posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
awp
08/26/08
Environment: USUAL+
osu!: b361.test

Notes "stack" in between spinners (ie For the case of center-note, spinner, center-note, spinner, center-note, spinner, center-note etc., only the last note will actually be in the center of the playfield because the others will have stacked)

peppy

awp wrote:

Notes "stack" in between spinners (ie For the case of center-note, spinner, center-note, spinner, center-note, spinner, center-note etc., only the last note will actually be in the center of the playfield because the others will have stacked)
Correct behaviour
Topic Starter
awp

peppy wrote:

Correct behaviour
=(

09/26/08
Environment: Doesn't matter
osu!: Doesn't matter

WEB/BSS: Maps uploaded with the "[ ]" characters in them break the BBcode in the page created. Might have to parse for them and replace them with ()s or {}s or something.
Topic Starter
awp
09/10/08
Environment: USUAL+
osu!: b365.test

When disconnecting from Bancho while being spectated, list of spectators is not affected. Thanks to my shitty internet and Hitoshirenu's boredom, I was being spectated by her six times (and kingcobra52 once) for the majority of my play session today.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot019-0.png cough stalker cough

Replays with Taiko mod ignore blue hits. You can fullcombo a map in game, but blue hits (and thusly spinners) will not clear during the replay.
Topic Starter
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
awp
09/28/08
Environment: Web
osu!: no

New Beatmap Listing page is a php error code dump if the listing has been deleted rather than a "This beatmap no longer exists!" page.
Echo

awp wrote:

New Beatmap Listing page is a php error code dump if the listing has been deleted rather than a "This beatmap no longer exists!" page.
Fixed.
Topic Starter
awp
Unlocking because lol resolved bugs automove ;____; but still if people post in this thread I will delete their posts because I'm a nazi

My dates are all fucked up
Environment: Web
osu!: no

New Beatmap Listing page is a php error if the beatmap you're trying to look at has special ascii (eg Chinese) characters.

eg: 3. 寒è‰Galgame_MAD - Nachu☆Nachu - pokedigi

Okay the gibberish is supposed to be special ascii but you get the idea
Topic Starter
awp
Blah blah blah

Play Mode > Single > Select song you do not want, delete song (tested on a single-difficulty map).

Song remains "selected" though no music plays. If the map needed updating, that update prompt remains, clicking it gives an in-game error message "can not retrieve download data".
Topic Starter
awp
Dust, dust, dust.

b483.test

The "Online Users" and "Show Chat" buttons appear over-top the skip button in maps with storyboarded outros.

Additionally, when osu! reports a storyboard scripting error in DirectX mode*, an additional "Illegal Microsoft .NET operation" type dialog appears with the options "Details", "Continue" and "Quit". Quit causes osu! to crash; Continue allows continued use of osu!, but Red-X-on-a-white-screens are common when anything is faded to a black screen (eg menu hopping) or a dialog is freshly closed (such as the "Revert to last saved?" window).

*I have only found this error by opening the editor, and reverting to last saved with a broken storyboard. When opening a map with a broken storyboard things are business as usual, and it's not until you perform a revert that the bug happens.

The Details button contains the following:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at #sd.#lf.#5F()
at #ee.#Re.Draw(GameTime )
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Paint(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameWindow.OnPaint()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameWindow.mainForm_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
osu!
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/osu/osu!.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
osu
CodeBase: file:///C:/osu/osu.DLL
Microsoft.Xna.Framework
Win32 Version: 1.1.10405.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/osu/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.DLL
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.1433
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.1433
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.1433_x-ww_5cf844d2/msvcm80.dll
Microsoft.Ink
Assembly Version: 1.7.2600.2180
Win32 Version: 1.7.2600.2181
CodeBase: file:///C:/osu/Microsoft.Ink.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
{bb48c323-6a50-412b-a87b-911dea665824}
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/osu/osu!.exe

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Topic Starter
awp
Stumbled upon this one by sheer luck, so I don't know how NEW of a bug this is but

b498.test - Editor framerate slows down as beatmap length increases. In Parapara Edit mode, I'll get 60fps at the start of the map, but as it goes on (or I hop bookmarks) framerate drops as low as 20.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
awp
b506.test

Instructions: Edit mode. Slider option. Click once to place head, right click immediately after, then move mouse around. Result:

http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot45.png

may cause discomfort in the genital region.
peppy
Fixed in latest test.
Topic Starter
awp
Topic Starter
awp
b535.test

Right clicking a song in the EDIT MODE Song List menu brings up the Beatmap options menu, but clicking the cancel button results in opening the song for editing, as if the user double-clicked instead of single-clicked, if the right half of the cancel button is clicked. Doesn't seem to happen in Play mode though.
kokoro_old
help me, please..

windows vista + Microsoft .NET Framework + FFDShow =

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Адресат вызова создал исключение. ---> System.NullReferenceException: В экземпляре объекта не задана ссылка на объект.
в #Od.#Vd.#u.#tf.#N7()
--- Конец трассировки внутреннего стека исключений ---
в System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
в System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
в System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
в System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
в #ee.#Re.Update(GameTime )
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
в #ee.#de.#5z()
peppy
Wrong thread. Also this has been answered quite a few times. Either get your internet working (disable firewall/internet security) or wait for the next public release.
Topic Starter
awp
If I relock my thread I'm afraid it'll move again ;____;
Topic Starter
awp
b: 596b.test

