forum

Option to disable right mouse button in play

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +113
Topic Starter
Lybydose
This would be just like the existing "disable mouse buttons in play mode" option, except it ONLY disables the right mouse button. I've recently found myself accidentally hitting the right mouse button and randomly missing because of it. I don't want to disable both buttons though, because I use the left button all the time.

At the moment I have the right button disabled through the mouse drivers. It is somewhat tedious while editing and testing though because I need to switch between on (to make sliders) and off (to test).

This obviously wouldn't disable whatever key (default X) is bound to "right click."

EDIT: Changed titled
Gens
Yes, this would help me too. I use Keyboard+Mouse for fast stacks, and I often get a miss for clicking a note too early. ;_;
Soaprman
haha, wow, why did I never think to make a feature request out of this myself?

Support, definitely.
mm201
Sounds more like an added difficulty mod to me. =/
Soaprman
Well, the idea's not to restrict the player to one button for tapping. The idea is to disable only the right mouse button (not its keyboard equivalent) because it has a tendency to get clicked accidentally.
Shohei Ohtani

MetalMario201 wrote:

That is probably the easiest added difficulty mod ever.

I've never found myself using the right mouse button (generally because I play easy songs ;) ), but I see why this would annoy you, so support <3.
Derekku

MetalMario201 wrote:

But it wouldn't add difficulty? It would be just like the current "disable mouse buttons" but split into two toggles (left/right). :?
NotShinta
It might be just me or my mouse, but I have no idea how you can hit the right mouse button by accident at least at a time it would effect anything.
anonymous_old

IAmNotShinta wrote:

It might be just me or my mouse, but I have no idea how you can hit the right mouse button by accident at least at a time it would effect anything.
Many pure ZX players hit the mouse buttons on accident which ruins you in a stream. Ask Cyclone.
Zekira
But in this case, Lybydose I think uses Z/Left-Click or something like that. If one was pressing mono-keyboard then they would have full use of the current disable mouse buttons option, but some players go Z/Left-Click.
Skyripper
I agree that it occasionally screws me over in play. I use the left click for spinners and z/x for everything else. Occasionally I hit the right mouse button and it messes up a combo.

My situation is pretty much impossible because I hit the left mouse button in z/x situations on accident too. But, I need it for spinners. Damn my conditioned response to spinners.
anonymous_old

Skyripper wrote:

I agree that it occasionally screws me over in play. I use the left click for spinners and z/x for everything else. Occasionally I hit the right mouse button and it messes up a combo.

My situation is pretty much impossible because I hit the left mouse button in z/x situations on accident too. But, I need it for spinners. Damn my conditioned response to spinners.
Disable mouse buttons and grow out of that habit like I did.
Skyripper
it's pretty hard. but you've inspired me
qlum
I never hit a mouse button when I don't want to an I'm a pure v/c user I used it when you could use more than 2 buttons on the keyboard and never changed it
HakuNoKaemi
supported
SPOILER
should be easy to add , because the disable mouse button don't disable the center , it disable only two button , if it'll disabled only one button it should be good
Jalatiphra
ill support this too
Kitsunemimi
Super necro.
...But I often get this too, so support.
djyellow22
Happens sometimes :P So yeah, I support
Natteke
Also I think you can't switch between irc channels while playing the map and mouse buttons are disabled
Brainlag
This is the only feature i really miss in osu.
Wooot
I would love that feature cause i use lmb + z for streams an have the same problem with accidantly hitting rmb
Sadolution
+1
i would appreciate if youre able to disable every single button (left, right, and wheel) seperatly.

actually the "disable mouse buttons"-option, disable the wheel too.
i would like to just deactivate left and right button.
theowest
lol, this would be a way for me to practice single tap only.
Saten
I don't get how you can accidentally right-click your mouse, never happened to me though.
But I guess you use a different grip than me then :P
or a different mouse
ann_old
Would love this, I sometimes click my right mouse button when practicing click+z.

Saten wrote:

I don't get how you can accidentally right-click your mouse, never happened to me though.
or a different mouse
Bad habit from playing mouse only ;( I sometimes automatically just use my right mouse button :p
Byakuren Hijiri
This would be great for me, supported :)
Winshley
Wow, what a good old feature request getting bumped! Supporting this for sure. I use both left and middle click, almost never use right click.

Saten wrote:

or a different mouse
It actually happened on me, albeit in rare cases. :P
Hatsune Chiyo
I'm absolutely supports this~ I'm an alternate player and I found that really annoys~
Note that some alternate players use right mouse button to click, instead having only an option to disable right mouse button, why we can't have both?

A drop-down list for that would be fine, here's an example:

Since there's already a checkbox to disable mouse buttons, either:
  1. Disable the drop-down if not checked, (which it means the drop-down will only have left only, right only, and both) or
  2. Remove the toggle
Pilesos
oh yes please ...there are players who only use one mosue key. This would defenitely help in not breaking combos. Supported!
BBB
well, this would be very nice to have....

for players like me who use mouse button and keyboard it is a constant fear haha

especially for me as my mouse requires very very little effort to click... just a tiny twitch can screw me up completely... and when trying to pass or fc a very hard map i get really twitchy D:

for a while i considered using an external program to disable right-click, but i was worried it might count as cheating so i never ended up doing that, thats how much i wanted this feature :")

so i support \o/
eeezzzeee
Bump
Xenoblade
Support. Would be very useful for tablet players, like myself.