forum

Yuko Matsutani - Urusei Yatsura - Lum no Love Song (TV Edit)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lum Moroboshi
<3
Introbulus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Derekku

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Finally you uploaded a map...
Hehe, yeah. Maybe I'll finish it in the next few days if I'm not too lazy. :(

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I will say though, the BPM analyzer popped out with 90.59, which is basically 181.18 where you are at...Perhaps you should consider this when correcting the time?
I think when I tried something like 181, it was too fast, but that might have been before I fixed the offsets. I'll try it again and see if it works any better.

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

00:57:12 (2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - Too many Finishes. :o
Yeah, I couldn't decide if I liked them or not. XD I'll see about removing at least a few of them. ;)

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

The song is pretty empty in itself...perhaps you can find a video to this? But that can be unneeded space...
I've been thinking about adding a video since day 1, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it. I've been waiting for at least one person to mention it though, so it would give me some motivation to try. :)

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Good luck though!
Thanks ;D
Topic Starter
Derekku
Fucking SCORE. I found a high quality version of LnLS on youtube without the lyrics. I'm converting it to avi and trying to remove the audio as I type this :)

EDIT: Done. After downloading numerous codec and file-y thingies I was able to import the .mp4 I ripped from youtube into VirtualDub. Then (after accidently exporting the video uncompressed and wondering why it was almost 2GB), I ended up with a nice quality 8MB video. <3

Time to try and put it in osu!

EDIT: Done! Woooooo~~~
Lum Moroboshi
Ryuukun
[All diffs]
00:00:82 (1) - this slider locks nice but its illegal D: please talk to some bats about this. my idea is putting in a arrow which show in what direction the slider goes.
Also the Hard and Insane Slider start one tick (1/4) to early

[Easy]
01:07:78 (3,4) - trap please correct the spacing.

[Normal]
No problems

[Hard]
Only problem is that maybe some combos may be to long (some reach 15).
But that's not for me to decide.

[Insane]
No problems

nice map, have a star
Rolled
There is something subtly wrong with the timing that I can't figure out. zzzz. Either that or I suck bad. As foulcoon said it's hard to figure it out since the mp3 is so quiet. Any chance of a better quality one? (I bring this up mainly because I bitched at JJJ for having a quiet mp3, and if he comes around this thread he will yell at me for not mentioning it ;x)

When it comes to the timing I'm kind of at a loss. The BPM seems to like.. varry slightly throughout it. I could have an average of 10ms early at one point and 10ms late at another. So confusing. I get somewhere around 20 100's which is bad.

I dunno, I'm pretty tired. So at the moment I'll just comment on non-timing things. The mp3 is pretty quiet and stuff. I usually mention it if my mouse clicks are louder than the hitsounds themself :P So if you could find a better mp3 it would only make the map better. Can't really require it though since maybe the song is supposed to be this quiet.

Insane's cool.

Hard:
00:50:90 (4,5) - This tripped me up. Thought they were 1/2 a note apart. Would like to see some wider spacing here.

Normal:
00:00:82 (1) - Try to make the slider direction a bit more noticeable. It's fine in insane/hard, but here there's a bit too much overlap of the start point and end point.

Easy:
Same with the star.

The end.
Topic Starter
Derekku

Ryuukun wrote:

[All diffs]
00:00:82 (1) - this slider locks nice but its illegal D: please talk to some bats about this. my idea is putting in a arrow which show in what direction the slider goes. Like I said in IRC, I'll wait for a second opinion =)

Also the Hard and Insane Slider start one tick (1/4) to early Where it currently is, that's where the music starts. I'll look at it again and see which one works better. EDIT: Changed it to what you said.

[Easy]
01:07:78 (3,4) - trap please correct the spacing. It's like the ones before it, but I'll go down a grid size and re-distance them. EDIT: re-distanced all of Easy on small grid. I'm never using medium again xd

[Normal]
No problems

[Hard]
Only problem is that maybe some combos may be to long (some reach 15). I didn't want to start a new combo for the streams of the music. *singing* *nothing* *singing* *nothing* etc
But that's not for me to decide.

