forum

sv based beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Salty Mermaid
Hello. I'm currently mapping a sv based mania beatmap, and I've noticed that the timing pannel doesn't allow me to go into the extremly high or low bpm and sv I'm trying to put. I think the limit is from 15 to 10 000?. Anyway, I guess I have to go do it manually in the .osu file, but I don't understand what all the values are for. Can someone help me?
Endaris
The meaning of the values in the .osu file is documented here: https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/osu!_File_Formats/Osu_(file_format)
Note that you can also switch the gamemode to Taiko in order to get access to a wider range of SV multipliers for inherited sections.
The limit from 15 to 10000 is only enforced through the editor - by editing the .osu-file you can also get very close to 0bpm and infinite bpm.
Topic Starter
Salty Mermaid
Oh wow... I guess I was just not looking good enough! Thank you!
Endaris
Nono, this was most likely not your fault.
The new wiki search is still really lacking opposed to the old one (even if you know the exact page titles they are often not the 1st in search).
As of now you will probably find any kind of content the fastest if you type your search keyword in quotation marks into the google custom search box on the top left in the old forum view. The quotation marks are there to mask special characters like the . in front of the sensible keyword ".osu" to avoid them being ignored for the search. Which will actually make that wiki page pop up as the first entry on the google custom search and not at all on the new wiki search.
Topic Starter
Salty Mermaid
Mmmm, I take note of that! Thank you! But now I have a another little poblem. In my beatmap, I gradually increase the BPM to an absurdly high BPM, but I add sv so the speed at which the notes will scroll down stay the same. The thing is that when I enter the value in the .osu file, since the sv that I end up with has more than 2 number after the comma, in the editor, it is still rounded to 2 number after the comma.

For example, the real bpm of the song is 170, but at some point it reaches 6800 bpm. So, for the scroll speed to stay the same when I play it, I need a sv x0,025. Then I go in the .osu file, I enter a value so the the sv would be x0,025, but when I get back to the editor and check in the timing panel, it is rounded at x0,03. So, the scroll speed is as if the bpm was 204 instead of 170. Do you know what I should do?