forum

[duplicate] How to improve spectating system

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
If this topic has already been created,then I'm sorry.

I just notice that some mappers like to spect how other people play their ranked (and not only ranked) maps. It's nice to see when someone plays your own map,right?) but there is 1 problem - it's pretty hard sometimes to find someone who plays your maps (and not only your maps,maybe you want to watch how people play a map that you like,for example) So,this would be nice to see a 'maps searching system'. It works very simple - like 'nicknames search system'. You start to write for example there 'Hatsune Miku' , and it shows you all people who play any Hatsune Miku map. And then you write for example 'Hatsune Miku - No Shoushitsu' , it shows you all users who play this map. So,with the help of this 'maps searching system' you can see who plays your map at this moment and you can spect him with pleasure :-> By the way,some ranked maps have the same name,because they were remapped,so I suggest to show the author's name in the end. It will look like that : - 'Watching Giorgos play Lia - My soul your beats [by osuplayer111]'
What do you think?
Louis Cyphre
I love spying, so i support :3
maal
I wouldn't want this implented, since you could just ask somebody to play your map, instead of being a freaking creep.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Emaal wrote:

I wouldn't want this implented, since you could just ask somebody to play your map, instead of being a freaking creep.
I don't agree with you. When random people play your map it is more interesting than if you just ask someone to do it. I will become a freak if I will ask every day different people to play my maps.
MDuh
kinda good.. but I don't feel that need to get this implemented..
I have a feeling this will eat the Bancho's CPU so much..
or maybe put a command like /spectate [name of map] then Like Highlighting.. the first who Highlights that map will ping you then automatically spectators that person
Hernan
Something like this? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50710
Kitsunemimi
This would be really useful, but at any time when someone needs to search, Bancho will have to update thousands of people's statuses and scan then to fetch your result. If two people did this simultaneously, it would result in crazy resource usage. On top of this, hundreds of people are already requesting for updates at all times, so I don't think this is really possible considering what kinds of network and hardware resources required.

Besides, no other game even has almost-realtime status updates for all the players, so something like this is going beyond the limit. I like the idea though, sometimes I wish I can do this.... Uhh, err, still no support
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Hernancit0 wrote:

Something like this? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50710
Yeah,I am glad that someone has the same ideas as I am) But my idea is more improved,as I see)
maal

Giorgos wrote:

Emaal wrote:

I don't agree with you. When random people play your map it is more interesting than if you just ask someone to do it. I will become a freak if I will ask every day different people to play my maps.
Why is it more interesting? Please state that. I can't see the big difference.
aevv_old

Emaal wrote:

yep less creepy to continually message high rank players asking them to play for you than to just search for people already playing the map. emaal wouldnt use this feature so please dont implement it. -support

no, this would be cool +support

edit and this is "more interesting" because it'd be easier to find people playing maps of certain artists, or maybe certain mappers. type in angelhoney and view everyone playing any angelhoney map or guest diff, as opposed to speccing angelhoney
Waryas

Emaal wrote:

hahaha nope.avi

Why is it more interesting? Please state that. I can't see the big difference.
It's interesting sometime to spec more "unknow" player try your maps or you know good players that aren't often specced because they're overshadowed by the big players.

Also yea +support.
Haneii
This would make creeping easier \o/

I support it, but I think it's unlikely for this to happen because of server strain :(
Zetta
I like it, sounds like a nice idea.

Also Haneii, that fucking avatar man..lol
Krisom
This seems intresting, but I don't know if the server can support such a huge database of replays.

If it can, then sure, +support.
If it can't and we'd need to enlarge the storage system, I'd rather see the extra space used for other things than this one.

Also Haneii is still searching for someone to synch avatars with, Zetta *wink wink*
SapphireGhost

Krisom wrote:

This seems intresting, but I don't know if the server can support such a huge database of replays.

If it can't and we'd need to enlarge the storage system, I'd rather see the extra space used for other things than this one.
I'll be lame and not contribute anything to the discussion. However, I do agree with this post.
rust45
I requested something similar to this a long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15405

And I kinda prefer my implementation for it.
aevv_old

Krisom wrote:

Also Haneii is still searching for someone to synch avatars with, Zetta *wink wink*
this isnt extra replay storage, its ability to uise the f9 menu to search not only by name, but map being played
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
I just don't want this idea to be refused,because this would be really nice to see this function here.
I don't have map's because I am a terrible mapper :o
But I think these idea is pretty nice because i can spect people who have my favourite maps!!!
L_P
Yeah! someone has a same idea with me.
i think that this program is quite useful, as mappers need to know that which part of the map often make players misjudge, or make mistake.
and i want to add some point.if you think it is useful, please add it in your thread.

+a search system in F9, just for players playing that specific song, and begin spectating automatically after selecting that user.

+a new button in the song option: while right clicking on the song, add a button "users who are playing this song" or shorter "spec users", that automatically lead to a search in F9 with the full song name, then you can spect the users.

+a new button to select the profile which is spectating yourself, although you can search for the player, but when the name is kinda weird, this is helpful.

spectating users is more useful while you wanted to spec specific map, but not only to the users.

*i nearly open a new topic, damn*
Enna Alouette
LOL I'd love to see this in osu soon haha~ i like to spect
so + support with no stars sorry >~<////
TheVileOne
This is an interesting idea. I could see the Search bar searching the status field as well. Good idea, so bringing it back up.
Kitsunemimi
As things stand, the user status updates are even laggier than they were previously, and there a hell of a lot more players online simultaneously, so this request is becoming less and less feasible...