[Insane]
No problems

nice map, have a star Thank you <3

Rolled wrote:

There is something subtly wrong with the timing that I can't figure out. zzzz. Either that or I suck bad. As foulcoon said it's hard to figure it out since the mp3 is so quiet. Any chance of a better quality one? (I bring this up mainly because I bitched at JJJ for having a quiet mp3, and if he comes around this thread he will yell at me for not mentioning it ;x) I'll update with a better mp3 tonight. I would've got it before but I'm lazy lolz

When it comes to the timing I'm kind of at a loss. The BPM seems to like.. varry slightly throughout it. I could have an average of 10ms early at one point and 10ms late at another. So confusing. I get somewhere around 20 100's which is bad. Yeah it needs some work. ):

I dunno, I'm pretty tired. So at the moment I'll just comment on non-timing things. The mp3 is pretty quiet and stuff. I usually mention it if my mouse clicks are louder than the hitsounds themself :P So if you could find a better mp3 it would only make the map better. Can't really require it though since maybe the song is supposed to be this quiet. I usually end up turning my volume allllllll the way up so I can even hear it xd

Insane's cool. =O Thanks! At first I thought it sucked and was about to scrap it. I'm glad I didn't :)

Hard:
00:50:90 (4,5) - This tripped me up. Thought they were 1/2 a note apart. Would like to see some wider spacing here. Oops. Good point. *fixed*

Normal:
00:00:82 (1) - Try to make the slider direction a bit more noticeable. It's fine in insane/hard, but here there's a bit too much overlap of the start point and end point. And there's my second opinion. I'll see about storyboarind something tomorrow. *if I can figure out how to xd*

Easy:
Same with the star.

The end.
K2J
Topic Starter
Derekku

K2J wrote:

J-Pop continues to blow my mind and remind me how absolutely sheltered I am.

[Timing]
It's more noticeable on the higher difficulties, but the timing is a bit slow. This is most easily recognized in the beginning of Normal and above. I suggest having a separate timing section (181.000ish for BPM, at 6,370ms) for that part. When I try to retime it (for the 200th time) tomorrow, I'll try it.

[Easy]
01:08:95 (5) - Spacing's noticeably too close. Fixed. See above post :)

[Normal]
01:22:41 (5) - Sort of weird to have this pointing directly opposite of the next notes, but if that's a conscious decision, I respect it. Good point. *fixed and moved the stream after it*

[Hard]
Fine.

[Insane]
Fine.

Star once the timing's cleaned up a bit. <3
mosluv
Easy:
Delete the excess timing sections.

Hard:
00:46:41 (10) - New combo.

Insane:
00:11:74 (1) - Finish.
01:01:28 (4) - New combo.

As you have heard this so many times now, timing feels off. I get around 10-12ms late/early throughout the map. Wish I could help you with timing, but I suck @ it. Anyways, cool map. Star for juu! :)
Topic Starter
Derekku
0_o
Easy
lol @ the storyboard
00:23:07 (2) - Shorten by a white tick, then add a beat two white ticks after
00:25:74 (2) - ^
00:28:41 (2) - Doesn't sound good, extend it so each repeat is 2 white ticks long
00:31:07 (2) - ^
01:25:73 (1) - Could you make this not overlap 2? I don't really care, but some people do :P w/e ignore this lol

Normal
00:59:45 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - *suggestion* h-flip this? Right now you have 3 combos in a row that start at almost the exact same spot01:25:73 (1) - same as easy (i'll stop mentioning it now) what

Hard
00:24:411 (and similar areas) Can you add some notes in these parts? (this goes for Insane as well)
01:08:62 (6) - Technically if you follow the lyrics this should start on the next white tick

Insane
00:18:41 (1,1,1,1) - Meh, I prefer this as one combo
01:08:28 (8) - Extend to white tick

Cute song, cute map :)

Topic Starter
Derekku
N0mad_old
With all the fixes here, I'm S'ing everything except Insane, which I'm not even nearly skilled enough to pass.

