forum

Am I bad person for not giving tip?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
My friend had a very perplexing look when I told him I don't give tip and argues I should because the servers get paid little as is. Yea, but they should stand up for their wage and demand more. I can't afford to give $3-6 in tips in addition to the $34 dollars I paid for while being a broke college student buried in student loans. I asked him if he thinks less of me and he couldn't give me an answer.
ColdTooth
If it's me, where's my tip?
Westonini
It's not that serious. You're friend seems to be making a big deal out of nothing. Maybe he worked as an underpaid server in the past so that's why he's so pissed about it.

If you don't have the money, you can't give the money. But If I don't give a tip I just hope the waiter understands and doesn't hate my guts.
levesterz
Why giving tip tbh you are actualy paying for the food that also have their percentage of salary in it. You are technically paying their salary
Ashton
A bad server is not your worry.
We all know you were just in a hurry.
A tip for a bad waiter?
Hmm, I think maybe later.
But in the meantime, can you get eaten by a gator?
Achromalia
[quote="Ashton"]can you get eaten by a gator?[/quote]

gdi Ashton became Meah v2

or v3, or wherever we're at now.
Quibbly
Some places make the waiters/servers depend on tips for most of their pay. It's not illegal to do this but a trashy way to do so. So depending on where you went, yes it is very trash of you to have that waiter gain less money that day.