Regarding my almost-abandoned "Ooparts" beatmap that I'll be submitting shortly: There is a storyboard to this map, but osu! is often overwriting all the numeric values to 0s. When I copy the .osb backup into the song's root directory, the SB will not load when I reload the map/play the song etc. - it will only appear when I save the map from within the editor. When opening up the map in the design panel, I see what I'd expect to see - the image list on the right, the buttons on the left, whether or not the SB has been "reloaded". If the sprites are invisible, I can still click them and their file names appear, but no box around them until I save the map and have them reappear. Also, fun little tidbit: the sprite library looks a little something like this:

http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot050-0.jpg

But there are two things that can't be portrayed in that screenshot. For starters, there is no "1.png" file. (Actually, my bad, you CAN see that it doesn't exist based on the screenshot, but I digress.) Two, 1.png is animated - it is displaying sprites 11.png to 17.png at approximately 6 fps there in the bottom right of the library.

I'll upload the map so you can check it out.

viewtopic.php?t=9967

In case it's worth mentioning: this SB was made via scripting, not the SBE.
Topic Starter
awp
b607.test

A couple little editor things I've neglected to mention until now.

1 - BBcode inside BSS is still messed up eg [b] will become [b:2906j] or something weird like that.
2 - if you set your playback rate to 0.25x, then open a new difficulty and hit spacebar, it'll play at 0.25x for half a second and then jump up to 1.0x playback rate, but the slider in the bottom right will say it's at 0.25x.
Topic Starter
awp
b607.test even though I've updated since my last b607.test

Deprecated files persist when using Standard Submission. I don't know if this counts as a bug, but here's what went down, and kudos to Metroid for pointing it out.

I made a little storyboard for something in Straight to Video once the maps were done and uploaded it. Then I went, "oh shit, that should be difficulty specific!" and set the appropriate flags. osu! went "oh okay, this .osb is no longer needed then, so I'll delete it" and it deleted the osb. But when I did a standard submission, the .osb wasn't taken out of the .osz, so people who downloaded the map still saw the SB on the difficulties it wasn't supposed to be in.

Again, not sure if this counts as a bug or just user mis-use, but it was a simple mistake and might not be too tough to fix - then again, when that newfangled Single Submission thing comes in we won't have to worry about any of this.
peppy
Yeah you need a full submission for that atm.
Topic Starter
awp
Topic Starter
awp
b# kind of irrelevant, this occurs on public, too:

DawnIi just pointed this out to me and I went and verified:

SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0 is no longer respected by osu!, in neither test nor public build. =(
peppy
Topic Starter
awp
ty <3 here's a couple more

b607.test (I haven't updated yet =x)

BSS: having colons in the file/difficulty name can invite disaster - namely, smiley faces. If a difficulty name has a :) in it or something, the map will not upload correctly (no mp3).

BSS-sorta: When uploading a map, the "BSS (Beatmap Submission System)" dialog window has click-through. For example, on an 800x600 screen, without changing window location, if I click the checkbox for "Receive email yatta yatta" I'll join #chinese. Doesn't seem to affect the player labels, just the channel tabs.
Topic Starter
awp
b622a.test

http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot051-2.jpg

During editor test map, (I had autoplay on) I deactivated osu!'s focus by minimizing and messing around in firefox. The map ended, and when it went back to editor, it didn't resize properly. I can replicate it, too. I can fix the screen by simply going into test mode again.
Topic Starter
awp
b628.test

Can't search for songs in Play/Edit Song viewer.
Topic Starter
awp
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at #ee.#Re.#mC(Int32 , Int32 )

at #ee.#Re.#mC()

at #ee.#Re.#TC()

at #ee.#Re.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()

at #ee.#de.#5z()

I'm on that build you sent me. 643; that private tablet build one. Happens when Fullscreen = 1
Topic Starter
awp
b651.test

Xs are not considered in storyboard layer switching. eg: If you 300 a combo but don't hit the last note at all, you will be on the passing layer. If you flat out stop playing, you won't drop to the failing layer until you hit another note.
Topic Starter
awp
peppy

awp wrote:

b652.test

In the Timing window in the editor, none of the arrow buttons are responsive except for the "Slider Tick Rate" buttons (up/down arrows).
fixed
Topic Starter
awp
b657.test

Spinners on auto-play end audibly later than they should (by maybe 100-200ms).
peppy
Topic Starter
awp
I am testing on awpmomcomp right now, which runs vista home (premium I think)

Funny thing, I actually check that thread before posting in this one. I'm guessing it was vyt's spinner lag post.

b657.test

A couple UO/tutorial related bugs: the tutorial automatically downloads itself when going into the UO module but will fail to import the beatmap and will just constantly retry the "Importing tutorial..." thing.

After the song plays through once, the bars that the song ticks to stop showing up.

Also you're going to hate me but awpbad.mp3 came back.

I'm assuming Test Bancho is down. However, if I try to connect to it, I can no longer see F8/F9 at all. I need to close and re-launch osu to get chat available again.