forum

[invalid] Add "display RSI warning" option for beatmaps in the editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
zev
I didn't see this anywhere, and i figure i saw the new osu! client coming up soon.

We need this really as an option along with the display epilepsy warning.

Sometimes high density stream maps or very high bpm maps can put alot of stress on your hands.

there is a chance players could feel pain while playing maps like deceit) or Halozy - Genryuu Kaiko
i figure it would just wise to remind players to not potentially harm their self cause playing such maps could rly strain your hand.
ofcourse if you don't care or you are just fine you just can ignore it just like the epilepsy warning.

I'm sure dr.levi would agree with me.
Shiguri
yea
jas
"rsi warning"
Sandy Hoey
I think they should stick that below the osu! logo. The whole game needs an RSI warning xD
Caput Mortuum
people with rsi shouldn't even be playing osu lol
Topic Starter
zev

Shiguri wrote:

yea

CraEZy wrote:

"rsi warning"

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I think they should stick that below the osu! logo. The whole game needs an RSI warning xD
pretty fucking hilarious now stop.

Eraser wrote:

ofcourse you shouldn't be playing osu! if you have rsi captain obvious, what about people who don't have rsi? try thinking logical.
o x
You don't get RSI for playing one map a couple times. RSI is accumulated over a long period of time where you repeat the same movements for long periods of time so this would be pointless. This is pretty much like saying you should add a warning for migraines because a map can cause stress. I don't see any use in this at all as it's not like people would even listen to it. People play the maps because they want to I doubt a little warning like that will stop anyone, as I said RSI isn't something that pops out of no where and they will see signs of it long before it gets serious.
Stefan
yeah no
Caput Mortuum

zev wrote:

Eraser wrote:

ofcourse you shouldn't be playing osu! if you have rsi captain obvious, what about people who don't have rsi? try thinking logical.
I was just joking you mong. People won't get rsi from playing a single map, there's no need for this.
Even if it is added, there will be flaws. How about dt oriented maps? Since the original song is probably low bpm, there's no need to put an rsi warning there, isn't it?
Topic Starter
zev
wow thanks