forum

ZUN - Candid Friend

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Doomsday
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 08 March 2010 at 22:30:12

Artist: ZUN
Title: Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Kappa ~ Candid Friend
Source: Mountain of Faith
Tags: Touhou Fuujinroku Nitori Kawashiro
BPM: 173
Filesize: 5042kb
Play Time: 02:22
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.54 stars, 232 notes)
  2. Lunatic (4.98 stars, 420 notes)
  3. Normal (3.11 stars, 161 notes)
Download: ZUN - Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Kappa ~ Candid Friend
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Nitori Kawashiro's theme from Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith

All done! Ready for modding

[EDIT]Remapped "Lunatic". Check this map's thread for the old Lunatic difficulty
[EDIT]Completed "Normal"
[EDIT]Fixed James2250's suggestions on all difficulties
[EDIT]Fixed Breeze's suggestions on all difficulties
[EDIT]Added preview point
[EDIT]Changed Title to "Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Kappa ~ Candid Friend"
[EDIT]Fixed Lybydose's suggestions on all difficulties
[EDIT]Fixed An64fan's suggestions on all difficulties
[EDIT]Removed unused .osb files
[EDIT]Added Hard difficulty
Randy96
Lunatic
01:20:033 (2,3,4) - is the 3 supposed to be slightly to the left on this?

Good map, but since it's still a WIP, no star for now. :)
Topic Starter
Doomsday

Randy96 wrote:

Lunatic
01:20:033 (2,3,4) - is the 3 supposed to be slightly to the left on this?

Good map, but since it's still a WIP, no star for now. :)
Thanks for the small mod, but unfortunately I decided to remap Lunatic, since I thought I could map it better. Heres the old Lunatic for those who want it.

Download: ZUN - Candid Friend (Doomsday93) [Lunatic (old)].osu

Also, what this should be called is "Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Kappa ~ Candid Friend", but when I change the name of it, it says its not submitted and would be uploaded seperately to this, so to be on the safe side I'll leave it as this until i know how to change the name of this, or someone with power changes it for me
Topic Starter
Doomsday
All mapping is done! Ready for mods (forgot to post this earlier)
James2250
Need preview points

Normal:
lower hp drain by 1?
01:19:838 (2) - I didnt like the clap here might want to put it on the end of 1 then add a clap to 3? (up to you)
01:45:763 (1) - start on white tick

Lunatic:
looks nice :)

*star*
Breeze
2 diff. map, I'd love it :3
Ok, mod start~

[General]
  1. set a preview time, maybe 43422 or 127699
[Normal]
  1. all timing section has 22ms off, have you ever changed offset but not change timing section all?
  2. 00:30:763 (4) - this one is hard to read it's 1/2 to the end of slider, almost would think is 1 beat,anyway, it's not a big deal
[Lunatic]
  1. Great job
What a beautiful world
have a star!
Topic Starter
Doomsday

James2250 wrote:

Need preview points Yeah, I should've done that eariler.

Normal:
lower hp drain by 1? mmm...ok
01:19:838 (2) - I didnt like the clap here might want to put it on the end of 1 then add a clap to 3? (up to you) Actually it was supposed to be on the end of (1). I just misplaced it. fixed
01:45:763 (1) - start on white tick done

Lunatic:
looks nice :)

*star* :>

Breeze wrote:

2 diff. map, I'd love it :3
Ok, mod start~

[General]
  1. set a preview time, maybe 43422 or 127699 43422 sounds good
[Normal]
  1. all timing section has 22ms off, have you ever changed offset but not change timing section all? That was because I changed the offset after I added the timing sections. They still work fine, so i will leave them
  2. 00:30:763 (4) - this one is hard to read it's 1/2 to the end of slider, almost would think is 1 beat,anyway, it's not a big deal I don't remember putting that beat there. I've deleted that beat and made the slider 1/2 longer
[Lunatic]
  1. Great job
What a beautiful world
have a star! <3
Mystearica
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Doomsday
Ah. Forgot to actually set the preview points. orz

Done
Lybydose

Doomsday93 wrote:

Also, what this should be called is "Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Kappa ~ Candid Friend", but when I change the name of it, it says its not submitted and would be uploaded seperately to this, so to be on the safe side I'll leave it as this until i know how to change the name of this, or someone with power changes it for me
Did you try doing a full submission? It's working for me and letting me change the name of This Song for example.

Also, resnap your kiai sections. The other ones won't matter.

Offset might be a bit late? I keep getting around 15ms early mistimed hits in test mode.

Normal

01:06:312 (1,2) - Spacing is slightly inconsistent here
01:45:849 (1) - Reduce spinner length by 1/4

alignment suggestions:

01:06:312 (1) - Align endpoint with the fading 2? Actually it would probably be better to move the 2 so that it's on top of the endpoint.
02:13:942 (1) - Same thing with the fading 3

Lunatic

00:33:884 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - This stack is hard to read because the approach circles all appear under the life bar
Topic Starter
Doomsday

Lybydose wrote:

Doomsday93 wrote:

Did you try doing a full submission? It's working for me and letting me change the name of This Song for example. Ah. I didn't notice that full submitting lets you change the artists/titles of maps, especially since it says it right next to the Full Submit button. :?

