forum

osu!wrapper - For those who want to use osu! and osu!lazer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DG53
UPDATE: I just found out about the import button in osu!lazer's setting, which negates the point of osu!wrapper from a user's perspective. Only use osu!wrapper if you don't want to/can't use that import button for whatever reason.

So, I just got osu!lazer and heard about some stuff relating to importing beatmaps into osu!lazer and how annoying some people find it (I am one of those people, I had to jump through so many hoops to figure out where osu!lazer got installed to to import beatmaps it was ridiculous). For those people, I have made a tool which I call osu!wrapper. Just put it where you want, change some stuff relating to osz files, maybe point it to where osu! and osu!lazer are installed and you're all set!

This thread will help guide you through the process of setting up and subsequently using osu!wrapper to more easily allow for use of both osu! and osu!lazer on the same computer.

Step 1: Install osu! (you probably already did this part. If not, look up, the download link should be right at the top of the page.)
Step 2: Install osu!lazer (you probably also did this part. If not, google osu!lazer and the Github page should be one of the first results. Click on it, click on releases and then click on Install.exe)
Step 3: Download osu!wrapper and extract it to somewhere you intend to keep it (once setup is complete, you can't move it). http://www.mediafire.com/file/8vmkk2lmf ... rapper.exe
Step 4: Run osu!wrapper.
Step 4.5: Point osu!wrapper to the install directories for osu! and osu!lazer (if you install them to the non-default directories (which osu!lazer doesn't even let you do), osu!wrapper will not find them and you'll need to point to them manually).
Step 5: Close osu!wrapper.
Step 6: Get a .osz file (just download one or make one. Doesn't matter.)
Step 7: Right click on the .osz file and choose to open it with osu!wrapper. Make sure to check the box that make it make osu!wrapper the default program to handle .osz files.
Step 8: Repeat steps 6 and 7 with .osr files (that may be the wrong file extension, I don't deal with replays that much).
Step 9: All done! Now when you open a .osz file, you can choose to open it in osu! or osu!lazer.

If you have any issues with osu!wrapper, please reply with said issue and I'll try to resolve it as fast as I can.

Source code (be warned, it's really bad (I shouldn't code when I'm really tired)): http://www.mediafire.com/file/f51umactd ... rapper.zip
peppy
I'd highly recommend just using the import button in settings, which does the same thing.
Endaris
Please provide a github repository or something similar for that tool. Otherwise this will get shot down in accordance with the rules.
Topic Starter
DG53

Endaris wrote:

Please provide a github repository or something similar for that tool. Otherwise this will get shot down in accordance with the rules.
Okay. I'll put the source code in a spoiler or something (I don't have GitHub, but I really should).
Windows 11 Pro

peppy wrote:

I'd highly recommend just using the import button in settings, which does the same thing.
But with lazer i cant get my maps from my other hard drive :?
Topic Starter
DG53

Ice_Crusherrino wrote:

peppy wrote:

But with lazer i cant get my maps from my other hard drive :?
Well, I hope osu!wrapper helps. The way I coded it, as terrible as it is, should work across multiple drives (not sure though, I don't have multiple drives to test with).
jorolf
I made this 5 months ago for importing beatmaps when lazer didn't have a button for it yet.
https://github.com/jorolf/osu-lazer-beatmap-importer

It just zips every directory in your songs folder to osz files and opens them with lazer
Topic Starter
DG53

jorolf wrote:

I made this 5 months ago for importing beatmaps when lazer didn't have a button for it yet.
https://github.com/jorolf/osu-lazer-beatmap-importer

It just zips every directory in your songs folder to osz files and opens them with lazer

Well, it would be unlikely for me to be the only person to think of this kind of thing and actually have the know-how to do it. I'll just mark this up on the list of solutions that I didn't know about before making osu!wrapper.

If you are actually insinuating that I stole your code (which I don't think you are, but just covering all bases), I didn't, but sorry for the confusion.
Bill_Hub

peppy wrote:

true