Oddly enough, looking at it through edit, the only map I have a problem with is insane.

Insane
:06, 1-6 - Right off the bat, I was 100'ing through these sliders because with the overlap, I was expecting to hit the next slider immediately after the first one, like on a 1/16 after the slider ended, but looking at the timing, it's an 1/8th step. It fits, but here's something I would suggest.

You have the sliders staggered like this:
\
/
\
etc.

Maybe you could try:
\
_ \
__ \
while showing the numbers so they could recognize the (slight) pause between those sliders. It may just be me. :?

:23, 4-8 and all of it's similarly placed brethren: The spacing on this, to me, is flat out mean. It may be that you want it that way, but damn that killed me fast.

Either way, I would play this map as is if it were ranked. Star'd.
Topic Starter
Derekku

N0mad wrote:

With all the fixes here, I'm S'ing everything except Insane, which I'm not even nearly skilled enough to pass.

Oddly enough, looking at it through edit, the only map I have a problem with is insane.

Insane
:06, 1-6 - Right off the bat, I was 100'ing through these sliders because with the overlap, I was expecting to hit the next slider immediately after the first one, like on a 1/16 after the slider ended, but looking at the timing, it's an 1/8th step. It fits, but here's something I would suggest. :S They're 1/2 steps, and they follow along with the music. I see no problem with them, but thanks! =)

You have the sliders staggered like this:
\
/
\
etc.

Maybe you could try:
\
_ \
__ \
while showing the numbers so they could recognize the (slight) pause between those sliders. It may just be me. :? It's you. <3

:23, 4-8 and all of it's similarly placed brethren: The spacing on this, to me, is flat out mean. It may be that you want it that way, but damn that killed me fast. This is why it's insane. XD Also, a lot of maps are waaay harder, so I was nice and put the streams in a straight and close-together line.

Either way, I would play this map as is if it were ranked. Star'd. Thank you very much 8-)
Hanyuu
Star :)
Metroid
Easy
01:00:28 (2) - Random slider whistle is weird.
01:13:12 (3) - Same as ^.

Normal
Fine to me.

Hard
00:00:91 (1) - It doesn't start in the same spot as Easy and Normal
01:16:11 (2) - Add a Clap.
01:16:78 (4) - Add a Clap.
01:18:76 (2) - Add a Clap.
01:19:43 (4) - Add a Clap.
01:21:08 (1) - Add a Calp and the end of the slider.
01:21:75 (2) - Same as ^.
You get the point....

Insane
00:18:41 (1,1,1,1) - make this part of the combo beforehand.
Same Clap suggestions in those spots.

Anything made by Rumiko Takahash deserves a fucking super star.

It's almost bubble worthy....
Topic Starter
Derekku

Metroid wrote:

Easy
01:00:28 (2) - Random slider whistle is weird. Fixed.
01:13:12 (3) - Same as ^. Done.

Normal
Fine to me. k

Hard
00:00:91 (1) - It doesn't start in the same spot as Easy and Normal Bleh, I'll just keep it on what I had before. (Starting on a blue tick because that's when the music starts and I don't want to have to make another offset point unless it's needed.)
01:16:11 (2) - Add a Clap. (And ones below) Added.
01:16:78 (4) - Add a Clap.
01:18:76 (2) - Add a Clap.
01:19:43 (4) - Add a Clap.
01:21:08 (1) - Add a Clap and the end of the slider.
01:21:75 (2) - Same as ^.
You get the point....

Insane
00:18:41 (1,1,1,1) - make this part of the combo beforehand. ARGH FINE.
Same Clap suggestions in those spots. Kay. Not gonna add more than suggested because I'll clap spam >_>

Anything made by Rumiko Takahash deserves a fucking super star. thanks~ <3!

It's almost bubble worthy....:3
Gabi
General: i felt like the offset was a tiny bit off, but i cant really get it right myself either.

[Easy]
good

[Normal]
good

[Hard]
01:04:78 (1) - maybe move down 1 grid?

