Player3: Darksonic Confirmed
--------------------------
Back-up Player1: Salvage Confirmed
Back-up Player2: Glazbom Confirmed

Time zone: GMT-3

Team's Pet

FullFr0z

Female Cheerleaders

Mikumiku97, agussdg, KaoruEvans, ReMx, Vandalika.

Male Cheerleaders

Posse, -batt0, demodemo001, Fullback, grisuh, Hazenkain, Hernan, Jougan, lota78, Luffy, Masha-, nhazgul, Pwnt, RockNRolla, Stille, tenchology, theProdigy, Wawix, xsaturosx.

Plus:

1- I still have to talk with pretty much every team member but I'm sure we all are able to play. (Edited already)
2- Even when I haven't talked with anyone but Metro from that roster (edit: look at the ones Confirmed), I'm sure nobody from this team's gonna play if we got to play those qually again like last year. Which besides the fact that they were a disaster and many players couldn't attend, it was all about people who can't even clear insanes wasting our time (no offense). The team's gonna be the one I posted for sure and if there is anyone else from our country willing to make a team, we would gladly play against them to see which team should represent our country.
I'm always asking myself why are u so gay posting on forum? :)

Question: Can we change our members after sign-up period?
Lunah_old

nVidi4x wrote:

Question: Can we change our members after sign-up period?
Sure.
Oh, I read "before", after the sign-up period you'll not be able to change your players.
Auto
It‘s so good:)
Ijah_old
I hope an English team forms D:
Sander-Don
OWC 2 :>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> how exciting.
Rey Fullbuster
can you add another staff of 2nd OWC from a BAT/GMT?
Vpalach
So, the rule, where players can't join team unless they have proper country flag, still exists?

nvm, found the answer
Suimya
so when this owt will take on~? o3o
Metro

-Sekai- wrote:

so when this owt will take on~? o3o

fartownik wrote:

The Cup will start in the day of 21st November.
l2read.
Topic Starter
fartownik

r3yn41d0 wrote:

can you another staff of 2nd OWC from a BAT/GMT?
Not sure what you're talking about, but I can add that there will be more staff members and at least one of them will be a GMT/BAT member (we already have a few people more to help, but we we will list them all when we complete the gather).

Vpalach wrote:

So, the rule, where players can't join team unless they have proper country flag, is still exist?
It does exist, but can be got around in special cases. An example of JesusYamato playing for France would be good here. Belgium doesn't have any more good and active players apart from him, so he can't form up a team which might be not fair. He also speaks French and is an active member of the community of that country.
Rey Fullbuster

fartownik wrote:

r3yn41d0 wrote:

can you another staff of 2nd OWC from a BAT/GMT?
Not sure what you're talking about, but I can add that there will be more staff members and at least one of them will be a GMT/BAT member (we already have a few people more to help, but we we will list them all when we complete the gather).
sorry forgot writing "add". because im typing so fast lol :)
KRZY

lepidopodus wrote:

You know, previous OWC was ok until the final...
I wouldn't agree, that makes it seem like everything was okay except the final.

Anyways, my best wishes to the Korean squad that may or may not form for this competition. I trust them to make us proud.
Ijah_old
Oh, one question, are there guidelines of what skill level users must be when entering?
Neruell
Did I miss something or what are the "seeds" and "unseeds"? I mean i did read the post but how are they formed? Who will decide which one is which?
nVidi4x
Country name: Chile
Captain: nVidi4x
Player1: Mesita
Player2: Ignacio
Player3: Art-FzTT
Back-up Player1: b1choO
Back-up Player2: b4ss_

Time zone: GMT-3 (might be GMT-4 in summer)
kriers

Neruell wrote:

Did i miss something or what are the "seeds" and "unseeds"? I mean i did read the post but how are they formed? Who will decide which one is which?
I've been wondering about this too. I guess it's more of a matter when all teams have been signed up

nVidi4x wrote:

Country name: Chile
Captain: nVidi4x
Player1: Mesita
Player2: Ignacio
Player3: Art-FzTT

Time zone: GMT-3 (might be GMT-4 in summer)
Strong team x_ x
xsrsbsns

Neruell wrote:

