forum

Yuko Matsutani - Urusei Yatsura - Lum no Love Song (TV Edit)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
foulcoon
This song is so quiet its hard to tell where the timing gets off. This is what I came up with

BPM: 180 / Offset: 745
BPM: 180 / Offset: 54,455

You might have to adjust your inherited sections to make sure the hitsounds are correct.

Not much to say about the actual mapping. Just make sure all beats are snapped to the right tick when you resnap after changing timing.

Oh I almost forgot to mention:
00:53:74 (1) - this might not be the exact timing of the note, place it where you see fit, because this is right when the offset changes.
Topic Starter
Derekku
Ahh, that's MUCH better. Thanks, again! The ending still feels a little slow, so I'll try adding another timing section there.
Lum Moroboshi
<3
Introbulus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86
Topic Starter
Derekku

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Finally you uploaded a map...
Hehe, yeah. Maybe I'll finish it in the next few days if I'm not too lazy. :(

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I will say though, the BPM analyzer popped out with 90.59, which is basically 181.18 where you are at...Perhaps you should consider this when correcting the time?
I think when I tried something like 181, it was too fast, but that might have been before I fixed the offsets. I'll try it again and see if it works any better.

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

00:57:12 (2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - Too many Finishes. :o
Yeah, I couldn't decide if I liked them or not. XD I'll see about removing at least a few of them. ;)

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

The song is pretty empty in itself...perhaps you can find a video to this? But that can be unneeded space...
I've been thinking about adding a video since day 1, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it. I've been waiting for at least one person to mention it though, so it would give me some motivation to try. :)

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Good luck though!
Thanks ;D
Topic Starter
Derekku
Fucking SCORE. I found a high quality version of LnLS on youtube without the lyrics. I'm converting it to avi and trying to remove the audio as I type this :)

EDIT: Done. After downloading numerous codec and file-y thingies I was able to import the .mp4 I ripped from youtube into VirtualDub. Then (after accidently exporting the video uncompressed and wondering why it was almost 2GB), I ended up with a nice quality 8MB video. <3

Time to try and put it in osu!

EDIT: Done! Woooooo~~~
Lum Moroboshi
Ryuukun
[All diffs]
00:00:82 (1) - this slider locks nice but its illegal D: please talk to some bats about this. my idea is putting in a arrow which show in what direction the slider goes.
Also the Hard and Insane Slider start one tick (1/4) to early

[Easy]
01:07:78 (3,4) - trap please correct the spacing.

[Normal]
No problems

[Hard]
Only problem is that maybe some combos may be to long (some reach 15).
But that's not for me to decide.

[Insane]
No problems

nice map, have a star
Rolled
There is something subtly wrong with the timing that I can't figure out. zzzz. Either that or I suck bad. As foulcoon said it's hard to figure it out since the mp3 is so quiet. Any chance of a better quality one? (I bring this up mainly because I bitched at JJJ for having a quiet mp3, and if he comes around this thread he will yell at me for not mentioning it ;x)

When it comes to the timing I'm kind of at a loss. The BPM seems to like.. varry slightly throughout it. I could have an average of 10ms early at one point and 10ms late at another. So confusing. I get somewhere around 20 100's which is bad.

I dunno, I'm pretty tired. So at the moment I'll just comment on non-timing things. The mp3 is pretty quiet and stuff. I usually mention it if my mouse clicks are louder than the hitsounds themself :P So if you could find a better mp3 it would only make the map better. Can't really require it though since maybe the song is supposed to be this quiet.

Insane's cool.

Hard:
00:50:90 (4,5) - This tripped me up. Thought they were 1/2 a note apart. Would like to see some wider spacing here.

Normal:
00:00:82 (1) - Try to make the slider direction a bit more noticeable. It's fine in insane/hard, but here there's a bit too much overlap of the start point and end point.

Easy:
Same with the star.

The end.
Topic Starter
Derekku

Ryuukun wrote:

[All diffs]
00:00:82 (1) - this slider locks nice but its illegal D: please talk to some bats about this. my idea is putting in a arrow which show in what direction the slider goes. Like I said in IRC, I'll wait for a second opinion =)

Also the Hard and Insane Slider start one tick (1/4) to early Where it currently is, that's where the music starts. I'll look at it again and see which one works better. EDIT: Changed it to what you said.

[Easy]
01:07:78 (3,4) - trap please correct the spacing. It's like the ones before it, but I'll go down a grid size and re-distance them. EDIT: re-distanced all of Easy on small grid. I'm never using medium again xd

[Normal]
No problems

[Hard]
Only problem is that maybe some combos may be to long (some reach 15). I didn't want to start a new combo for the streams of the music. *singing* *nothing* *singing* *nothing* etc
But that's not for me to decide.