Also, resnap your kiai sections. The other ones won't matter. Done

Offset might be a bit late? I keep getting around 15ms early mistimed hits in test mode. Im not sure. It sounds off to me with -15 offset.

Normal

01:06:312 (1,2) - Spacing is slightly inconsistent here It doesn't look inconsistent to me. It's a little crooked, but it seems fine spacing wise. I've straightened it out anyway since it looks better to me that way.
01:45:849 (1) - Reduce spinner length by 1/4 Done

alignment suggestions:

01:06:312 (1) - Align endpoint with the fading 2? Actually it would probably be better to move the 2 so that it's on top of the endpoint. Nope. If I do that the end of the slider will be lower than the start, and would look odd to me
02:13:942 (1) - Same thing with the fading 3 No

Lunatic

00:33:884 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - This stack is hard to read because the approach circles all appear under the life bar Lowered it a bit. Should be fine now
Lybydose
Normal

00:02:851 (1) - not snapped

01:06:312 (1,2) - by this I mean the distance between 1 and 2 is about half the distance between 2 and 3, despite being the same time distance. You have a similar combo at 00:45:502 (1,2,3,4) that's spaced normally.
Cyril Scarlet
ヾ(≧∇≦*)
Topic Starter
Doomsday

Lybydose wrote:

Normal

00:02:851 (1) - not snapped fixed

01:06:312 (1,2) - by this I mean the distance between 1 and 2 is about half the distance between 2 and 3, despite being the same time distance. You have a similar combo at 00:45:502 (1,2,3,4) that's spaced normally. Oh right. I was looking at the wrong thing entirely. That definately isn't right. fixed
Gabi
offset -10 plays perfect.

nice map
Tanmak
:oops:
Lybydose
I suppose
Zekira
Well this is... incredibly amusing. Checking the offset.

At the current one that it is, if you listen to it in the editor it sounds like an extraordinarily timed offset (using my timing skin it sounded perfect). But when you play it on Test, it suddenly gives you marks of like, 15ms early.

I tried Gabi's suggestion of -10, and it came just a little too early. Then I tried getting my own offset.

In conclusion, this is what I got:

Offset: 2830 (-4 from current)

It took me like testing all of the 3 offsets mentioned above 3 times (so I tested the map 9 times, I can probably FLH Normal now lololol), and 2830 gave me the least problems (highest mistimed hits was only 3%, and I even got a 0% on one of the runs)

Not popping bubble because of this very minor change (though usually I would, but I think Doomsday93 can get to it in time)
Topic Starter
Doomsday
2,830 works well enough. Since its 3 to 1 i guess it must be off :p.

2,830 works better than my old one anyway. Fixed
Lybydose
Normal

00:02:830 (1) - This slider sure doesn't like getting resnapped
Topic Starter
Doomsday

Lybydose wrote:

00:02:830 (1) - This slider sure doesn't like getting resnapped
It sure doesn't. fixed.
An64fan
Normal/The sliders felt a bit fast at first, but it's not bad and it looks clean.
Normal/01:24:853 (3) - I think this is the only half-beat I saw in the whole map. I'm just pointing this out for the sake of difficulty continuity. It just seems out of place. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt too much if you either took it out or put in a few more.
Lunatic/How the drums were handled felt a little awkward in a couple places, but for the most part it wasn't too bad.
Lunatic/02:14:968 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - These jumps felt a little too big imo, especially considering the nature of the beats here. Generally, previous jumps in the map didn't bother me too much.
Difficulties/I would honestly like to see a hard. The difficulty jump between Normal and Lunatic is rather steep, so another difficulty to help bridge the gap would be worth consideration.
General/I honestly don't think the silent sliders suit this. The only thing I could think of that silent sliders would suit would probably be something with a silent background, and this is not the case.

Enjoyed play-testing, and everything looks clean in the editor. I like it. :D
Topic Starter
Doomsday

An64fan wrote:

Normal/The sliders felt a bit fast at first, but it's not bad and it looks clean.
Normal/01:24:853 (3) - I think this is the only half-beat I saw in the whole map. I'm just pointing this out for the sake of difficulty continuity. It just seems out of place. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt too much if you either took it out or put in a few more. I've removed that half-beat
Lunatic/How the drums were handled felt a little awkward in a couple places, but for the most part it wasn't too bad.
Lunatic/02:14:968 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - These jumps felt a little too big imo, especially considering the nature of the beats here. Generally, previous jumps in the map didn't bother me too much. I've changed it slightly. Its still pretty nasty, but I don't think it is as hard as it was before though.
Difficulties/I would honestly like to see a hard. The difficulty jump between Normal and Lunatic is rather steep, so another difficulty to help bridge the gap would be worth consideration. I would, but since this map is already P-bubbled, I don't want to add another difficulty to break that.
General/I honestly don't think the silent sliders suit this. The only thing I could think of that silent sliders would suit would probably be something with a silent background, and this is not the case. I've never really liked the slider slide sounds, so I tend to mute them in almost all of my maps due to personal taste.

