forum

Notedrop - Flash DJMax TR Clone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
I was totally gonna do this, but oh well. Someone beat me to the punch.

As the title suggests, Notedrop is an in-progress Flash version of DJMax Trilogy. It features the Ability to create Notecharts, as well as Online Rankings and leaderboards.

You can play it by clicking here.
Niva
Just played it in school few hours ago. Dunno why, but I feel this game is potential to be a successful online rhythm game.

Never played Trilogy before though... I used my reflex gained from playing O2Mania years ago, and gained 192k in that Whiteblue HD 6K (fever x5 multiplier orz)

Wish more songs and notecharts released soon... Thanks for sharing, I found this is a fun game to play ><

EDIT : Just played it again, 480787 points now (2739 combo) on Whiteblue xD
Gabi
I guess it's alright.

Note colors makes it hard to see
When the playfield area ends up on the right side of the screen it throws one off
It'd be much better if there was 3-5-7-9 keys instead of what they have now. They are missing spacebar :<

Then again it's still in alpha stage.
TKiller
yet another keysoundless flash beatmania-like rhtythm game? I think I've seen too much of these already.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

TKiller wrote:

yet another keysoundless flash beatmania-like rhtythm game? I think I've seen too much of these already.

indeed, but this one is still being improved on. It may be possible that keysounds will be implemented in the future, seeing as that's kind of what makes these games awesome instead of good.
UtsukimiJerry
Tried this. It's quite fun. Can't wait for more notecharts. Reminds me of O2Jam.
thepianist

Azure_Kyte wrote:

I was totally gonna do this, but oh well. Someone beat me to the punch.

As the title suggests, Notedrop is an in-progress Flash version of DJMax Trilogy. It features the Ability to create Notecharts, as well as Online Rankings and leaderboards.

You can play it by clicking here.
Oh man I was beaten at both forums where I usually lurk. ahaha. We're really glad to see that people are enjoying it!

Azure_Kyte wrote:

It may be possible that keysounds will be implemented in the future, seeing as that's kind of what makes these games awesome instead of good.
Keysounds are planned in the future, still working that out!

Gabi wrote:

When the playfield area ends up on the right side of the screen it throws one off
It'd be much better if there was 3-5-7-9 keys instead of what they have now. They are missing spacebar :<
Playfield will be user adjustable as well later, otherwise we will probably standardize it to be on the left side.
Spacebar is for the fever activation! 5 and 7 keys may be implemented later, depending if enough people really want it.
UtsukimiJerry

thepianist wrote:

Gabi wrote:

Playfield will be user adjustable as well later, otherwise we will probably standardize it to be on the left side.
Spacebar is for the fever activation! 5 and 7 keys may be implemented later, depending if enough people really want it.
7 keys : o2jam. Simple enough right?

And yes I'm trying to figure out how to make a notechart :o
-----
Not related to this game, but you guys need to check out this:
It's a really well done DJ Max Technika clone flash game called DJManiax
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/556866

You can play the game with either tablet/mouse or keyboard. I suggest using keyboard though because later unlocked music/maps are just unplayable with a mouse...
thepianist

Crimson_SoulZ wrote:

thepianist wrote:

7 keys : o2jam. Simple enough right?

And yes I'm trying to figure out how to make a notechart :o
Haha it requires the chart menu to be redesigned, and we want to first get more charts first/add keysounding and whatnot!

Notecharting isn't too hard, but rather tedious.

What ends up happening is you have to type in

G,97,3
H,100,101,4
N,104,1
N,104,4

where the first letter says if it is a regular or hold note, the second value for beat for which it appears (the third value for when the hold note ends), and the lane number the note is in!
Arusha Shuna
@thepianist I've downloaded the notedrop charter version, there's only notedropC.exe in the .zip file
what am i missing

if im not missing anything, what's next?
Mukku
Thepianist, I find 6 key mode really hard to read. I think coloring the D and K notes with different color than the S, F, J and L notes might solve the problem, like in O2jam
thepianist

Arusha Shuna wrote:

@thepianist I've downloaded the notedrop charter version, there's only notedropC.exe in the .zip file
what am i missing

if im not missing anything, what's next?
Aha, when Notedrop was updated, the folders were left out. I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble to ask you to download it again?

