forum

[confirmed] Some Taiko drumrolls have one tick less than they should

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mismagius
Explain the issue you are having:

Taiko Drumrolls (sliders) have one tick less than they should.

It requires mappers to unsnap the slider-ends to fix it (via .osu editing)
Rare case tho, since it almost never happens that people place a circle 1/4 after a drumroll.

Probably related to the milliseconds between sliderend and next hitcircle, because if you place a hitcircle 1/2 after a sliderend on a 250+bpm song, you also experience this issue.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. Open a Taiko-specific mapset
2. Place a slider
3. Place a circle 1/4 after the slider end (even 1/2 after sliderend, if map has above 250bpm)
4. SLIDER BROKEN

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:

See above.
Armin
^ supporting blue dragon's problem, it needs to be confirmed by someone else too.
mancuso_JM_
yes, that's true and it's not the first map with this kind of problems
Supporting and Confirming!
MMzz
Yeah I've seen it happen a few times. I don't really think the unsnapping is necessary though. As a taiko player I didn't even notice the amount of slider ticks are on that slider in your mapset. (Nor do I really ever pay attention to the ticks in sliders unless i'm modding.) I think it's better to just wait for it to be fixed instead of unsnapping something.
MillhioreF
possibly related: if a drumroll doesn't start on a white line, auto sometimes won't hit the start of it and it'll get 1 less hit on it than it's supposed to (I don't know the exact conditions)
[Luanny]
On previous versions of the map, sliders on taiko diff was kicksliders. When I noticed the bug, I changed it all to straight sliders and some got automatically fixed

I tried to change its form using curves or whatever, nothing seems to work
Loctav
Contributing to this thread after various tests:

The slider length self is not the issue, neither is the SV. It actually depends on the gap between slider end and next hitobject

It depends on the upcoming hitcircle. If the next hitobject is closer than 1/2 to the slider end in this case, it causes the bug. And because this 1/2 thing doesnt apply on every map, it's probably connected to the Milliseconds between slider end and next hitobject. (because Forgotten has 250bpm).

I was able to replicate this bug by putting a hitcircle 1/2 after sliderend on all maps that have at least 250bpm (Forgotten, dstrukt, various t+pazolite stuff)

Confirming this for now.
Kawayi Rika
Happend to this map again ~

So i wonder ~
MMzz
I think it happens on all BPMs loctav. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/42836 >136

EDIT: Lol me and rika linked the same map.
[Luanny]
Just adding:

Tried to place notes 1/4 after a slider on 200bpm

it bugs.
Kuro
I don't know if this is probably related but i'm having a similar problem with one of my beatmaps.
I'm assuming that the slider tick not on the slider is the missing one however even if you tried to hit it it'll say you missed it..
TheVileOne
Wont fixing this basically mean that all maps with this problem in them will be worth more points?
[Luanny]
or less
aabc271

MMzz wrote:

I think it happens on all BPMs loctav. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/42836 >136

EDIT: Lol me and rika linked the same map.

I think it's better to just wait for it to be fixed instead of unsnapping something.
As the mapper of that taiko diff, I really wonder if this will be fixed soon
I talked to some mats & bats before, and they seemed to agree using unsnapped sliders before this is fixed
And I guess doing so can prevent the problem below ( But not the ranked ones with snapped sliders ) ?

TheVileOne wrote:

Wont fixing this basically mean that all maps with this problem in them will be worth more points?
I guess that's at least true for older maps. Score resets are possible, but players will probably be unhappy about that ? Or should we just leave it as it is ?

Edit :

[Luanny PhNyx] wrote:

or less
The score won't be less, as the bugged sliders have 1 hit fewer ?
[Luanny]
In the case of Forgotten, it had 1 tick missing so it gives less points
aabc271

[Luanny PhNyx] wrote:

Then when the bug is fixed, it should have 1 more tick, thus giving more points ?
Kuro

aabc271 wrote:

[Luanny PhNyx] wrote:

Then when the bug is fixed, it should have 1 more tick, thus giving more points ?
But then when it's fixed doesn't that mean other players will have an unfair advantage because they'll be able to get more points? I've got a song that has a few notes missing in it however when you look at the top 40 there are other players with a higher combo streak after a certain date so i'll never make the top 10 on that song.
Although the possibility of a score reset will _off a lot of players..
aabc271

Kuro wrote:

But then when it's fixed doesn't that mean other players will have an unfair advantage because they'll be able to get more points? I've got a song that has a few notes missing in it however when you look at the top 40 there are other players with a higher combo streak after a certain date so i'll never make the top 10 on that song.
Although the possibility of a score reset will _off a lot of players..
The fix of 1-tick-less-sliders will of course create unfair advantage, but I guess this is kind of unavoidable because the fact is that they can have one more hit ? Need more suggestions from others

And the problem with different total combo seems to be unrelated with 1-tick-less-sliders. It could be another issue. ( I guess you mean sth like this )

And yes, score reset will _off a lot of players for sure :<
MillhioreF
This no longer happens in any maps I tested. Can someone link an example, or is this fixed?
Loctav
Still does happen. Let me provide an example .osz for you - http://puu.sh/3RqdE.osz

Please refer to p/1799245 for replicating. It's easy to replicate.
Let me edit the OP according to the new Tech Support Thread Format
show more