forum

[Archived] I have a bad internet connection = osu doesn't upload scores

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
muhdiboy
So today wasn't a great day in terms of internet connection qualitiy and so I scored 2 plays in like 160 pp range, not major but anyways, imagine I scored something very difficult and don't get any pp because of connection errors and osu not willing to upload any scores after some hours. Why can't they change this? I'm already suffering from bad internet then why does osu have to be so intolerant?. I hope they can change this otherwise I can't play safely anymore.
Sandy Hoey
What exactly do you want to happen? osu! is not at fault, you said it yourself
Starrodkirby86
With his Internet, I think he's expressing frustration at osu!'s window of time in re-attempting to submit a score being too short (2 hours). So he'd like for it to be longer.

I think it's just more concerning to have your Internet down inconsistently for periods of hours though. That feels more like a huge problem with the provider or something. :(
Topic Starter
muhdiboy

Sandy Hoey wrote:

The thing is that I obviously can not control my internet and osu isn't helping much in this manner. They did this to overcome cheaters and so I have to suffer because of that....
Topic Starter
muhdiboy

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

With his Internet, I think he's expressing frustration at osu!'s window of time in re-attempting to submit a score being too short (2 hours). So he'd like for it to be longer.

I think it's just more concerning to have your Internet down inconsistently for periods of hours though. That feels more like a huge problem with the provider or something. :(
Thank you for your understanding mate. I'm dealing with this connection since I moved in 2 years ago. Things slowly come close to an end now. Sometimes it can just upload the score because of just minutes of downtime but if it is like today being down for approx. 4 hours....
Pawsu
osu! only attempts to submit for around 2-4 hours (not sure the exact number anymore). not sure what else to say but to try with another internet connection if that's possible? unfortunately there isn't much to do when it comes to this problem.

muhdiboy wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

The thing is that I obviously can not control my internet and osu isn't helping much in this manner. They did this to overcome cheaters and so I have to suffer because of that....
What do you mean by "they did this to overcome cheaters and so I have to suffer because of that"? This has nothing to do with "overcoming cheaters".
Topic Starter
muhdiboy

Pawsu wrote:

muhdiboy wrote:

What do you mean by "they did this to overcome cheaters and so I have to suffer because of that"? This has nothing to do with "overcoming cheaters".
I mean that this helps cheaters not being able to upload offline cheated plays, but I guess this won't overcome them, i was really pissed and mad when I wrote this, sry for that
Kyujuroku 96
Sometimes the scores doesnt seem submited in game so check your profile to see any changes or things like that. osu is picky for bad internet connections even if you can do other stuff
Kao
Just remember don't close osu! while your score uploads,
This happens to me whenever there is DNS conflict, and I usually wait till osu! Reconnects, then I make a play on any map, wait for that to be submitted
Then my old score submits along with that one.

Also, if you want to make sure your score uploads, don't leave the results screen, scroll down and wait until the "Rank" gets filled