[Insane]
01:22:41 (7) - new combo. (suggestion)

Great map :D
Topic Starter
Derekku

Gabi wrote:

General: i felt like the offset was a tiny bit off, but i cant really get it right myself either. Yeah srsly. *sounds the BAT alarm*

[Easy]
good

[Normal]
good

[Hard]
01:04:78 (1) - maybe move down 1 grid? K.

[Insane]
01:22:41 (7) - new combo. (suggestion) Alright. I also new combo'd 00:18:41 (1) to match.

Great map :D Thanks <3
I probably wouldn't bother giving kudos for nazi-esque comments, but what you pointed out in Hard helped me realize that the notes afterward weren't spaced correctly. Oops~ Thanks!
Andrea
[Timing]

BPM is fine
First offset : 775. (Remember to resnap all notes)
Second offset is fine.
Third offset fine too.

[Easy]

00:00:85 (1) - It's hard to know from where starts the slider... maybe you can add a storyboard with an arrow.

[Normal]

00:00:82 (1) - Same as easy.
00:34:91 (7) - New combo.
00:40:24 (7) - ^
00:46:41 (9) - ^
01:01:45 (5) - ^

[Hard]

The first slider on this is okay.

[Insane]

00:37:24 (4) - Align perfectly with (5).
Topic Starter
Derekku

osuplayer111 wrote:

[Timing]

BPM is fine
First offset : 775. (Remember to resnap all notes) oh god i love you <3
Second offset is fine.
Third offset fine too.

[Easy]

00:00:85 (1) - It's hard to know from where starts the slider... maybe you can add a storyboard with an arrow. uhhhh there IS a storyboard o.o;

[Normal]

00:00:82 (1) - Same as easy. dddddd
00:34:91 (7) - New combo. Kay (and below)
00:40:24 (7) - ^
00:46:41 (9) - ^
01:01:45 (5) - ^

[Hard]

The first slider on this is okay.

[Insane]

00:37:24 (4) - Align perfectly with (5).Oops, how'd I miss that? Thanks.
Ultimate
Derekku Chan, i'm only suggesting these modifications. If you do not wish to use them, then dont.

Overall:

The timing is fine.
I personally think that the offset is 770 .. Try it (on the Hard diff)

Easy:

00:28:44 (2) - Change the slider, so that the end and beginning are vertically even.
00:30:44 (1) - Align horizontal with end of (2) (previous combo)
00:31:10 (2) - Change the slider, so that the end and beginning are horizontally even.
00:35:77 (5) - 2 (lvl 3 grid) right and 1 (lvl 3 grid) down.

Normal:

00:19:77 (1) - Align horizontal with (2) (previous combo). (align the rest of the next combos if you change this)
00:29:10 (4) - Align vertical with end of slider (3) (same combo)
01:06:78 (1) - Align vertical with end of slider (2) (previous combo). (align the rest of the next combos if you change this)

Hard:

00:19:77 (1) - Align horizontal with (8) (previous combo)
00:41:43 (8) - 1 (lvl 3 grid) up. (So it aligns horizontal with (6) (same combo)
00:47:43 (5,6) - 1 (lvl 3 grid) to the right.
01:17:10 (5) - Align vertically with (4) (same combo). (It just makes it look a bit nicer
01:22:41 (3,4,5,6) - 1 (lvl 3 grid) down.

Insane

01:08:12 (7,8,9) - 1 (lvl 3 grid) up.. not really needed actually
01:26:72 (2) - 1 (lvl 3 grid) down.. ^

Insane is like ,, perfect o.O .. Nice work on the diffs my man :lol: , verry nice work. Hope to see it in the ranked section soon.
thats it for now -- ~~ Star ~~ --
PandaCath
I think it's fine. Star.
Sleep Powder
[Easy]
00:00:85 (1) - Confusing but nice star xD

[Hard]
Less confusing star

[Insane]
01:18:43 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - confusing...

[Normal]
00:00:85 (1) - confusing slider again
01:25:06 Add some notes here?

