forum

[Archived] [web] Rank is shown differently

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kao
I just achieved an SS here
Take note that this map has one spinner. I have noticed that I had different rankings shown, #54 and #46 namely

On the results screen, (when scrolled down) my score was shown as #54 in leaderboards in here
(It isn't scrolled down, but I am sure it was #54.)
Results Screen
Note that when scrolled down, it looks like this (Different map)
Also is the same in the #userlog
Take note that #userlog should only show scores that are in #50 in rankings, but despite being #54, it still messaged me.
Which might mean that the server has known my score was #46 and #userlog sent me a notification but received the data "#54"
Which is the also same as in my profile (Which I never doubted until now!)

However, it is different in the Global Raking inside the game. It was shown #46 this time.
(Personal best was shown as #30)
It is also the same when you visit the beatmap's ranking here

I'm thinking that #46 one is correct, as you can see #47 has 100 points lower than me, while #54 has no basis.
What's weird is that the results screen ranking is what I trusted the most (since it shown me #200 even if it shows #32 in the Personal Best of Global Rankings.

I'm pretty sure this happened before, but it was always the other way around, where the website, results screen, & beatmap ranking was shown correctly, but only the Global Ranking panel was not.
I don't know if this is still a duplicate of this since and this. Since those only concerned no-spinner maps.

I am not sure if you can still call it a duplicate since the circumstances are different (has spinner), but nevertheless, they have only a little difference, only this time, the wrong data was on the other one.

Update:
I have seen another play that did this, but I only have proof only on the user profile showing as #475

The Beatmap page & Personal Best seem to have the correct data showing as #474
osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest)
Mints
I'm sure #46 is the correct rank on your first score. My guess on this issue is that there are hidden scores of hackers in the leaderboard of that song. Since osu! doesn't actually delete the score as it might be legit and that will make it easier for them to retrieve the score for the user. It's like how Cookiezi's NoMod FC on freedom dive was actually not shown as #1 in his profile when it happened, but on the leaderboard he is indeed #1, but that is because there are hidden scores that are above the scores setted in the leaderboard.
Topic Starter
Kao
That actually makes sense...

But I don't think there'd be 8 banned players in that map (8/54)
Meanwhile only 1 is in the 2nd map (1/475)

The odds here seems a bit absurd. I have doubts they're from 'hidden scores'
But I kinda see the point in them being 'hidden'
If it were that what you said is true, then it really is a problem to have that many 'hidden scores'
Usually, users that are reported doesn't last long, so there'd be no reason to keep 8.

Any thoughts?
Maybe there must be some staff who knows why? (Maybe it's being kept secret?)
o x
Wouldn't be surprised if Mints was right, although I doubt the scores were cheated. My guess is they are just Restricted users. Restricted users can still see leaderboard and set scores they just don't show up globaly
Topic Starter
Kao
Well, I'll never know then

I know restricted users still have their scores, they just can't submit new scores
Feel free to correct me though

(I keep getting blocked from posting certain keywords :?)
Topic Starter
Kao
Bump.

Any clarification