forum

Removal of Bananas from CtB Spinners [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
qwertykool
I am an avid CtB player, and when I first saw this, I was excited for it, but then I got to thinking of the cons.

FUNDAMENTAL REASONS WHY:

-The bananas are very "clashy" as in, they are very thick and bulgy and don't really mesh well with CtB. (I know that a retexture could finish that, but that isn't the only reason. xD)
-I honestly can't look at the bananas while playing a more serious map. They just look like they are from a toddler's cartoon. (Again retexture, but still...)
-Probably the biggest reason, for everyone: The fact that there are new textures for the fruit means that custom texture packs that change the CtB fruits (Great example here: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12952 and here: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17819) would no longer have the fruits that were designed (a.) specially for the texture pack, or (b.) specifically for the song (As in the first example).

Those are my reasons, and I don't know if peppy will always keep the bananas in anyway.

MY PROPOSAL:

A.) Give us the option of turning them on or off. (Which would --probably-- make everyone happy, but is less likely xD.)
B.) Remove them entirely.

I thought that this was a cool idea, but then I thought about the various cons, and it just seems like a poor addition.

Thanks to all who read this post in its entirety. : D
winber1
people will probably start skinning them sooner or later. Or you could skin it yourself. In fact, just download the template skin and make them all apples or something as a temporary solution lol.
Topic Starter
qwertykool

winber1 wrote:

people will probably start skinning them sooner or later. Or you could skin it yourself. In fact, just download the template skin and make them all apples or something as a temporary solution lol.
Yeah, I understand, but the third point is the reason that I still would have against that.
Stefan
What the hell is wrong with the people.
I play like one year CtB and I got a specific Skin for it. And I obviously don't care that the spinner Fruits are bananas now.
Sakura

chan wrote:

7. Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
Stefan

Sakura wrote:

chan wrote:

7. Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
Actually this. lol
deadbeat
MMzz
Why does someone have to complain with every new update? lol
VelperK
I guess ppy did go to everyone's houses, relating to this thread: t/47994

Woah, he must be tired of beating the crap out of all those players!

EDIT:

Don't mark stuff as invalid for that reason, we don't know peppy's mind and how would he react accordingly to these times... Geez, that chan's post is 4 years old, chill out already and let people discuss! <-(a.k.a: let's try to have a more "democratic" osu!)
Topic Starter
qwertykool
Alright, sorry for asking! xD I don't hate the update, just wanted to see what people thought of it. I just thought that it was an out of the blue update that added something that was a little strange. Wasn't whining or anything, I thought I was pretty nice about it! xD
deadbeat
t/41401
wasn't out of the blue. request has been around for a while. slightly different to the original idea but yeah. i think its works well
Topic Starter
qwertykool
Alright, welp, I guess we'll agree to disagree xD but I'll just put up with it haha. Thanks to those who responded.
peppy
You are free to skin it. If you don't like it and your skin is not getting updated, you can choose a fruit you like and make a copy of the skin file, calling it fruit-bananas.png.
Topic Starter
qwertykool
Omigosh peppy! : D....

Erhrm, yeah, thanks for the tip peppy, I knew I could do that, just wanted to state the thoughts of myself. Alrighty, I'm done for this topic. Thanks everyone!
: D
Tanomoshii Nekojou

MMzz wrote:

Why does someone have to complain with every new update? lol
Oh well, maybe because some of the players of osu! are from democrat countries....

@ <strong>qwertykool</strong>: Well, I understand your point... I do also don't like those bannanas... but since it is already changed.... your final choice is to ADJUST... :D :D
Topic Starter
qwertykool
Understandable.