forum

J.A. Seazer - Angel creation, namely light

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AgentSieg
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on lunes, 09 de marzo de 2009 at 23:56:13

Artist: J.A. Seazer
Title: Angel creation, namely light
Source: Revolutionary Girl Utena
Tags: Shoujo Kakumei Utena Revolutionary Girl Utena Juri
BPM: 156
Filesize: 24422kb
Play Time: 02:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4,71 stars, 267 notes)
  2. Normal (3,58 stars, 131 notes)
Download: J.A. Seazer - Angel creation, namely light
Download: J.A. Seazer - Angel creation, namely light (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Duelist Music from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Juri's duel to be precise.
I'm not sure if to consider the harder difficulty hard or insane due to the climax section (which is pretty tough).

Also, decided to throw in some eyecandy for good measure.

Can't really say too much more about it. Enjoy it.

Thanks to all those who helped me with the customizing of the map. Larto, your stuff was great.
Aeon
there was probably some error during your upload when i open you map i cant even play it(no mp3) and i see a gigantic spinner on both dificulties so reupload please
Topic Starter
AgentSieg
Thanks for the warning. I reuploaded the file so try again now.
I think the reason was the filename of the mp3 was still in japanese so it got corrupted. It should be fix'd now.
Aeon
the mp3 name remains the same.... so when i try to open your beatmap now i get an error sayinf could not open audio file sucessfully

your mp3 name is this: 10 ôVÄgænæóéÀé╚éÝé┐î§.mp3 change to J.A. Seazer - Angel creation, namely light.mp3

in your . osu file the name is correct but the mp3 name inst
Topic Starter
AgentSieg
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Aeon
Topic Starter
AgentSieg
Aeon
ok here is the 1st mod....

not 100% accurate but i think
bmp:77,90

try it out and see if its good

also try slider tick rate 2
Topic Starter
AgentSieg
First of all:
Thanks for looking into it. After all we went through some trouble to make it downloadable to begin with.

About your suggestions:
Sorry, but I disagree. That BPM desynchs after some time and is basically halving it down. Try listening to it towards the end and at a slower speed. It just doesn't work.

Setting the Slider Tick Rate to 2 also doesn't really change the map significantly except for the combo count. If there was a sound feedback which made me feel it fit better I'd adopt it but I don't think it's needed (it probably would if I changed the BPM to 75,9 but as I said, that BPM sounds worse like the one I have right now).

Still, thanks for your suggestions, but I'll have to politely decline them.
Aeon
yes it does tend to miss hit but i think the correct bmp is arround that... but you can get someone else to check your bpm

the tick rate was just to follow rhythm

jjust as a reference ( no saying your wrong) most musics dont over over 120 bpm.... to my ears that song is too slow to have 156 bpm

edit:
since this is instrumental bpm is never exactly right so.... probably another timing section but im not sure if we should do this in the 1st place anyway
Topic Starter
AgentSieg
>Most musics don't over over 120 BPM
Do you mean that most songs don't go over 120BPM?
Sorry, but that's not the case (especially on osu). That's your opinion, not a fact. Also, the BPM speed you're suggesting is half the one I have already so effectively what you are suggesting is just to change the speed people have to react to the hitcircles, not the actual speed of the beatmap.

You also suggest making timing sections. If so, suggest where as I haven't seen any problems with the current offset and BPM.

>since this is instrumental bpm
No, this BPM setting is based on the background beats not on the instrumental beats. The beatmap is based around the chorus, which, along with the rest of the music, follows the background beat for speed and tempo.

Effectively, you're suggesting I should redo the map around a BPM which doesn't even fit the song on your personal taste rather than because the existing one doesn't fit to the music or the existing one produces gameplay and design problems.

What I'm asking you is: Does the current BPM make the map unplayable? Does the new one make it unplayable? Is there any difference between both except for your personal tastes? Does the current Timing provoke an inherently bad placing of Beats because the BPM are off?
Aeon
Does the current BPM make the map unplayable?
no
Does the new one make it unplayable?
no, just might need adjustments
Is there any difference between both except for your personal tastes?
NOT my personal taste i try to be as imparcial as possible.. let me explain there are 2 beats 1 and 2 i consider number 2 as a sub-beat if you understand me and number 1 as the primary beat... thats from where my bpm comes.... if you timed EVERY single beat of a music bpms would go sky high

background beats not on the instrumental beats
the instrumental beats ARE the background beats.......

Timing provoke an inherently bad placing of Beats because the BPM are off?
didnt check beat placement.... since i was correcting bpm

this argument is going too far already what i said was a SUGESTION, also i said bpm wasnt 100% accurate... if you dont think my sugestion wasnt fit keep it the way it is and if you are correct no one else will complain

side comment
for my map yoko kanno-ghost in the shell i timed in the same way of thinking you did and later on someone came and sugested a diferent bpm ( about half if im not mistaken)... but lets not get ahead of ourselfs you have plenty of ranked maps... lets wait and see what happens hope your right and im am wrong
Topic Starter
AgentSieg
Maybe language is being a barrier here as none of us is a native english speaker.

What I'm just saying is that even if it worked to improve your own it doesn't mean it'll work on mine. Especially if I feel the new speed is worse than the existing one.
Aeon
right :) thats what i said, just trying to make a point... well! ill check the rest of the beatmap now that this matter is settled
Topic Starter
AgentSieg
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mikhe
A mi me parece que está perfecto para ser rankeado, buen ritmo, parece facil de seguir la canción. Podrías ponerle algun cambio de timing para dificultarlo, pero por lo demás parece estar bien.
(Con cambio de timing me refiero, zonas con los sliders más rápidos o lentos; no te puedo decir ninguna zona concreta porque eso va con los gustos)

Saludos :D

STAR!!!!

I think it's good to be ranked, well rhythm, it seems easy to follow the song. You could put a change of timing to make it more difficult, but it's fine.
(With change of timing, I'm thinking change the velocity of sliders (faster or slower))

Bye :D
Topic Starter
AgentSieg
I'm not a fan of sliders which change speed at will. Still, thanks for your comment.

No soy un fan de sliders de velocidades aleatorias. Aún así agradezco el comentario.
AdvanceBoy
Larto
Okay, you better get a custom approachcircle/hitcircleoverlay/spinnermetre, oh wait, I made you some.

^Overlay and approachcircle

^metre

Also, adjusted Offset to 14.285

Add the graphics and bubble~
Topic Starter
AgentSieg
Done!
Thanks!

nyoro~n
show more