Did i miss something or what are the "seeds" and "unseeds"? I mean i did read the post but how are they formed? Who will decide which one is which?
The countries will be chosen by the tournament staff.
which doesn't sound too legit.
Blacky
If its possible I would like to join the german Team. Switzerland hasn't got enough... good players. And they aren't very activ. So if it's ok, I would like to join the germans :).
Neruell

Blacky wrote:

If its possible I would like to join the german Team. Switzerland hasn't got enough... good players. And they aren't very activ. So if it's ok, I would like to join the germans :).
+

Same question about Austria, last owc they were so few that they formed an other german team, can it be done again? (unless austria doesn't want/have enough ppl for their own team)
creativ_old
Country name: Portugal
Captain: Mikutard
Player1: Makkura
Player2: Maraiga
Player3: Jonnythatjonny

Back-up Player1: Pereira006
Back-up Player2:

Time-Zone: Gmt +0 / Gmt -1
Topic Starter
fartownik

Neruell wrote:

Did I miss something or what are the "seeds" and "unseeds"? I mean i did read the post but how are they formed? Who will decide which one is which?
The tournament staff will decide which of the signed-up teams will be seeded and unseeded. Our judgment will be based on the skill of certain players.

If you think your team is skilled enough it won't matter if it's in the group of seeded or unseeded. I just wanted to avoid the face of best countries in 1st stage, which ruins all the fun.

Our judgment might be a little subjective and not accurate, but what's the accurate way to judge something like skill? We'll do the best we can to judge fair.

Blacky wrote:

Seems like Switzerland really has no active players. If Germany let you to the team, you're allowed to play for them. This is a special case and it's not a permission for everyone joining not their country teams.

Neruell wrote:

Same question about Austria, last owc they were so few that they formed an other german team, can it be done again? (unless austria doesn't want/have enough ppl for their own team)
I believe they have enough of skilled players to form a team by themselves.
Also Germany has plenty of people to play and you don't really need to gather people from other countries. It's of course your call, if Blacky wants to play for you, you can add him.
Neruell

fartownik wrote:

Neruell wrote:

I believe they have enough of skilled players to form a team by themselves.
Also Germany has plenty of people to play and you don't really need to gather people from other countries. It's of course your call, if Blacky wants to play for you, you can add him.
No, I mean last year there were 2 german teams, and one of it was half german half austrian because they didn't have enough ppl to form their own team. Yes germany has enough people, it had even too many people who wanted to play and austria didn't have enough for even a full 4 player team that's why they were merged into "german" team. Same question again, if austria doens't get enough people, can german ppl particiapte in it? Or can we form a second german team with them as players?

P.S. This is just a curiosity from my side, so this question is not based on facts, but just in case if this happens again.
Luvdic
Why not just a team composed of minorities? Like Austria + Switerland + Belgium + any other?
Neruell
Well that is kinda actually what I am asking just compared to owc1 it was made with germany + others...
Topic Starter
fartownik

Neruell wrote:

No, I mean last year there were 2 german teams, and one of it was half german half austrian because they didn't have enough ppl to form their own team. Yes germany has enough people, it had even too many people who wanted to play and austria didn't have enough for even a full 4 player team that's why they were merged into "german" team. Same question again, if austria doens't get enough people, can german ppl particiapte in it? Or can we form a second german team with them as players?

P.S. This is just a curiosity from my side, so this question is not based on facts, but just in case if this happens again.
Yes, there will be a possibility like this, but only for 1 player from Germany. The majority must stay on the Austria side.
This is the worst scenario of course.