Enjoyed play-testing, and everything looks clean in the editor. I like it. :D <3
v2b
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
AngelHoney
All
change All timing points 8ms ?!

Lunatic

01:32:483 (1,2) - move to 01:32:396 ?
01:45:835 (1) - end at 01:46:789 and 01:46:876,01:47:916 add spinner ?
01:50:257 (1) - remove new combo and 01:50:344 (2) - new combo ?
02:23:379 - add a note ?
02:23:465 - ^
02:23:725 - ^
02:23:812 - ^
02:24:072 - ^

Normal

00:29:882 (3) - end at 00:30:575 and 00:30:749 - add a note ?

Star~ :) :)
Topic Starter
Doomsday

AngelHoney wrote:

All
change All timing points 8ms ?! Done

Lunatic

01:32:483 (1,2) - move to 01:32:396 ? nope
01:45:835 (1) - end at 01:46:789 and 01:46:876,01:47:916 add spinner ? Nope. I don't like short spinners like that.
01:50:257 (1) - remove new combo and 01:50:344 (2) - new combo ? I've removed that combo, but I've put a new combo on 01:49:997 instead
02:23:379 - add a note ? No
02:23:465 - ^ ^
02:23:725 - ^ ^
02:23:812 - ^ ^
02:24:072 - ^ ^

Normal

00:29:882 (3) - end at 00:30:575 and 00:30:749 - add a note ? nope. I don't want to add anymore half-beat notes

Star~ :) :) <3
Xgor
[All difficulties]
Remove Touhou and Fuujinroku from tags because they are in source and add Kawashiro (After Nitori) to tags

[Normal]
00:53:812 (1,2) - (Suggestion) Make these sliders 1 white tick long with one repeat arrow
02:01:442 (1,2) - ^
02:18:090 (1,2) - ^

Great diff :)

[Insane]
It feels like this diff should end at 02:26:413 instead of 02:24:332 but that's maybe just me :P

Great map :)
Well worth a star!
*star*
Topic Starter
Doomsday

Xgor wrote:

[All difficulties]
Remove Touhou and Fuujinroku from tags because they are in source and add Kawashiro (After Nitori) to tags Done. added "Mountain of Faith" to the source instead

[Normal]
00:53:812 (1,2) - (Suggestion) Make these sliders 1 white tick long with one repeat arrow Nope. It goes along with the song better this way imo
02:01:442 (1,2) - ^ ^
02:18:090 (1,2) - ^ ^

Great diff :)

[Insane]
It feels like this diff should end at 02:26:413 instead of 02:24:332 but that's maybe just me :P It could do, but I think its best to end it at 2:24

Great map :)
Well worth a star! <3
*star*
Tonoko
Topic Starter
Doomsday

Tonoko wrote:

[normal]

02:14:968 (2,3,4) - finish hitsound is...little awkward. Maybe (2,3) whistle and (4) finish I prefer it how it is. I rarely use whistles anyway.
02:22:251 (1,2,3,4) - ^ Maybe (1,2,3) whistle and (4) finish ^

[LUN]
01:00:055 remove the finish? because at 01:04:217 & 01:16:702 have no finish Nope. That finish is to emphasize the start of the chorus.
01:26:066 add finish like 01:25:026 nope.
02:04:564 (5,6,1) - maybe you should reset the combo Hmm, ok. done

^.^ STAR <3
Starrodkirby86
;p
daigurren
very nice map :)
Gens
So, I decided to give a look at the oldest pubble, and everything is pretty much awesome. But it turns out the .osb file is still there. I don't know if you should pop it just yet though, better wait for a BAT to get ready to rank it once that's done, since I couldn't find anything else. Someone told me it can get ranked with that in, is that right? As far as I know it's unrankable.

Anyways, you have my star.
abalee

peppy wrote:

1. No unused/unnecessary files in the package
James
i think offset needs something like -6 to -10...
Topic Starter
Doomsday
As for the .osb, I was going with Gens's advice and waiting for a BAT to notice before I fixed it. done

James wrote:

i think offset needs something like -6 to -10...
I disagree. I think it could use +4 personally, but im not sure if my UO is just off (even though I only fixed it recently. Thats why I'm not trusting my own timing just yet.)
Larto
Normal:
00:05:604 (2,3) - Move to the middle more, as it looks a bit odd with the spinner after it.

Also, I'd like to see a Hard difficulty, being easier then Lunatic and harder than Normal for a good difficulty spread.
Topic Starter
Doomsday
All done. Hard added
Dotsu
Can I make a difficultly for you? :)
Zekira

impossiblexu wrote:

Uh, I think it's been sitting too long in pending. Plus, Doomsday's diffs. are already awesome :)

Wait, I only now found out that there's a Hard lol...
Topic Starter
Doomsday

impossiblexu wrote:

Sorry, but I don't want to add any more difficulties. I'm happy as it is. Thanks for offering though :)
Larto
=3
Gens

abalee wrote:

peppy wrote:

1. No unused/unnecessary files in the package
orz, so I was right :)
(that "someone" was a BAT btw, so that's why I was unsure)
abalee
Should be fine now.