forum

Attachments [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CXu
Am I the only one that doesn't get how to add attachments to posts?

Xau_old
i cant see "preview" "post" "save draft" and "cancel" :(
Maraiga
I have the same problem as you cxu ):
peppy
I removed attachment support. Please tell me why you need it and I will consider adding it back.
Sakura

peppy wrote:

I removed attachment support. Please tell me why you need it and I will consider adding it back.
Upload guest diffs (.osu) to beatmap threads of course, at the very least beatmap threads should have attachments.
peppy
Can you not use puush or a similar upload service? I'm trying to rid osu! of phpbb's ugly attachment system.
Sakura

peppy wrote:

Can you not use puush or a similar upload service? I'm trying to rid osu! of phpbb's ugly attachment system.
I Wouldn't mind, but the attachments look better imo, at least it shows the attachments at the bottom of the post rather than in an url code format (or hyperlink), they look better like that, plus idk but maybe some browsers will have issues downloading .osu files as it may open in browser and read the text on it rather than download it, which is solved by just right click > save file as which isn't an option when using a puush file. Also sometimes when downloading files browsers may replace spaces with %something and brackets as well making them harder to rename to include in the mapset.

Just throwing some issues i've encountered when downloading .osu files individually before, which dont happen when using attachments but idk why.
peppy
That sentence was so long it was a hazard to my health reading it.
If the file displays in your browser, a File > Save As... will also work after it has been displayed.
Jarby

peppy wrote:

Convenience? Going to a file sharing site and uploading it separately generally takes longer in comparison.
peppy
puush is one key combination away.
http://puush.me
boat

Jarby wrote:

peppy wrote:

Convenience? Going to a file sharing site and uploading it separately generally takes longer in comparison.
By how much? Half a minute, at most? Good grief, unbearable!
Jarby
puush has never been reliable for me. I've ceased usage of it. Anyway, wouldn't it make more sense to make the attachment system more aesthetically pleasing rather than just removing it?
GiNa
Just want to say my opinion here,
Probably not everyone knows puush ...

EDIT:
To boat:
Because last time (few months ago) I really met a person that didn't what puush is, that's why I said my opinion
boat

GiNa wrote:

Just want to say my opinion here,
Probably not everyone knows puush ...
Not really continuing to argue for or against, but this is stupid to say, as everyone at the very least should have heard of this thing called google.
Aoko
Attachments are really important though, in a forum itself.
Zelmarked
Convenience. It was right there under the chat box, same page, and just a few clicks.
I guess at least put an uppy link on the post page that takes you to your account's upload prompt in a new tab.
peppy
I don't agree that attachments are important on the osu! forum, which is why I decided to remove them. I may put something in place for sharing .osu files for those who aren't willing to use puush, but apart from this I don't feel the need to host your content.
Zelmarked
I just need something to display images so I better better illustrate people's technical problems and solutions for them and I don't want to compromise anything I use.

I thought you owned puush. I tried to enter my info there but apparently it's a completely different site
peppy
puush is not related with osu!. you will need a second account.
Fumika

Aoko wrote:

Attachments are really important though, in a forum itself.
I needed it back ;w;
show more