ErufenRito wrote:

Why not just a team composed of minorities? Like Austria + Switerland + Belgium + any other?
I guess it'd only work for countries with extremely small base of players. I'd prefer to keep the origin of how all of the World Cups work and worked.
XPJ38
Cyclohexane
^Get the fuck out, please.
fabriciorby
Here we go

Country name: Brazil
Captain: fabriciorby
Player1: Blue Dragon
Player2: Caco
Player3: antsu
Back-up Player1: Fumi-chan
Back-up Player2: K3nsh1n_H1mur4

GMT -3/ GMT -2

PS: It may suffer some alteration, ok?
Metro

fabriciorby wrote:

Here we go

Country name: Brazil
Captain: fabriciorby
Player1: Blue Dragon
Player2: Caco
Player3: antsu
Back-up Player1: Fumi-chan
Back-up Player2: K3nsh1n_H1mur4

GMT -3/ GMT -2

PS: It may suffer some alteration, ok?
Fumi-chan the next Cookiezi.
Lybydose
blah blah seeding whatever blah blah
If it's "no fun" that the best teams have to face each other round one, I'd say it's even less fun for a less skilled team to immediately face the best team and get knocked out of the tournament. It sucks to play in a tournament and never actually get to play anyone around your skill level to make for interesting games.

If the "best teams" eliminating each other really early is such a problem, why not use a different tournament system such as something involving pools, double elimination, or swiss pairings?
YodaSnipe
^ well said, though I've never heard of swiss pairings. (googles it :D)
mancuso_JM_
COME ON!! ARGENTINA and CHILE :D
Metro

Lybydose wrote:

blah blah seeding whatever blah blah
If it's "no fun" that the best teams have to face each other round one, I'd say it's even less fun for a less skilled team to immediately face the best team and get knocked out of the tournament. It sucks to play in a tournament and never actually get to play anyone around your skill level to make for interesting games.

If the "best teams" eliminating each other really early is such a problem, why not use a different tournament system such as something involving pools, double elimination, or swiss pairings?
imo groups of 4 countries. top 2 go to the next stage which is a double elimination bracket. this is almost standard for big tournaments.
Wishy
Plus you get 8 groups so you can "seed" 8 pro teams, each in one group, and then the other 3 teams can actually face each other fairly without having to surrender even before playing.

This would make the OWC a week longer at most but I think it's worth it, so every team can play at least 3 matches.
Lybydose
Swiss pairings are used in M:tG tournaments (actually it's "modified" swiss, but I don't know the difference). Here's how it works:

8 teams = 3 rounds
9 - 16 teams = 4 rounds
17 - 32 teams = 5 rounds
...etc

All teams play every round (unless they want to drop out early).

Round 1 pairs everyone randomly with another team. Teams that win their match get 1 point, losers get 0 points.
Round 2 and on pairs each team with another random team that has the same number of points. Basically after round 1, you'll always be playing a team that's doing just as well (or as bad) as you.

After however many rounds, Top 8 teams play an elimination bracket.

This type of tournament is generally best suited for large tournaments though, since it lets you play out a 1024 player tournament in just 10 rounds, and lets you continue to double player numbers with just one additional round per doubling. This is probably why M:tG tournaments use it (in addition to the fact that it lets everyone play every round). A pool-based system with the "top teams" seeded to be in separate pools would probably be better for something smaller like this.
YodaSnipe
Metro and Wishy22 have very good ideas/points there. Hopefully they don't get ignored, or at least hopefully they have good reasons not to host it this way, and actually tell us what those reasons are :D
Wishy
Actually I have talked a bit with fartowik (a few PMs) and he isn't the kind of guy who's going around ignoring everyone and doing how he pleases, so I'm sure he's gonna read what we posted.
Rey Fullbuster
and 1 more question, will dvorak became the streamer of the 2nd osu! world cup,when the tournament is official ?
Wishy
And yeah I am a pain in the ass. But I seriously suggest you get active somewhat skilled players at the very least to suggest you what maps to pick for the tournament, or at least pick them yourself + ask if they're ok with some players. Please don't get 5/6 BATs that don't even play this game to choose bad maps like they did last time. Honestly you can be osu!'s staff and a great BAT but if you don't really play the game you have no idea what maps are really fun to play/liked.
lepidopodus

Wishy22 wrote:

you get active somewhat skilled players
Getting some nice professional players to participate can be a nice idea...

Wishy22 wrote:

pick them yourself + ask if they're ok with some players..
...but well, just asking some players around is somewhat dangerous since the map list can be easly leaked before releasing. So we might be able to set some kind of advisor board before starting this tournament...?
show more