forum

Doppelman - Error!! [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
D33d
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 15 October 2012 at 02:13:40

Artist: Doppelman
Title: Error!!
Source: Touhou
Tags: utsuho reiuji okuu nuclear fusion OnosakiHito RandomJibberish Deed David
BPM: 175
Filesize: 10512kb
Play Time: 02:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Caution (1.26 stars, 114 notes)
  2. Danger (3.63 stars, 202 notes)
  3. MELTDOWN (4.99 stars, 444 notes)
  4. Ono's Taiko Futsuu (3.84 stars, 401 notes)
  5. Ono's Taiko Muzukashii (4.67 stars, 627 notes)
  6. Ono's Taiko Oni (4.94 stars, 983 notes)
  7. RJ's iNiS Error (4.87 stars, 367 notes)
Download: Doppelman - Error!!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
A relatively fresh take on Touhou mapping, this is a part of OnosakiHito's Nuclear Fusion project--an ongoing series of remixes of Utsuho's theme, 'Nuclear Fusion' or 'Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom'. Ono has provided three taiko difficulties and RandomJibberish has also provided a spectacular hard difficulty, which evokes an almost iNiS feel and incorporates some amazing flow.

Note that this is a high tier mapset. If the easier difficulties feel hard in relation to others, then that's because they were made that way. I believe that they fall well within the limits of their difficulty ranges.

Thanks so much to Jarby all of the help that he's given me with storyboarding. You really are a hero. <3

Thanks also to Larto, ztrot, Rena-Chan and jericho for their various help with all of this. Triggers are far too fussy for my liking and I hope that, one day, they will not make my life Hell. Also, thanks to DC for suggesting the use of huge snares during the bridge. Mmm, reverb.
RandomJibberish
The best Touhou set ever.
Prove me wrong.
OnosakiHito

RandomJibberish wrote:

The best Touhou set ever.
I'm impressed of this osu map-set.
Realazy
!rate ∞/10
RandomJibberish
Topic Starter
D33d
Sorted. I made some other changes to the mapset as well. Many thanks to Rena-chan for her lighting.png. It looks very sexy.
Ijah_old
Good luck bro
Aurele
I will try to finish it today or tomorrow.
Saturnalize
Sorry for late mod DX"

=Caution=
1. The last kiai, don't you want to stop it? nvm. Delete all the useless timing at Caution and Danger diff. And shouldn't the kiai ends at 02:57:476?
And the kiai are different , from 02:24:090 to 02:24:733, Caution and Danger have no kiai while the RJ's iNiS Error and MELTDOWN diff have.
2. And where's the normal diff? D:
3. I don't find this code is useful, or it was me?

=Caution=
1. Perhaps HP Drain -1?
2. 00:55:581 (1) - One grid tiny to the left? I flip it horizontally and I found this thing is strangely not symmetric.
3. 01:43:590 (2,1) - I'm not sure if I must say this spacing, but it somehow too big imo.

=Danger=
Clean

=RJ's iNiS Error=
1. 00:47:352 (1,2) - It hits score and hp bar.
2. 00:55:581 (1) - hitclap at the end of the slider.
3. 00:57:981 (5) - hitclap.
Do the same thing for 01:06:552 (1,5) and 02:24:733 (1,5)
4. 02:03:647 (4) - It hits hp bar.
5. 02:36:733 (3,7) - Hitclap.

=MELTDOWN=
1. 02:23:619 (4,5) - Block these both and drag (4) to (176,200), imo this is better.
2. 02:56:961 (13,14,15,16) - remove clap.

=Ono's Taiko Muzukashii=
I believe you're making muzukashii's diff.
1. 00:24:854 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - Make this simpler. And why big notes at the end of the stream D:

That's all for now. I'm looking forward for the Taiko diff.
Good luck >u</
Topic Starter
D33d

Loli Cjj wrote:

Sorry for late mod DX"

