forum

[resolved] black osu screen on bootup (mac) RESOLVED

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Media
black osu screen on bootup and I can hear and click buttons but my screen is black I remember clicking like softer images or something and it happened
i dont know how to fix it

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Open your osu!.pcname.cfg file wherever you osu! folder is located (idk where mac shit is)

Change the Shaders and BloomSoftening options to equal 0. Save, and then try launching osu!
Topic Starter
Media
could you send me a screenshot of it on your windows and what file is it by i cant find it we should have it located in the same area
Death
It should be located in "Contents > Resources > drive_c > osu!". The filename is "osu!.pcname.cfg" where "pcname" is the name of the account you are signed into on your computer.

The ordering of files inside your osu! folder can be completely different than someone else, so Dntm8kmeeatu taking a picture of their folder for you to reference probably wouldn't do you any good. With that said there is still an example of an osu! folder on this page: https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/osu!_Program_Files
Topic Starter
Media
i can't do anything with this file ???? help plzzzzz
it won't let me open it cause this file cannot be opened with the applications I have but any other file can be opened this has happended to one other mac user on reddit but thats all i know about this i cant open the file
Death
You can open that file with any text editing application you have. I believe TextEdit is installed on macOS by default? Just use that.
Topic Starter
Media

Death wrote:

You can open that file with any text editing application you have. I believe TextEdit is installed on macOS by default? Just use that.

im going to get it thx