forum

I can't find the BPM and offset.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rust45
If you look at the title you would know my dilemma. I'm having trouble with fine-tuning songs to be right, I used the BPM analyzer that Rolled provided but it still didn't help. I watched two video tutorials and most of the content flew over my head. If anyone could give me tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Or, if someone would be nice enough to take the time, you could help me by finding the BPM and offset for me. MP3 right here(save link as): http://kwix.shackspace.com/cavestory/soundtrack/31%20Last%20Battle.mp3(sorry if this is not allowed)
Starrodkirby86
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
I got a BPM around 189.900, and an offset of about 1260. That should get you started.

Yes, the BPM analyzer does help. It spat out about 190 BPM which is what I had when I manually timed. After tuning I found it was a bit lower. I may be off by ±1 BPM though.
Topic Starter
rust45

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Hey! Are you rust45 from Mirai Gamer Forums?

I'll get the timing for you. The offset's probably off 30-40 ms at most, but you can easily make a song out of it.

BPM 190
Offset 1247

You can also use 189.92, which is what the BPM analyzer popped out. Find which one is more accurate to you.
Yes I am actually, nice to see you here.

You said the analyzer gave you 189.92? That's odd because it gave me around 95.

But I'll try both of your results and see if I can get it to work, thanks a lot!
Starrodkirby86
Oh right...I forgot I doubled mine. :x

Best you try a combination of both. I hope to see your uploaded beatmap soon. :D

Nice to see you here as well. (Play my Running Hell [Sacred Grounds] map D: )
Topic Starter
rust45
(Play my Running Hell [Sacred Grounds] map D: )
I already did, I searched for Cave Story songs almost off the bat. I liked how you skinned it.

Well, I'm off to try to get this to work, wish me luck. Also, does anyone have tips for timing a song right for future reference, and I don't quite understand how to find the offset, or what it does.

EDIT: Just tried your BPM and offset and I found it was very well synced, thank you once again!
Starrodkirby86
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.