forum

[Archived] Osu! Keeps asking for verification

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nightblade
Problem Details: While I would understand this if I kept logging in from different IPs, locations and computers.. I keep trying to do things on the same devices.. but every day when I try to do something even change my signature the website asks me for verification is this normal?
I just want to know if it is..
It may be an issue with the fact that I have a Polish flag but live in England and Osu! keeps thinking that I am logging in from somewhere where I shouldn't be.
If this is normal is there a way to disable the website asking for verification so much?
Adorn
I'm not sure if the verification has to do with it, but you can change your flag by emailing accounts@ppy.sh and providing evidence that you reside in England.
Kao
Maybe someone else has access to your account?
I suggest in trying to change passwords, you get the verification email when you log on from two different computers that are far away
In which case it shouldn't happen so frequently
Topic Starter
Nightblade
I emailed the staff asking for a flag change around 2 days ago and still didn't get any email back so I am waiting. I will send another one after 7 days.

I didn't know that I will change the password just incase. It happens everyday... And I thought it is normal and found the security to be annoying since it is more over protective than Steam but looks like my account might be in someone else's hands..
Adorn
For the record, no, it is not usual for it to ask you to verify each and every time.
Pawsu
This triggers when your account has been logged in from a different location (IP) as you have said. If you regularly switch between a VPN or use a proxy, this may be why. If you're 100% positive it isn't you, make sure you secure your passwords on osu! & email.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Might be worth to double check you are not using a Dynamic IP address, as this will cause this behaviour.
Kao
I thought dynamic IP address is just a local address set by DHCP?
It shouldn't change your location nor the IP address osu! Sees
Upskirt

Kao wrote:

I thought dynamic IP address is just a local address set by DHCP?
It shouldn't change your location nor the IP address osu! Sees
Your IP still has a location.

In-game does it say you are in England? You can check by filtering your username.