Osudealer
My Favorite Song ;)
:Ouendan 1-Thrill
:Ouendan 2- Bambina
:Elite Beat Agents-Survivor
Lichatte
My favorite songs are (If someone cares):

Ouendan 1: Ready, Steady, Go!
Ouendan 2: Samurai Blue, Music Hour, Seki Wa Sore wo Ai to Yobundaze (wow, too many favorites)
EBA: Survivor

But I really like more songs, they're all pretty good.
TraceTheKriken
My favourite songs
OTO1: Ready Steady Go (I have't played OTO but this is only song i've heared)
OTO2: Bambina, Samurai Blue, COUNTDOWN
EBA: Jumpin' Jack Flash, The Anthem, Without a Fight

I have big problem in EBA; in The Anthem stage (Sweatin' and Hard ROCK!) I just can't complete the spinner in the end of the stage (It's always so close), only 5% of the times I have tried I completed it. Any help for this?
Addisunn
My Favorites

Ouendan-Nearly All Songs
Moero Nekketsu Rythem Damashi(or Ouendan 2)-Nearly All Songs
EBA-Half of the songs
:D
djyellow22
Eh, might as well.

Favorite songs
Ouendan- Never played it but maybe ready Steady GO?

Elite Beat Agents: Survivor, You're the inspiration, Jumpin Jack Flash, Without a Fight, Makes no difference

Ouendan 2:Music Hour, Bang! Bang! Vacances!, VISTA and Sekai wa Sore o Ai to Yobundaze
Sumea
too much osu made me able to do one thing last time:

I got my DS back, for nostalgia value I wanted to play Ouendan 2, but had no old saves...

In 3 days I had the games highest rank, with three songs FC'd at hard rock with hidden, rest of all the game's songs full comboed on all difficulties (Except easy what I do not even touch) - And only two like shounen heart at A rank, rest on S rank...

Such nice game... But Shortly after stopped playing again.

and then come back to osu and see all these "Osu standard insane maps" with just stupid death jumps over the map and stuff like "making maps without distance snap is cool" - makes me really remember why iNIS designers earned their buck.
Behon
K2J
That's pretty cool. Not as cool as an actual iNiS-made Micheal Jackson game, but still cool.
oddysea682
has anyone noticed in EBA any graphic glitches like mild slow downs and like a section of the screen kinda moving?
TraceTheKriken

oddysea682 wrote:

has anyone noticed in EBA any graphic glitches like mild slow downs and like a section of the screen kinda moving?
Yeah, I have noticed that many times. But it's not that annoying because it doesn't happen very often
Torran

oddysea682 wrote:

The only thing I notice is screen tearing on the top screen. I don't experience slow downs and it's normal for the screen to move around.
oddysea682

soradg123 wrote:

oddysea682 wrote:

The only thing I notice is screen tearing on the top screen. I don't experience slow downs and it's normal for the screen to move around.
well not like during multi player more like a corner of the screen having to move down and causing like a black border where it was. its rare but wierd. also I wanna try Ouendan 1 and 2 but I dunno where to buy the game(s) in stores in the USA, and ive never boughten anything online
Behon
Cross posting from my ModNation post in the PS3 topic:

LuigiHann

Behonkiss wrote:

Awesome
Last Remaining2
Ouendan1-One Night Carnival
EBA-You're the Inspiration
Ouendan2-Zoku

Ive been reading the post here and it seems that alot of people have trouble playing on insane and any of the 3 games. Me and a friend played these games for hours and hours and cam now FC all songs. Im still trying to get S on Survivor...
Torran
oddysea682

soradg123 wrote:

thats the story line of Ouendan's Koi No Dance site! i find that song catchy
Torran
mm201
AAHHH!! iNiOverlap makes small children cry

Thank you--this confirms my hypothesis that Ouendan z-orders based solely on circle number.
[DG2L]YungYeezy
EBA Favs:
September
Rock This Town
Makes No Difference
La La
YMCA
Survivor

Would It be awesome if iNiS created EBA2 with the same qualities as Osu! minus taiko (I seriously don't know how that would work)
Behon

This thing has no shame. Hitcircles, sliders and spinners are all there. Hopefully it's fun.
LuigiHann

Behonkiss wrote:

This thing has no shame. Hitcircles, sliders and spinners are all there. Hopefully it's fun.
yaaaaaay
mm201
Not nearly as advanced as even the original Ouendan engine. The hitbursts are still frames and they forgot to texture the followpoint quads.

