forum

Question about consistency training

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fealthas
Hey guys,

im pretty new here (playing about two or three months) and im currently playing songs somewhere between 3.0/3.5*. I mentioned, that although this is the star range in which im getting pretty fine results (mostly 90%+ acc with few exceptions), im able to play some dang hard songs (got 93.21% acc on insane diff of Bass slut which is a 4.04* song and is obviously exceeding my star range bigtime) and im still not able to FC some 3*s. So i checked forums for tips on consistency training and the most common answer i found on that topic was "dont retry, finish the song and go to next one". I also started to sort songs i have problems with into categories so i can focus on them instead of playing everything.
But here comes the problem. Although i have around 1k maps, i simply dont have enough of them to be able to play every map (from the 3.0/3.5* range) only once a day. So id like to ask if it would be ok for consistency purposes to play my selected "problem songs" (i got around 40 or them in the given star range) one after another and when i get to the end, just start all over with them? It is retrying in a way, but 40 songs take at least an hour (most likely more) before you play them all so it shouldnt be too much about the muscle memory right? What do you guys think?

Thanks for helping a newbie ;)
pandaBee
DL more maps. This is obvious bruh.
Topic Starter
Fealthas

pandaBee wrote:

Well of course thats an obvious solution, but i kinda wanted to know if retrying one song with lets say hour breaks in between each retry will hurt your consistency. If an hour long break is still too short or if it is not.
pandaBee

Fealthas wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Well of course thats an obvious solution, but i kinda wanted to know if retrying one song with lets say hour breaks in between each retry will hurt your consistency. If an hour long break is still too short or if it is not.
By telling you to dl more maps I'm also implicitly telling you to play more maps. Aka revisit maps less, play more variety.

That being said you should pls enjoy game over all else.
Kerusu
Just play more, and you should become more "consistent". I'd play stuff that's not too hard but not too easy either. It's difficult for you to FC, but maybe you only miss once or twice and you can get that FC in the near future. Play songs that you enjoy and find difficulties of that song that are a little bit out of your comfort zone. So right now if you're around 3*-3.5*, try playing maps that are around the upper limit, maybe even a little beyond 3.5* (like you said, maybe even 4*).
Endaris

pandaBee wrote:

Fealthas wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

By telling you to dl more maps I'm also implicitly telling you to play more maps. Aka revisit maps less, play more variety.

That being said you should pls enjoy game over all else.

I'm too comfy with my maps >.<

@OP: DL more maps. When I first settled on playing osu! for a longer amount of time, I got myself around 38k maps. Which is enough for a few years. Now I got 44k.
pandaBee

Endaris wrote:

@OP: DL more maps. When I first settled on playing osu! for a longer amount of time, I got myself around 38k maps. Which is enough for a few years. Now I got 44k.
That's fine for you since you already have a big map pool that you've explored, this guy literally only has 1k.
Endaris

pandaBee wrote:

Endaris wrote:

That's fine for you since you already have a big map pool that you've explored, this guy literally only has 1k.
pandaBee

Endaris wrote:

Topic Starter
Fealthas
Ok so heres update on my situation:
1) When i heard about you guys having 40k maps, i realized that 1k is probably not as much as i initially thought.
2) Went to most played maps and started downloading :D
3) Started playing newly downloaded maps
and
4) Realized that with new maps osu is like three times more fun, than it was an hour before.
CONCLUSION - im firetrucked since now im gonna have to spend all day playing osu instead of doing something productive, because productive and fun dont go well together. Dang it :D

So thanks for helping a newbie in need :)
ManuelOsuPlayer
Try never retry. Retry fucked all my skill sets and cap me from pass tons of 7*-8* decent acc to die at 4*-5* after a miss even with 99% acc.
Suddently lost stamina, acc, aim control, reading...
I will have to back to 3*-4* maratons a week and play hard maps at multi to don't rage quit xD
All due to 3 days testing well things about retrying.

If someone else think otherwise please explain. I'm mind fucked how 3 days retraying down my skills like 20 days of inactivity.
N0thingSpecial

Fealthas wrote:

im gonna have to spend all day playing osu instead of doing something productive
This will cost you your life, quit now
Railey2

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Try never retry. Retry fucked all my skill sets and cap me from pass tons of 7*-8* decent acc to die at 4*-5* after a miss even with 99% acc.
Suddently lost stamina, acc, aim control, reading...
I will have to back to 3*-4* maratons a week and play hard maps at multi to don't rage quit xD
All due to 3 days testing well things about retrying.

If someone else think otherwise please explain. I'm mind fucked how 3 days retraying down my skills like 20 days of inactivity.
i got this
Topic Starter
Fealthas

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Fealthas wrote:

im gonna have to spend all day playing osu instead of doing something productive
This will cost you your life, quit now
Cmon bruh i was just joking :D
Celine
MULTI
- e - v - b-
what -bws said, multi is by far the best way to build consistency
Topic Starter
Fealthas
Ok got it - no repeating and switch to multi :P Thanks for help guys :)