=Caution=
1. The last kiai, don't you want to stop it? nvm. Delete all the useless timing at Caution and Danger diff. And shouldn't the kiai ends at 02:57:476? I've kept the timings which don't affect anything, because there's no point in making the effort. If it really makes a difference, then I'll end the kiai right at the end of the track. Otherwise, I'm leaving it be for now.
And the kiai are different , from 02:24:090 to 02:24:733, Caution and Danger have no kiai while the RJ's iNiS Error and MELTDOWN diff have. Um, yes? Would you prefer it kiai bursts occurred after the stress at the end of both patterns? This is deliberate! :P
2. And where's the normal diff? D: [Danger] is the normal diff. Its star rating is very normal and RJ's hard is notably harder. As the description says, this is a high tier mapset. I'll reduce the 1/2 in [Danger] if I have to, but the slider velocity is very iNiS and playable. Nobody's complained about it yet. Not every normal has to be extremely slow.
I'm not too sure what you're pointing out here, but I'll investigate this later.

=Caution=
1. Perhaps HP Drain -1? Really? I thought that this was okay. I'll change it if it's brought up again.
2. 00:55:581 (1) - One grid tiny to the left? I flip it horizontally and I found this thing is strangely not symmetric. Damn it! I kept shuffling this around and missed the grid error. Thanks for pointing it out.
3. 01:43:590 (2,1) - I'm not sure if I must say this spacing, but it somehow too big imo. Thanks for pointing this out, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the jump. 2/1 jumps are usually accepted in every difficulty, but this song is fast and that would probably throw novices.

=Danger=
Clean

=RJ's iNiS Error=
1. 00:47:352 (1,2) - It hits score and hp bar.It looks a little bit untidy, but it's definitely readable and moving these down would compromise the pattern a lot.
2. 00:55:581 (1) - hitclap at the end of the slider.
3. 00:57:981 (5) - hitclap.
Do the same thing for 01:06:552 (1,5) and 02:24:733 (1,5)
4. 02:03:647 (4) - It hits hp bar. Definitely no need. It's just a slider track--even if it overlapped a lot, it wouldn't affect gameplay at all and, again, changing this would compromise the pattern.
5. 02:36:733 (3,7) - Hitclap.

Claps were added. I didn't want to mess with RJ's hitsounds too much, but when he finished the diff for me, they wre clearly lacking in areas.

=MELTDOWN=
1. 02:23:619 (4,5) - Block these both and drag (4) to (176,200), imo this is better. So that they're symmetrical? Sure. I didn't put much thought into this--I just wanted the pattern to end in the middle. It looks better now; thanks.
2. 02:56:961 (13,14,15,16) - remove clap. I thought that they were appropriate at the end, but they probably sound better without. In fact, they do.

=Ono's Taiko Muzukashii=
I believe you're making muzukashii's diff. Just need for Ono to make both taikos. I probably should've waited for them, but he told me that he was waiting for me to upload this.
1. 00:24:854 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - Make this simpler. And why big notes at the end of the stream D: I'll ask him about this.

That's all for now. I'm looking forward for the Taiko diff.
Good luck >u</
Thanks for the mod! If [Danger] becomes problematic, then I'll simplify it. If anybody tells me to remap because of the slider velocity, then I'll not be happy. One could argue that, if it's a concern to me, then I should just remap it, but everything fits together very tidily and logically.
Saturnalize

D33d wrote:

Loli Cjj wrote:

Sorry for late mod DX"
=Caution=
I'm not too sure what you're pointing out here, but I'll investigate this later.
I'm pointing out about the uninherited timing started from 01:31:080, because imo it doesn't needed (I've checked it once by change it to inherited and snap the notes), but you don't need to change it if you don't want to. And a typo for =General= turns to =Caution=, hrr.

And for number 1 (for =General=), I think that part shouldn't consist kiai to make it like the beginning.

Great map, although I quite dislike kind of this music. Star because cute sliders.
Topic Starter
D33d
Ah, okay. I added the timing sections because that section felt quite out of whack in the first place. That might've just been me, so I'll play around. As for the extra kiai, it wouldn't hurt to get rid of it. Aaahhhh I dunno, I misplaced some kiais anyway. I was supposed to have fountains just before the chorus and then full kiai during the choruses. It should all make sense anyway.

Thanks for the star!
Sync
Woah, where did this shiny star come from?
MMzz
Heya D33d, first off I wanna say this is the best touhou map ever.

Ok now onto the modding stuff.