The spacing and timing seems pretty good :)
Topic Starter
Derekku
fufe
i came it to check timing from irc. I thought it checked out i[ got +/- 3 ms in test]. Nothing popped out at me on my playthroughs really sostarlol
Topic Starter
Derekku

fufe wrote:

i came it to check timing from irc. I thought it checked out i[ got +/- 3 ms in test]. Nothing popped out at me on my playthroughs really sostarlol
I don't know if I'm going crazy or what, because I still feel like it's off. Maybe I just need to stop worrying about it XP

Thanks~
Doomsday
Blue = design/minor issues. you do not have to change these if you don't want to
Orange = moderate issues. it would be best if you change these, but you may be able to get away with not changing it
Red = major issues. you need to change these

[EASY]

00:36:44 - Break?
00:41:77 - ^

no real problems with this. good job

[NORMAL]

again, no actual problems :)

[HARD]

[INSANE]

nothing :)

nice clean map. i struggled to find things wrong with it.
nice job

star'd
Topic Starter
Derekku

Doomsday93 wrote:

Blue = design/minor issues. you do not have to change these if you don't want to
Orange = moderate issues. it would be best if you change these, but you may be able to get away with not changing it
Red = major issues. you need to change these

[EASY]

00:36:44 - Break? No. =)

no real problems with this. good job Thanks~

[NORMAL]

again, no actual problems :) Thanks~

[HARD]

[INSANE]

nothing :)

nice clean map. i struggled to find things wrong with it.
nice job Thanks~

star'd Thanks~
...Thanks XD

But yeah, I see no point of adding such short breaks unless it goes along with the song or something. I've seen a couple of maps where tiny breaks actually look good~
Gens
[Overall]

- No source? I can easily tell this is from some kind of anime or something.
- There seems to be some Un-Inhereted timing sections here... Explain? They're different on each difficulty it seems :x

[Timing]
- I'd use Offset 6,441 instead of 775...

[Easy]
Felt perfect while playing~

[Normal]
Awesome~

[Hard]
I'm amazed you didn't use Tick Rate 2...
01:26:55 (x) - Seems I always want to hit a beat here... Add one?

[Insane]
01:26:55 (x) - Same as [Hard]. The tick rate too.

~ ~ ~

Wow, this map is really good, haven't met those kind of maps in awhile...
Go Starr!
0_o

Derekku Chan wrote:

Okay. Are you guys NOT seeing the storyboard?
Honestly, I didn't notice it either until my second or third run through :P Probably because some people just wait for the song to start and don't pay attention to the screen until the first notes come up. Maybe SB an arrow that appears with the star (instead of before it) that points in the initial direction?

..or the simpler solution would just be to stretch the star a bit so the endpoints are separate ^_^
Topic Starter
Derekku

Gens wrote:

[Overall]

- No source? I can easily tell this is from some kind of anime or something. I'll add one.
- There seems to be some Un-Inhereted timing sections here... Explain? They're different on each difficulty it seems :x The un-inherited red ones are the same on each. If you meant inherited green ones, they're different for a reason. Like the one part: "suki yo shakeshakeshakeshakeshake suki yo". I could've just done 1/4 notes or something, but it really doesn't matter. Then later in the song on easy/normal, I have green sections to reduce volume on the slider. Ones on hard/insane to silence the spinner. Etc.

[Timing]
- I'd use Offset 6,441 instead of 775... Sure.

[Easy]
Felt perfect while playing~ hehe thanks :>

[Normal]
Awesome~ Thanks <3

[Hard]
I'm amazed you didn't use Tick Rate 2... Hmmmm, nah. I like 1 :)
01:26:55 (x) - Seems I always want to hit a beat here... Add one? Oopsie *add*

[Insane]
01:26:55 (x) - Same as [Hard]. The tick rate too. Done~ (minus tick rate)

~ ~ ~

Wow, this map is really good, haven't met those kind of maps in awhile... Thanks, I appreciate the compliment <3
Go Starr! woo :)