[Insane]
No problems

nice map, have a star Thank you <3

Rolled wrote:

There is something subtly wrong with the timing that I can't figure out. zzzz. Either that or I suck bad. As foulcoon said it's hard to figure it out since the mp3 is so quiet. Any chance of a better quality one? (I bring this up mainly because I bitched at JJJ for having a quiet mp3, and if he comes around this thread he will yell at me for not mentioning it ;x) I'll update with a better mp3 tonight. I would've got it before but I'm lazy lolz

When it comes to the timing I'm kind of at a loss. The BPM seems to like.. varry slightly throughout it. I could have an average of 10ms early at one point and 10ms late at another. So confusing. I get somewhere around 20 100's which is bad. Yeah it needs some work. ):

I dunno, I'm pretty tired. So at the moment I'll just comment on non-timing things. The mp3 is pretty quiet and stuff. I usually mention it if my mouse clicks are louder than the hitsounds themself :P So if you could find a better mp3 it would only make the map better. Can't really require it though since maybe the song is supposed to be this quiet. I usually end up turning my volume allllllll the way up so I can even hear it xd

Insane's cool. =O Thanks! At first I thought it sucked and was about to scrap it. I'm glad I didn't :)

Hard:
00:50:90 (4,5) - This tripped me up. Thought they were 1/2 a note apart. Would like to see some wider spacing here. Oops. Good point. *fixed*

Normal:
00:00:82 (1) - Try to make the slider direction a bit more noticeable. It's fine in insane/hard, but here there's a bit too much overlap of the start point and end point. And there's my second opinion. I'll see about storyboarind something tomorrow. *if I can figure out how to xd*

Easy:
Same with the star.

The end.
K2J
Topic Starter
Derekku

K2J wrote:

J-Pop continues to blow my mind and remind me how absolutely sheltered I am.

[Timing]
It's more noticeable on the higher difficulties, but the timing is a bit slow. This is most easily recognized in the beginning of Normal and above. I suggest having a separate timing section (181.000ish for BPM, at 6,370ms) for that part. When I try to retime it (for the 200th time) tomorrow, I'll try it.

[Easy]
01:08:95 (5) - Spacing's noticeably too close. Fixed. See above post :)

[Normal]
01:22:41 (5) - Sort of weird to have this pointing directly opposite of the next notes, but if that's a conscious decision, I respect it. Good point. *fixed and moved the stream after it*

[Hard]
Fine.

[Insane]
Fine.

Star once the timing's cleaned up a bit. <3
mosluv
Easy:
Delete the excess timing sections.

Hard:
00:46:41 (10) - New combo.

Insane:
00:11:74 (1) - Finish.
01:01:28 (4) - New combo.

As you have heard this so many times now, timing feels off. I get around 10-12ms late/early throughout the map. Wish I could help you with timing, but I suck @ it. Anyways, cool map. Star for juu! :)
Topic Starter
Derekku
0_o
Easy
lol @ the storyboard
00:23:07 (2) - Shorten by a white tick, then add a beat two white ticks after
00:25:74 (2) - ^
00:28:41 (2) - Doesn't sound good, extend it so each repeat is 2 white ticks long
00:31:07 (2) - ^
01:25:73 (1) - Could you make this not overlap 2? I don't really care, but some people do :P w/e ignore this lol

Normal
00:59:45 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - *suggestion* h-flip this? Right now you have 3 combos in a row that start at almost the exact same spot01:25:73 (1) - same as easy (i'll stop mentioning it now) what

Hard
00:24:411 (and similar areas) Can you add some notes in these parts? (this goes for Insane as well)
01:08:62 (6) - Technically if you follow the lyrics this should start on the next white tick

Insane
00:18:41 (1,1,1,1) - Meh, I prefer this as one combo
01:08:28 (8) - Extend to white tick

Cute song, cute map :)

Topic Starter
Derekku
N0mad_old
With all the fixes here, I'm S'ing everything except Insane, which I'm not even nearly skilled enough to pass.

Oddly enough, looking at it through edit, the only map I have a problem with is insane.

Insane
:06, 1-6 - Right off the bat, I was 100'ing through these sliders because with the overlap, I was expecting to hit the next slider immediately after the first one, like on a 1/16 after the slider ended, but looking at the timing, it's an 1/8th step. It fits, but here's something I would suggest.

You have the sliders staggered like this:
\
/
\
etc.

Maybe you could try:
\
_ \
__ \
while showing the numbers so they could recognize the (slight) pause between those sliders. It may just be me. :?

:23, 4-8 and all of it's similarly placed brethren: The spacing on this, to me, is flat out mean. It may be that you want it that way, but damn that killed me fast.

Either way, I would play this map as is if it were ranked. Star'd.
Topic Starter
Derekku

N0mad wrote:

With all the fixes here, I'm S'ing everything except Insane, which I'm not even nearly skilled enough to pass.

Oddly enough, looking at it through edit, the only map I have a problem with is insane.

Insane
:06, 1-6 - Right off the bat, I was 100'ing through these sliders because with the overlap, I was expecting to hit the next slider immediately after the first one, like on a 1/16 after the slider ended, but looking at the timing, it's an 1/8th step. It fits, but here's something I would suggest. :S They're 1/2 steps, and they follow along with the music. I see no problem with them, but thanks! =)

You have the sliders staggered like this:
\
/
\
etc.

Maybe you could try:
\
_ \
__ \
while showing the numbers so they could recognize the (slight) pause between those sliders. It may just be me. :? It's you. <3

:23, 4-8 and all of it's similarly placed brethren: The spacing on this, to me, is flat out mean. It may be that you want it that way, but damn that killed me fast. This is why it's insane. XD Also, a lot of maps are waaay harder, so I was nice and put the streams in a straight and close-together line.

Either way, I would play this map as is if it were ranked. Star'd. Thank you very much 8-)
show more