• [General]

Alright there is a SB issue with comboburst-1 and comboburst-3. They are both bigger than the 500x767 limit for comboburst. (says AIBat i'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but going to point it out anyways.)

The file is over 10mb WITHOUT video. Might want the find a way to reduce this.

In the difficulties Caution, Danger, MELTDOWN, and RJ's iNiS Error. A good amount of the inherit points are unsnapped. (Literaly the list goes off the screen in AIBat.) You'll need to fix these. (I can send you the list, or you can run AIBat yourself so you know what ones are unsnapped.)

And I'm wondering why all there are less Red timing points in the taiko diffs than in the osu! ones.

• [MELTDOWN]

00:27:638 (7) - I personally think the way this note is placed plays funny and LOOKS funny. I think if you stack it ontop of 00:27:467 (6) - It would look much nice and possibly play better. I say possibly because if it's stacked it makes a jump, but I don't think it will be to difficult.

00:49:067 (7,8,9,10,11) - Instead of this pattern going in the up and down motion maybe you could go in a left to right motion? (Just reverse 9 and 10 to get it http://puu.sh/xLJu.&#41; I can't really think of a valid explination besides the fact it felt smoother to play. So I guess you should try it out and see what you like better.

01:00:895 - Possibly add a note here to make a triplet stack with 01:00:981 (1,2)? I think the offbeat note into the slider doesn't fit very well, but making it a triplet changed my opinion on it. Yet again it's one of those try it and see if you like it deals. And if you do You should move 01:00:724 (9) around so the spacing makes sense.

01:11:867 - Just like above. ^

01:34:847 (7) - Take my suggestion into mind just like before at 00:27:638 (7).

01:48:390 (7) - Move this note in more to add onto that shape you had going, and then stack a note under it to fill in the guitar sounds? I didn't like the pause when there was obvious beats. Like this? http://puu.sh/xLU6

02:00:047 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I do not like this stream one bit. It's not the beats, but the shape of the stream. I was never a big fan of long linear streams like this, I always felt streams play and look better in a wave shape. But I might just be bias lol. ( So maybe try and do something with this?)

02:03:475 (3,4,5) - There is a small issue with this stack, because to me it sounds like the guitar is going in 1/3, yet the stack is 1/4. That will be a big acc/combo breaker. I don't have any ideas on how to fix this though. :s Thought I mightaswell point it out.

02:30:047 - Take my suggestion into mind like at 01:00:895.

Really that's all my eyes can see. This set is just to amazing.
Just make sure you get those timing points snapped that's the biggest issue right now.

STAR 4 U <3

PS: When the taikos are done call me back and i'll mod'm.
Low
Here's a bunch of stuff!

1. normal-hitclap-old1.wav < Unused file, I believe. It's also 0 bytes large, which is not allowed if you were to use it.
  2. bg2.jpg, bg3.jpg, default-comma.png, default-dot.png, default-percent.png, default-x.png are all unused image files.
  3. The dimensions of your comboburst.pngs should be 500x767.
  4. You need an approachcirle.png and a reversearrow.png in your folder to go with the custom circle.
  5. You also need a custom SliderBorder.
  6. Your kiai time goes past the end of the song.
  7. The taiko difficulties have different uninherited timing sections from the standard difficulties. http://puu.sh/xMjk
  8. Why are there so many timing points at the start of the song? I'm not sure, but I believe that they're unnecessary.
  9. (also you have like 9304983209430294 unsnapped timing sections in each difficulty)
Topic Starter
D33d

MMzz wrote:

Heya D33d, first off I wanna say this is the best touhou map ever.

Ok now onto the modding stuff.

• [General]

Alright there is a SB issue with comboburst-1 and comboburst-3. They are both bigger than the 500x767 limit for comboburst. (says AIBat i'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but going to point it out anyways.)

The file is over 10mb WITHOUT video. Might want the find a way to reduce this.

In the difficulties Caution, Danger, MELTDOWN, and RJ's iNiS Error. A good amount of the inherit points are unsnapped. (Literaly the list goes off the screen in AIBat.) You'll need to fix these. (I can send you the list, or you can run AIBat yourself so you know what ones are unsnapped.)