To get a song file, send an e-mail to chromatiqa (at) gmail (dot) com. The subject line and body content depend on whether the song already exists or not:

Song is already in Notedrop, or you aren’t sure
• The subject line must be “Notedrop – Song File Request”.
• In the body, include the name of the artist and title of the song, clearly labeled.

If the song already exists, we will send you a link to the song files. If we could not find the specified song, we will tell you so.

Song does not yet exist in Notedrop
• The subject line must be “Notedrop – New Song Request”.
• In the body, include the name of the artist and title of the song, clearly labeled.
• Also include the BPM of the song (which must be constant), the time signature, and whether you want the gear to be on the left, middle with bars on right, middle with bars on left, or right side of the screen.
• Please attach an mp3 of the song.
• We will NOT process requests for profane or suggestive songs. Even censored versions.

Each person is allowed only ONE request per week!

We attempt to process requests within two business days, but there is no guarantee on the actual processing time for a request. Requests for preexisting songs take precedence over requests for new songs.

Mukku wrote:

Thepianist, I find 6 key mode really hard to read. I think coloring the D and K notes with different color than the S, F, J and L notes might solve the problem, like in O2jam
Haha, we've decided before that since the lanes are already colored differently (as opposed to DJMAX Trilogy), it should be fine. We will consider it though!

Thank you for your interest!

5/6 Changelog
SPOILER
• Koi Yomi Zakura 4K - NM added
• BGA/BGV implemented
• Ranking screen/menu 'prettified'
• Various bug fixes for a nicer overall experience
Shael_old
I like MYDJ more, but this seems to have potencial
UtsukimiJerry
Silly bug I found.

I played a song and I intentionally failed the song to try it again. When I click the play button the files are redownloading by itself. I don't suppose you guys can make it so that the files stay there until the browser is closed etc? And I was using firefox that time
thepianist

Crimson_SoulZ wrote:

Silly bug I found.

I played a song and I intentionally failed the song to try it again. When I click the play button the files are redownloading by itself. I don't suppose you guys can make it so that the files stay there until the browser is closed etc? And I was using firefox that time
The song files should not have to be redownloaded if the game is still running, are you allowing Flash to store information on your computer? (It doesn't redownload here for my friends and I in chrome or firefox)
UtsukimiJerry
Yes. I do allow flash to store information on the computer. I don't know why the game redownloads the song again.

extra - set the speed to 3.5 and get a fever. The notes will be laggy throughout a song until you miss. Tested twice.
Shino
I tried to map a chart, but got confused when I opened the example file.
I think it lacks information about beat number. I can't even understand what the 37.5 in [N,37.5,4] means.
thepianist

Shino wrote:

I tried to map a chart, but got confused when I opened the example file.
I think it lacks information about beat number. I can't even understand what the 37.5 in [N,37.5,4] means.
37.5 is the the 37th and a half beat in the song, counting from the offset, which is beat 0.

Crimson_SoulZ wrote:

Yes. I do allow flash to store information on the computer. I don't know why the game redownloads the song again.

extra - set the speed to 3.5 and get a fever. The notes will be laggy throughout a song until you miss. Tested twice.
I don't know then; the only thing I can really say is to check if flash is at the latest version ahaha. (Lag varies from computer to computer, if you are experiencing lag, try playing image only, then low quality)
UtsukimiJerry

thepianist wrote:

Crimson_SoulZ wrote:

I don't know then; the only thing I can really say is to check if flash is at the latest version ahaha. (Lag varies from computer to computer, if you are experiencing lag, try playing image only, then low quality)
My Flash is at the latest version. I just don't see why the game will start lagging when I use 3.5 speed and get a fever after that. (I did try image only. It's the same)
show more