music is about the same)

Wmf's Taiko: I would remove all the lines with empty.png because they are not needed (I don't know what your plans for the thanks were, but I guess you can keep it.

==================

Not a bad map overall. I mostly only have complaints about Winber's diff, but it is tolerable. I am still undecided on what I should do with the map after the fixes, so fix up what you want and then contact me. I'll guarantee at least a rebubble by the end of it.
winber1

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Winber1's Insane: A lot of complaints about aesthetics, so feel free to ignore me if you really want to keep the map the way it is.
00:06:997 (1,2) - maybe rearrange like this: (makes 3 end exactly on 2's slider and does not intrude on the start of 2) sure
00:18:066 (4,5,6) - flip these vertically to avoid overlapping 00:16:927 (2) sure, but overlaps that are visible only in editor shouldn't be much of a problem... the previous note already disappears by then
00:46:554 (6,7,2) - don't like the overlap between these notes i'll just leave that as is
00:49:810 (2) - have this end on the start of 6 k
I guess I'll stop complaining about aesthetics for now. If you want to fix more, comb through the rest of the map fixing the various overlaps.
01:02:833 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this set of jumps was sort of randomly placed and seemed only to be there for difficulty (don't see the song suggesting anything like this) (To make matters worse, the end of the song gets a lot easier, making this area stick out even more, even though the music is about the same)i find this fun actually but that's just me. This pattern actually made a lot more sense before i changed the kiai time imo, since this part used to be much easier than the kiai time, and then the map slowly got easier. anyways, i just made it easier for now.
Download: Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (Short Ver.) (akrolsmir) [Winber1's Insane].osu
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Wondering if anyone could suffer from epilepsy from the sb... your choice I'll leave it out for now, unless someone strongly objects.
I would probably remove the lines with empty.png from the sb. Actually... they're used by Wmf's Taiko to force the background in front of the other stuff normally found in a taiko diff.

Easy:
For the ending combos, you need to keep your combos more consistent. For example, 01:05:437 (4) and 01:08:042 (1) both are at the start of a measure, but one has a new combo and one does not. 01:15:856 (3) has the same scenario. To be consistent with the chorus, I would give 01:05:437 (4) and 01:15:856 (3) new combos and remove teh new combo directly afterward. Good catch, fixed.

Hard:
00:28:973 (1) - half speed was too much of a slowdown for me (esp since I don't think a slow slider is even needed here) Changed to a full-speed wave slider.

Insane:
00:35:647 (6,2) (nazi) - make these note not overlap because the 300 from 6 overlaps with 2 for a fair bit of time Fixed

Wmf's Taiko: I would remove all the lines with empty.png because they are not needed (I don't know what your plans for the thanks were, but I guess you can keep it. Same note as above, these are needed to put the background in front.

==================

Not a bad map overall. I mostly only have complaints about Winber's diff, but it is tolerable. I am still undecided on what I should do with the map after the fixes, so fix up what you want and then contact me. I'll guarantee at least a rebubble by the end of it.
Thanks a lot, Yoshi! IRC feedback on my style was especially helpful too :D
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Insane:
00:36:787 (3) - make the slider go toward 4 to make the slider look less randomly placed? (No overlaps either)
Comment/Fix it, and I'll rebubble.
Fixed! I had thought about it while mapping this part but worried that it flowed awkwardly, but it appears it'll be fine.
blissfulyoshi
As promised, after way too long, rebubbled! (no need for kds for that really small thing)
Sakura
Hold on a minute why Winber1's Insane doesnt have any storyboard on it unlike the other difficulties?
ziin
because taiko.

I sense a new feature to aibat...
winber1

Sakura Hana wrote:

Hold on a minute why Winber1's Insane doesnt have any storyboard on it unlike the other difficulties?
lol wut, i didn' t even realize that until now.

if you want an updated version with sb... then i guess you can download it below:

Download: Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (Short Ver.) (akrolsmir) [Winber1's Insane].osu
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
Wow.

My theory is that everyone was too busy trying to pass the Kiai time to notice the SB (or lack thereof).

Thanks Sakura Hana for catching it, and winber1 for the fix!
Sakura
Alright, as i couldnt find any additional problems anyways, you can consider this Ranked and enjoyable, i love that Taiko BG btw <3
IkkiMinami
good luck 8-)
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

IkkiMinami wrote:

good luck 8-)
Thanks?

Shoutout to lots of nice people:
winber for being the first to mod + awesome guest diff (I can almost pass it now!)
ziin for the spectacular SB
BlissfulYoshi, Sakura Hana, and lolcubes for mods and rechecks without even my asking
OzzyOzrock
WAIT, WAS I WRONG

DON'T EMBARRASS ME IF I WAS WRONG
MoodyRPG
Congrats~
Nymph
yo congrats man!
Mercurial
After a lot of months of my mod... I must tell you :3

Congratz men! =D
winber1
woot gratz! :3