...and if Reggie will license this, why not another EBA? :(
TraceTheKriken

I think this game is a bad idea:
1. It's not by iNiS, so they propably stole the idea from EBA
2. If you ask me, it's not very good idea to put only Michael Jackson's songs
3. It doesn't have the same good things that EBA and Ouendan had, dancers and storyboard (it might have Michael Jackson dancing in top screen but without the storyboard it's nothing
4. It's also on wii. I made a topic to language specific forum and asked if it is good idea to EBA/Ouendan styled game on wii, Most people didn't like the idea (because it's difficult to hit circles with wii remote
LuigiHann
The version on Wii isn't an EBA clone. That bit is DS exclusive. On other systems it's more of a real-like move-yourself dance game with motion controls.

I'm sure the DS version is going to be pretty bland and unimpressive but it'll still be neat to have another chance to play such a game on a real DS.

MetalMario201 wrote:

...and if Reggie will license this, why not another EBA? :(
I'm sure you're just joking around, but the reason there's no EBA 2 isn't because Nintendo won't "license" one, it's because Nintendo doesn't want to put the investment into commissioning its development and then publishing it. This MJ game is obviously being developed and published by a third party, so it's free money for Nintendo to license it for the system
K2J
iNiS said they were done with the Ouendan/EBA style games as well, IIRC.
Derekku

K2J wrote:

...what? since when? o.o
K2J
I think it was m980 who told me that.
m980

K2J wrote:

I think it was m980 who told me that.
Wtf?
TraceTheKriken

K2J wrote:

noooooooo... :(
I want more oto/eba games
K2J
Ok, maybe it wasn't you? I'm pretty sure someone reliable said it at one point.
Derekku
If an Ouendan 3 isn't made I'll be VERY upset. ):
LuigiHann
At some point when iNiS was working on Lips, they did an interview with somebody and when they discussed their history, they referred to the EBA/Ouendan games as part of a previous "era" of their history. I'm trying to find that interview but I can't right now. It didn't seem so much like "we'll never make one again," just more of a "that's not something we're thinking about much anymore." If Nintendo asked them to do another one, they probably would, but it doesn't seem super likely anytime soon. Maybe for the 3DS though, who knows
K2J
That was it. Someone had mentioned that interview.
LuigiHann
Yeah that would have been me, presumably
Behon
If that's the case, they need to hurry up and end the Lips era of their history, too, and make something truly original again.
TraceTheKriken
Yeah, I think they should make next EBA game than Ouendan. I like japanese music more than other music but I can't get Ouendan games cuz I don't live in japan and my parents won't let me buy it from web store... :(
That's why I want next EBA game.

But if they anyway make next Ouendan I'd like to see some Maximum the Hormones music (maby Kawakita Saruin of Nitori BB Sensou. they aren't that heavy as most of the other songs)
awp

Behonkiss wrote:

If that's the case, they need to hurry up and end the Lips era of their history, too, and make something truly original again.
by "something truly original again" do you mean something they've already done before (ie EBA/OTO) or something actually original again like what EBA/OTO was at the time of its inception
LuigiHann

awp wrote:

Behonkiss wrote:

by "something truly original again" do you mean something they've already done before (ie EBA/OTO) or something actually original again like what EBA/OTO was at the time of its inception
Well I would say that any given EBA/OTO game is substantially more original than any karaoke game, due to the fact that new stories, characters, and charts with some degree of authorship are involved, versus simply including a bunch of songs in there and transcribing the lyrics and pitch.

But yeah, at this point I'd just as happily see them create a new character-driven rhythm game with a new interface
Firo Prochainezo
Bought EBA the other day and I already unlocked all 3 bonus cases and finished with Chieftain. The final song was a real challenge. :|
show more