forum

Aoi - SYNCHRONIZATION [CatchTheBeat|Osu]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MagicToaster_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on miércoles, 05 de abril de 2017 at 12:50:33 a.m.

Artist: Aoi
Title: SYNCHRONIZATION
Source: SYNCHRONICITY
Tags: synchronicity synchronization comiket 91 eternal melody Aoi 葵 The Sea Where the Home Planet is Reflected 故郷の星が映る海 Touhou 15 Kanjuden Proyect Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom 東方紺珠伝 ZUN
BPM: 155
Filesize: 5670kb
Play Time: 03:41
Difficulties Available:
  1. Calm (0,98 stars, 291 notes)
  2. Cup (1,26 stars, 342 notes)
  3. Easy (1,47 stars, 271 notes)
  4. Normal (2,11 stars, 379 notes)
Download: Aoi - SYNCHRONIZATION
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first map c:
►Easy: 100%
►Normal: 100%
►Calm: 100%
►Cup: 100%

▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ Song Information ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
►Music: Aoi 【 葵 】
►Title: SYNCHRONIZATION
►BPM: 155
►Album: SYNCHRONICITY
►Event: Comiket 91
►Circle: Melodic Taste
►Release: 29-12-2016

►Original theme: The Sea Where the Home Planet is Reflected 【 故郷の星が映る海 】
►Game: (Touhou 15) Touhou Kanjuden ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom 【東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom 】
►Creator: ZUN
HibikiDesu
Here from #modreqs. Glad to see a new mapper like me. Let me see if I can offer any advice

[Normal]
00:04:645 (7) - I think this should be NC (new combo) because it is a major sound and the combos here feel really long
00:06:193 (9) - ^ basically new combo on every other Big white tick
00:17:032 (7) - continue with new combo every 2 big white ticks
00:23:225 (6) - ^
00:29:419 (6) - ^
00:34:451 (5) - I don't know if this slider should repeat so many times like this. It kind of breaks the pattern of the previous notes
00:46:838 (5) - There should be a circle right after this slider to map all of the sounds like this
01:01:741 (3) - replace this slider with two circles because the slider end is covering a main hit in the music which users would typically tap instead of letting go
01:01:741 (3,4,5) - For a normal map these 3/4 rhythms are a bit weird and may not be appropriate for the lower ranking players who are still learning the game.
perhaps you could change it to this to increase the readability

01:01:741 (3,4,5) - You only use a whistle hit sound on note 4 when all three note (3's slider end which should be a regular circle) are all on the same sound in the music. All 3 notes should have a whistle hit sound.
01:14:322 (1,2,3) - This looks a little ugly. The sliders are not quite pointing into the next object properly. Rotate the sliders so that the ends point right into the middle of the next object Slider 1 also has different curve anchors than slider 2 making them look different. I would recommend copying and pasting sliders to keep them the same.
01:14:322 (1,2,3,4,5) - Here you are mapping the drum fill but there could be another circle placed after note 5 since the drum fill continues for that last beat
01:24:387 (7) - You're skipping another major sound after this note. Add a circle to map it
01:24:387 (7,5,6) - move one of these sliders so that the point into each other more evenly
01:49:936 (1) - This spinner should end 2 white ticks later on the big white tick
03:25:935 (5) - Here you should go back to new combos on every 2 big white ticks
03:41:419 (8) - Finally right after this last note, i think a spinner would be appropriate. It would start right after the last note and last until the very end when at 3:50 when the big sound closes the song

I skipped over some of the map because it is mostly the same problems. Also it felt like you copied and pasted some parts of the map onto others. I would advise against doing this as it can be perceived as lazy and also makes the map feel rather repetitive. I also noticed some minor problems that you had with consistency in your rhythm choice. Some parts of the song that sounded the same were not mapped the same. Overall for a first map, it was not too bad. Mostly just common mistakes and issues that every new mapper has. Also i didn't mod the easy diff because I am bad at mapping and judging lower star maps. If you have any questions or need clarification just ask.

Good luck with the mapping! :D