forum

Mind Game Mafia 2 (Killer Win!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
If you want in as a replacement, PM me.

As I said before, this game type is the one I'm going to keep doing. I will not be hosting any other games but these until nobody else wants to host a game.

Make sure to read the stories!

This is a game within a game. Each Mind game mafia will have one or two hidden win conditions, which when triggered will end the game with a win for those who triggered it. The roles will vary between being normal, or being specifically setup for the win condition.

The first game consisted of 9 Ordinary Townies, who were told they were Bulletproof Serial Killers. The game ended with everyone partially winning, thanks to the help of one of the players.

At the request of players, here's a definition of "Sanity" for this game.

Sanity determines if a player knows his role exactally or not. Same as in the case of an Insane Cop, who believes they are a regular cop. However, in this game your real role may have nothing to do with your known role.

New note: As people seem to be confused about this. If a player has a majority of people voting him at any point, the day ends with a lynch automatically.

Note 2: Roleplaying makes it a bit harder in mafia, please don't. I will roleplay the day's lynching for you. If you have a specific death in mind for when you're lynched, PM me. I might go with it.

Note 3: Please take this game seriously. It's hard for it to be played properly if you don't.

Final Note: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page this wiki is from a typo dedicated to hosting mafia games. If you have questions about mafia play, the wiki here can help.

Final Note 2: There are no "items" or simmilar purposes. There are no notes you can send after death. If your role doesn't say it's an ability that you can do, you can't do it. Other than role abilities, you can talk in this thread and you can vote.

If you want to play, post here with /in. We'll start when we have 9. Please read the rules.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's going on?

Attempt 2

You have been given a Lie Detector to use as a group. It's known that only one of you is sane. However, the Lie detector won't work on obvious comments. Think outside the box to figure out who is killing people, and cure them.

To use the Lie detector, you will vote for a post to Lie Detect. If the post is within the capabilities of the Lie Detector, it will tell you True or False.

If the Lie Detector is used on a comment that it won't work on, it will break down and stop working for that day. That means one use per day, regardless of if it works or not.

Instead of Lynching, you will be giving people medicine. The medicine will kill a target who isn't the killer, though. You only have three vials.

Although he won't know it, the Killer will win if the town runs out of medicine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.::] Alive [::.
4. animask
5. foulcoon
6. rust45

Replacement Spots - Will be used if needed.
A. Haneii
B.
C.
D.

.::] Dead [::.
10. No Cure was used Day 1. / "The killer is aware that they are the killer." Is false.
7. Index-san - Roleblocker (Killed N1)
10. No Cure was used Day 2. / "Someone other than rust45 targeted Index-San on night 1." Is true.
9. bmin11 - Doctor (Killed N2)
1. Quaraezha Haneii - Quack Doctor ("Cured" D3) / "The killer has an "a" in their username." Is Bananas.
8. akrolsmir - Flavor Cop (Killed N3)
3. Rantai - Soul Driver ("Cured" D4) / "I (Rantai) targetted Index-san night 1." Is a repeating message."
2. pieguy1372 - Vote Theif (Killed N4)

.::] The Setup [::.

It consists of any combination of roles the mod chooses, sometimes having to do with the hidden win condition.

Every player in this game will have received a Role PM. They will look like something.

All roles are either on the mafiascum wiki, or mentioned in the previous games. If for some reason your role isn't, consider yourself lucky or blind, and then PM me for an explanation.

.::] Rules [::.
General

1. Unless otherwise stated in your Role PM, this game takes place in this thread only - do not discuss it anywhere else. Doing so will get you modkilled or immediately replaced, depending on the severity of the offence. (This is important for mafia games.)

2. Do not quote any PM, part or whole, you receive from the Mod. This includes fake or erroneous quoting. Breaking this rule will get you modkilled. However, you may claim any role you please, and explain the powers in any way you please.

3. If you believe I've made an error as the mod, send me a PM. Please do not post about such things in the thread. If you have anything else you need me to read or address, post something like this - "Mod: You're the best."

4. A player who is modkilled will lose the game, regardless of whether their team mates eventually win.

5. Omitted.

Voting, Lynching and Deaths

6. Any voting action must be bolded - Vote: destructor, etc.

7. You may vote to end the day without a lynch by voting No Lynch.

8. Voting is back to the normal system.

9. A lynch occurs when a player has an absolute majority of votes on them.

10. At deadline, the player with the most votes is lynched. In the event of a draw, the player who had the most votes before being tied will be lynched.

11. Once a lynch occurs the Day is considered to be over. Please, please, PLEASE do not post again until the next Day begins, especially if you are the player who was just lynched. (I accept talking beforehand as long as I haven't posted the lynch scene yet.)

12. On death, a player's role will be revealed.

13. A modkill may end the day, depending on the host's decision.

14. Once a player is dead, they cannot contribute any more to the game. They are not to post anything. (I'll accept a simple Bah! or Go Town!)

Activity

15. Please treat this game as a commitment.

16. Day one has a length of 5 IRL days. Each consecutive day's deadline is cut short by a day, unless a No Lynch is called for or the host sees signifigant activity. There are only a few reasons why I would extend one (such as replacing players).

17. If a player has not posted in 24 hours, I will prod them if requested to do so. That is, it's up to you to ask me to prod a certain player.

17b. Don't make me prod someone. As in, post once every 24 hours. If you have nothing to say, say "I'm here." I will be much more strict with prods than normal.

18. Prods must be responded to in thread.

19. A player who doesn't respond to their prod will be replaced or modkilled.

20. If you are going to be unable to post for over 24 hours, leave me a note in thread. As long as I am personally given notice, you will not be prodded.

Conduct

21. Be courteous and respectful to your fellow players.

22. Blatantly antisocial and offensive behaviour or personal attacks will be grounds for replacement at my own discretion.

23. Finally, Mafia is for fun, so enjoy yourself.

24. If you've noticed I've missed something, feel free to ask me about it.

25. I reserve the right to change these rules.
Quaraezha
/in
pieguyn
/in :?

I figured the other game was just about over, which is why I didn't replace >.< it seemed to me like it had been figured out. I wonder what will happen in this game...
Rantai
/in

More pain for the simple minded.
Wojjan
We all know what happens with lie detectors.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

Wojjan wrote:

We all know what happens with lie detectors.
They detect Lies.

Or not.
Sleep Powder
/in

for the lulz
foulcoon
/in

why not
rust45
This concept does interest me.

/in
SYSEN
/in
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Adding to the main post: If the Lie Detector is used on a comment that it won't work on, it will break down and stop working for that day.

Clarifying: You only get one use of the Lie Detector per day, regardless.
akrolsmir
Er, can I get /in? Never played a forum mafia game before but I've been lurking on mafiascum and here.
bmin11
eh I'll give it a shot
/in
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Game won't start until Sunday, since I'm not home and the roles are on a notepad on my other computer. Roles will be sent out late sunday.
foulcoon
Should have started it now while I have nothing better to do! lol
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

foulcoon wrote:

Should have started it now while I have nothing better to do! lol
I really want to, but these mind games are kinda complex and I can't do anything without my notes. :(
akrolsmir
Google docs is your friend?
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

akrolsmir wrote:

Google docs is your friend?
I should, shouldn't I? I might start storing stuff.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Delayed until tomorrow due to unforseen circumstances.
Rantai
Confirmed.
show more