forum

Alexander Rybak - Fairytale

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mianki
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 7. joulukuuta 2010 at 15:33:07

Artist: Alexander Rybak
Title: Fairytale
Source: Eurovision Song Contest 2009
Tags: Matma Rex
BPM: 108
Filesize: 3780kb
Play Time: 02:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2,05 stars, 130 notes)
  2. Hard (4,34 stars, 309 notes)
  3. Matma Rex's Normal (3,3 stars, 187 notes)
Download: Alexander Rybak - Fairytale
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
4th map, this was pretty fun to do :P
This is the winner song of Eurovision Song Contest 2009. Kinda catchy isn't it?
And congratz Norway :)

It took a bit over year and a half to get this ranked >.<
Hanyuu
Good map :P plays fun and sounds good :)
Lokamp
As I previously said, this map is already PERFECT! Star'd.
roleykatsu
I still can't believe that the preformance from Sweden - La Voix, did not win the Eurovision contest. :cry:

But anyway, nice job. :)
Dean
Good map Mianki, didn't notice any problems.
Mukku
Way to go! Normal is done like it should be and I love those streams in hard (Propably becouse I can actaully pass them this time)

Have a deserved star :d
CrazyBanana
Very good map;] i like this song. stared
Topic Starter
Mianki
Bump~
xlivesforever
catchy tune and intelligenly made lol this is freakin great lol
aRiskOfRain
My heart exploded when I saw this, sooooo....

Normal:

I teared. Epic ending, epic middle, great beginning!

Hard:

Oh, and it was going so well. *sob* Only joking, of course. But...

0:43 - Why? WHHYYYY? One spinner only here please? In an Insane map, perhaps. But please not here.
2:20 - Can I say I love these little squiggles?! Love these.
At the end, those double notes, could you make those threes like earlier in the map? That would be awsome.

And finally. If this map doesn't get approved and ranked, quit. It's so brilliantly done, that if the mods don't see it's brilliantness on first sight, then nothing ever will. Seriosly. Plus,star.
Topic Starter
Mianki

DiamondCrash wrote:

My heart exploded when I saw this, sooooo....

Normal:

I teared. Epic ending, epic middle, great beginning!

Hard:

Oh, and it was going so well. *sob* Only joking, of course. But...

0:43 - Why? WHHYYYY? One spinner only here please? In an Insane map, perhaps. But please not here. Um, I think they're not too hard for Hard difficulty, so I'll keep 'em
2:20 - Can I say I love these little squiggles?! Love these. Thanks^^
At the end, those double notes, could you make those threes like earlier in the map? That would be awsome. You mean the distance snapping? I like it more when they're a bit more away from each other :P

And finally. If this map doesn't get approved and ranked, quit. It's so brilliantly done, that if the mods don't see it's brilliantness on first sight, then nothing ever will. Seriosly. Plus,star. Yeah, I WILL quit if this doesn't get ranked :D
Bump~
Matma Rex
Okay, serious modding time. BTW, I really like this map and song too.

If I finish something with '?', it's a suggestion which even I am not sure about.

[Overall]
* First of all, find better background picture. This one has shitty quality. Many photos are here, but site blocks right-click - disable JavaScript first, then copy. And my favs (and big size): http://g.zebra.lt/SCANPIX/geg14_alexand ... ja_AFP.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3297/364 ... edc0_o.jpg
* Place timing section chages before first note they affect. If player click note too early, he may get wrong hitsound.
* I love your use of triplets and hitsounds.
* Clear "Source" box, it's not needed.

[Normal]
00:21:59 (6) - I missed this circle. IMO it should be there, he says 'youn' on end of 5 and 'ger' on 7.
01:11:87 (1,2,3,4) - maybe remove those notes and extend break?
01:21:87 (7) - remove repeat.
01:22:98 (1,2,3) - weird stack.
02:57:71 (1) - move it to 02:57:431 (white tick).

[Hard]
01:12:15 (1,2,3,4) - maybe remove those notes and extend break?
02:17:99 (1), 02:20:21 (8) - weird.
02:31:32 (1) - I dont like it, it is too "thick" and it's eays to lose focus and break combo on it.
02:57:71 (1) - move it to 02:57:431 (white tick).

Star.

Also, let me make a difficulty, please please please.
Topic Starter
Mianki
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Matma Rex
M'kay, I can get over some things.

My answers to your answers:

Mianki wrote:

Matma Rex wrote:

[Easy]
01:11:87 (1,2,3,4) - maybe remove those notes and extend break? Meh, I know it isn't exatly like the song, but wanted to add something there Blah, it's completely off. My sister (not-so-pro-osu-gamer-and-mapper; nick mileczka51, if you care) also thinks so.
02:57:71 (1) - move it to 02:57:431 (white tick). It's a bit too early? Sounds nicer to me that there's only one circle to finish the song It's off. It's wrong. Seriously, move this circle, or at least add another there. Or maybe remove it, whatever, but do something.

[Hard]
01:12:15 (1,2,3,4) - maybe remove those notes and extend break? Explained in Normal As above.
02:31:32 (1) - I dont like it, it is too "thick" and it's eays to lose focus and break combo on it. Yeah, I know it isn't the prettiest slider you've seen. I never lose combo on that and neither did my half-noob-osu-buddy-beatmap-tester. So... Get over it I like "fuzzy" sliders before on this map, but this one is too thick. Maybe change it just little bit? :)
02:57:71 (1) - move it to 02:57:431 (white tick).Explained earlier As above.

Also, let me make a difficulty, please please please. You can try :P Okay, it's half-done right now. I'll finish it later today or tomorrow.
Matma Rex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (Mianki) [Matma Rex's Not-So-Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Mianki
Thanks for your difficulty

Sorry for being stubborn Matma Rex, but I'm keeping the map as it is now. I see nothing wrong with the first after break circles and with the final circle. It doesn't make much difference if I change them. EXCEPT, I'll think about changing the thick slider, too tired for that now. But thanks for your opinion and for bringing this up :P
Aqua
Topic Starter
Mianki
Matma Rex
heintsi
show more