0_o wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Okay. Are you guys NOT seeing the storyboard?
Honestly, I didn't notice it either until my second or third run through :P Probably because some people just wait for the song to start and don't pay attention to the screen until the first notes come up. Maybe SB an arrow that appears with the star (instead of before it) that points in the initial direction? But by that time, people probably wouldn't see it until the last second anyway. I still don't see what the point of storyboarding an arrow was in the first place. It's the first note of the song. lrn2retry xd

..or the simpler solution would just be to stretch the star a bit so the endpoints are separate ^_^ And mess with the star? D: Maybe xd
anonymous_old
General
Storyboard at the beginning confused me. It shows an arrow going clockwise but the star is counter-clockwise. I don't think "left" should be pushed as much as "counter-clockwise," which to me makes more sense.

Easy
00:06:44 (1) - Repeat is late. =S
00:53:77 (1) - Delete? Shown during the spinner
01:02:45 (4,5) - Merge into slider?
01:07:78 (3) - Under end of (1).
01:08:28 (4,5) - Merge into repeating slider?
01:15:78 (1) - Move so it doesn't touch 01:13:12 (3).

Normal
00:23:10 (3) - This felt too early for the placement. I know it's snapped but it feels off somehow.
00:51:60 (9) - I missed this note because I saw the spinner approach. Thus I would start 00:51:94 (1) 1/2 a beat later (end in the same place).

Hard
00:33:10 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - When I saw this while playing I was like "oh wow." Only issue with this awesome pattern is the first slider. It needs to move with the rest of the curve.

Insane
Nothing.
Topic Starter
Derekku

strager wrote:

General
Storyboard at the beginning confused me. It shows an arrow going clockwise but the star is counter-clockwise. I don't think "left" should be pushed as much as "counter-clockwise," which to me makes more sense.

Easy
00:06:44 (1) - Repeat is late. =S I think it's fine.
00:53:77 (1) - Delete? Shown during the spinner I don't think it's really a problem :< EDIT: fine i'll fix it argh
01:02:45 (4,5) - Merge into slider? Good idea.
01:07:78 (3) - Under end of (1). Okie dokie.
01:08:28 (4,5) - Merge into repeating slider? Sure.
01:15:78 (1) - Move so it doesn't touch 01:13:12 (3). Kay.

Normal
00:23:10 (3) - This felt too early for the placement. I know it's snapped but it feels off somehow. HMM I dunno :/
00:51:60 (9) - I missed this note because I saw the spinner approach. Thus I would start 00:51:94 (1) 1/2 a beat later (end in the same place). Oops. Thanks!

Hard
00:33:10 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - When I saw this while playing I was like "oh wow." Only issue with this awesome pattern is the first slider. It needs to move with the rest of the curve. Fixed, thanks.

Insane
Nothing.
Gens

Derekku Chan wrote:

Gens wrote:

- There seems to be some Un-Inhereted timing sections here... Explain? They're different on each difficulty it seems :x The un-inherited red ones are the same on each. If you meant inherited green ones, they're different for a reason. Like the one part: "suki yo shakeshakeshakeshakeshake suki yo". I could've just done 1/4 notes or something, but it really doesn't matter. Then later in the song on easy/normal, I have green sections to reduce volume on the slider. Ones on hard/insane to silence the spinner. Etc.
Well, the difference on each difficulty about Inhereted sections doesn't matter, what I meant is why not Inherit the Un-inhereted sections? Also, I didn't notice they were the same :s Sorry~
anonymous_old

Gens wrote:

Well, the difference on each difficulty about Inhereted sections doesn't matter, what I meant is why not Inherit the Un-inhereted sections? Also, I didn't notice they were the same :s Sorry~
Offset needs to change for the notes to be placed properly.

(I helped timing a bit. ;P)
Topic Starter
Derekku

Gens wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Gens wrote:

Of course I forget to mention why. *still tired from lack of sleep* The offset seems to jump around in a couple places, and that's why there's two extra red sections in the song. The one at "aaaahhhhh otoko no hito tte" and then towards the end at "Ammari sowasowa shinaide".

EDIT: DAMMIT strager stop beating people to posting :<
show more