forum

[invalid] Combo Fire each 500 combos.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
SecksyJennie
I'd thought about this 6 months ago but I hope this will be a good idea.
Everyone that has a Combo Fire enabled and passed the '499' Combo number they've noticed it turned into Blue.
I'd thought of each 500 combo it'll change color.
For example: 1000 - Green Fire Combo, 1500 - White Fire Combo, 2000 - Purple Fire Combo and so on..
Please consider this feature to improve the gameplay while getting to the 'higher' combos.
~SecksyJennie.
Remco32
The hottest flame is a blue flame. That's why it changes. Changing it in these colours sounds silly.
Topic Starter
SecksyJennie

Remco32 wrote:

The hottest flame is a blue flame. That's why it changes. Changing it in these colours sounds silly.
Well I didn't mean these specific colors. But adding each 500 combo a new color to the Combo Fire sounds cool for me.
Torran
Please keep in mind how a flame changes color in the real world. The only way a flame could ever burn those colors are with elements burning in it. A good idea would be having the flame gradually change into a blue flame as the combo increases above 500 or so. Or just something like this:
30 - Red flame
<500 - Red flame increases in height
>=500 - Red flame completely engulfs the screen/Begin changing into blue flame
2000 - Completely blue flame

Also, Science Rules!
Topic Starter
SecksyJennie

soradg123 wrote:

Please keep in mind how a flame changes color in the real world. The only way a flame could ever burn those colors are with elements burning in it. A good idea would be having the flame gradually change into a blue flame as the combo increases above 500 or so. Or just something like this:
30 - Red Flame
<500 - Red Flame increases in height
>=500 - Begin changing into blue flame

Also, Science Rules!
That is true. But if you think of it Flames can be in green too.
Remco32

soradg123 wrote:

30 - Red flame
<500 - Red flame increases in height
>=500 - Red flame completely engulfs the screen/Begin changing into blue flame

Also, Science Rules!
How often do you get a 2000 combo?
Doesn't the flame stop growing at 300 combo or so? What about letting it begin changing in a blue flame from that point, ending at 500 combo?
Torran

Remco32 wrote:

How often do you get a 2000 combo?
Doesn't the flame stop growing at 300 combo or so? What about letting it begin changing in a blue flame from that point, ending at 500 combo?
It was simply a concept. I would, of course, prefer Ouendan's behavior over everything.
Gens

soradg123 wrote:

I would, of course, prefer Ouendan's behavior over everything.
The whole screen covered? That would be... crazy. @_@
I agree the fire colour changes too... sudden (makes me feel nervous sometimes). A gradual effect would be nice.
Topic Starter
SecksyJennie
^
Torran
^
yourMoonstone
I love that it turns blue at 500, and makes sense, but to counter everything the hottest flame is white. Even then, why does it matter what color it turns? It's not real life. Male cheerleaders saving the world through their dancing skills doesn't happen, and it's all in fun.

I'm all for the idea. Combo Fire is a great indicator of my progress since I rarely find time to check out the counter at the bottom. Preferably a gradual change would be best on the eyes as soradg pointed out.
Derekku
I see no reason for it to change after 500 since combos usually don't go higher than like... 600/700 (unless it's a marathon map). A gradual change to blue might be okay, but I really don't have much of an opinion since I don't play with fire on. :X
Kitsunemimi

LordMoonstone wrote:

the hottest flame is white
It goes to white then blue. Just look at the stars.
anonymous_old
I like the suggestion in the OP except maybe green. Green I think would be distracting.
Aoitenshi
Well, I think I'll not support this, but i think Just change the Flame color a little by little, when 400 combo, it changes color a little by little as combo increase, why I suggest this?

when i got to 500 combo, it turns to blue suddenly, and that makes me shock, And the combo ended up in 501, I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!
ShaggoN
Awesome idea SecksyJennie. :D You got my support.
Topic Starter
SecksyJennie

LordMoonstone wrote:

I love that it turns blue at 500, and makes sense, but to counter everything the hottest flame is white. Even then, why does it matter what color it turns? It's not real life. Male cheerleaders saving the world through their dancing skills doesn't happen, and it's all in fun.

I'm all for the idea. Combo Fire is a great indicator of my progress since I rarely find time to check out the counter at the bottom. Preferably a gradual change would be best on the eyes as soradg pointed out.
^

Aoitenshi wrote:

Well, I think I'll not support this, but i think Just change the Flame color a little by little, when 400 combo, it changes color a little by little as combo increase, why I suggest this?

when i got to 500 combo, it turns to blue suddenly, and that makes me shock, And the combo ended up in 501, I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!
It used to happen to me but you get used to it..

ShaggoN wrote:

Awesome idea SecksyJennie. :D You got my support.
Thanks<3 I hope it'll happen. ^-^
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Azure_Kite

peppy wrote:

The current fire is horrible, after all.
It is? I quite like it. As for drawing flames, I'm terrible at that. But a slower transition to blue rather than a snap to blue would be nice. As for other colors, I sort of support this idea.
Topic Starter
SecksyJennie

peppy wrote:

I want to change combo fire to a sprite based animation before any other changes. Until someone helps me draw some awesome fire nothing will happen. The current fire is horrible, after all.
Okay the current fire is horrible, that's part true, I still like it but I'm bored of it.
and I respect your decision ;]
show more