And I'm wondering why all there are less Red timing points in the taiko diffs than in the osu! ones.

• [MELTDOWN]

00:27:638 (7) - I personally think the way this note is placed plays funny and LOOKS funny. I think if you stack it ontop of 00:27:467 (6) - It would look much nice and possibly play better. I say possibly because if it's stacked it makes a jump, but I don't think it will be to difficult. Not keen on adding unexpected jumps just to change a pattern, but I'll either keep it as it is or just simplify the pattern. However, I was aiming for a dramatic zig zag, so I want to keep that for now.

00:49:067 (7,8,9,10,11) - Instead of this pattern going in the up and down motion maybe you could go in a left to right motion? (Just reverse 9 and 10 to get it http://puu.sh/xLJu.&#41; I can't really think of a valid explination besides the fact it felt smoother to play. So I guess you should try it out and see what you like better. This'll probably work better. To be honest, this was a half-hearted attempt to make the rhombus fit and end on the Y axis, so I didn't consider object ordering too much.

01:00:895 - Possibly add a note here to make a triplet stack with 01:00:981 (1,2)? I think the offbeat note into the slider doesn't fit very well, but making it a triplet changed my opinion on it. Yet again it's one of those try it and see if you like it deals. And if you do You should move 01:00:724 (9) around so the spacing makes sense. I think that I'll give this a miss, because I'm following the snare and the spacing should make the offbeat quite clear.I did have more triplets in the chorus, but I felt that they were overbearing and really didn't fit the the feel that I was after.

01:11:867 - Just like above. ^

01:34:847 (7) - Take my suggestion into mind just like before at 00:27:638 (7).

01:48:390 (7) - Move this note in more to add onto that shape you had going, and then stack a note under it to fill in the guitar sounds? I didn't like the pause when there was obvious beats. Like this? http://puu.sh/xLU6 I'm not sure about this, because I'm only following the melody partially, with more of a focus on the power chords. I feel that it works well throughout this section, because it creates nice stops and coincides with the most important notes in the riffs.

02:00:047 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I do not like this stream one bit. It's not the beats, but the shape of the stream. I was never a big fan of long linear streams like this, I always felt streams play and look better in a wave shape. But I might just be bias lol. ( So maybe try and do something with this?) I probably will change this stream at some point. It just looks and feels kind of clunky. I wanted it to be linear to a point in the first place, but at the time, I was having trouble with creating something that would fit well enough.

02:03:475 (3,4,5) - There is a small issue with this stack, because to me it sounds like the guitar is going in 1/3, yet the stack is 1/4. That will be a big acc/combo breaker. I don't have any ideas on how to fix this though. :s Thought I mightaswell point it out. Wow, I didn't notice that discrepancy. I've just removed the stack, moved the slider start back and added a circle before the wave. I am the master of compromise (and laziness).

02:30:047 - Take my suggestion into mind like at 01:00:895.

Really that's all my eyes can see. This set is just to amazing.
Just make sure you get those timing points snapped that's the biggest issue right now.

STAR 4 U <3

PS: When the taikos are done call me back and i'll mod'm.
I'll try to see to the general stuff from you and Jacob. I kind of grabbed those combobursts lazily from Chompey's Utsuho skin, so I didn't pay much attention to those. I'll add stuff. As for the skin stuff, I just want the defaults for the approach circle, reverse arrow etc. I'll end the kiai time at the end of the song if it's problematic as it is and the unsnapped inherited points shouldn't affect anything at all. I'm going to check the Kiai points again, so that they'll definitely be snapped. It's good practice to have sample switching inheriting points just before their objects anyway, just in case offsets are changed. Kudos and stuff and thanks for the mods!

Also, the taikos have inconsistent timings because they haven't been touched since Ono had sent me the mapset's template. They're all at the start because he put them there to be mapped for the song to be mapped from the beginning. I have no idea if they're necessary.
Low
Even if you want the default skin elements, you still need to add them in from the template skin.
Topic Starter
D33d
Fine, I'll add what I can in due time. Thanks for helping.

Also, I changed that stream to this:

Any questions?
Low
Question - How the fuck do you make such sexy streams and sliders?
Topic Starter
D33d
RJ's slider guide and very close attention to grid alignments!
show more